Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

An insight into Nigel's world

You can get an insight into Nigel''s world after his comment on Canaries World '' I thought we were first class and deserved a draw - if not a win''.  If he seriously believes this then I am very worried about where he is going to take this club.

My own personal definition of first class is when you play your opponents off the park and excel in every position on the field.  Did we really see that yesterday?  I did not go to Hull but I listened closely on the radio, and I have read numerous newspaper reports, and it doesn''t quite fit in with the phrase '' first class''.

I guess in Nigel''s world  2 points from 18 is referred to as '' outstanding form''.  18 wins in 70 matches is referred to as ''world class''.

We have become the laughing stock of the Championship this season, and whether the board except it or not there is more chance of us going down than up.

If you want a comparison on the effect it has on the players when you get rid of an under-performing manager, then look no further than Newcastle.

I couldnt agree more with you Silverfox, after the Wolves match when Nigel stated that he was angered by the players lack of passion and apologised for the lacklustre performance of the squad I (misguidedly) changed my view of the bloke and thought wow, this is a new start and maybe he does mean business and could this be a u turn for the fortunes of the lub.

Alas a few months on and it really hasnt changed one bit. The team perform badly, then the unchosen one bleats that some players did excellant and the one player who i thought did an above average performance (PMV) ws said to be ok......Grrrrrrrrrr.  Maybe he has a playstation in the dugout and is playing a different game to the one we are watching on the pitch ??????

Your reference to being a laughing stock couldnt be more spot on it you tried. The terraces in the last few away games have echoed to "your shxx and you know you are" and "premiership you having a laugh" chants that sometimes as an ardent NCFC lad I have with embaressment have to agree with. I love the club and to watch them getting beaten by lesser teams is hurting like mad.

Have to agree Silver Fox, have we really sunk so low, that a draw at Hull is something to aspire to?  We got a last minute goal courtesy of a deflection.  We were lucky, yes, but first class.  No, and we haven''t been all season.

I don''t think the Newcastle comparison is a good one.

When Souness took over they went 10 games (I think?) unbeaten.

And now look at them. It can galvanise a team at first, but if the choice of manager is rubbish, the team will eventually become rubbish.

[quote user="Mook"]

And now look at them. It can galvanise a team at first, but if the choice of manager is rubbish, the team will eventually become rubbish.

[/quote] ahh but mook, we are already rubbish.. obviously a good candidate must take on the job and their are no garuantees, but any manager whom thinks 1 point and a cup exit is a average month does not have the ambition required to manage Norwich City Football Club.. Mike Newell is the replacement for me

Worthington knows his job is on the line. Therefore we can''t really expect him to come out and say we were total rubbish - although I (being a Judge and all) would prefer him to say it as it is.

This is the type of rubbish he always comes out with - and the vast majority of us are getting tired of it. Sometimes he must actually face the stands rather than the pitch (which may account for some of his substitutions !) because he obviously doesn''t watch the same game as 25,000 other people each home game do.

The thing is the board watch the same games as we do, yet they stick with him (at least publicly) - amazing ! I really do believe the board are seriously out of tune with the vast majority of supporters - ignore us at your peril. I for one will renew my season ticket before the start of March - however I will be inserting a letter for the attention of Mr Munby stating that although I''m renewing it is because I love Norwich City football and not because I''m happy with the situation at the club at the moment and want a change.   

Alternatively if Worthington does actually believe in what he is saying then he should be sectioned under the mental health act. 

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

My apologies Mook but I am referring to the fact that since Souness has been fired the Newcastle players seem to have a new believe in themselves.  The new combination of Roeder and Shearer seems to have gotthe backing of the players and the supporters.