Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Finnish finishers finishing finished?

I mean, I love Pukki and all but he could have scored 5.

And of course it comes and bites us in the ****. Does he need to spend all weekend on shooting drills?🤔

And yes, this thread is meant to be lighthearted. As I said- I love Pukki. Club icon, one of the best strikers we have had in years. I have no doubt he will score against Huddersfield in out next match, and will score lots before the end of the season. Sadly many people seemed to miss the fact that this thread was meant to be a joke, but sadly humour does tend to be hard to express via text.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, I love Pukki and all but he could have scored 5.

And of course it comes and bites us in the ****. Does he need to spend all weekend on shooting drills?🤔

No - the poor sod needs to have a good rest!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That pun is quite Swede but there's Norway he's Finnished. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Obsession, the new fragrence by you

It's just a really, really sh*t post, even by your standards.

• Like 3

Most definitely need a couple of proven strikers Hugill is  Championship or Div 1 at best 

Know he’s not had the chances but never a Premiership striker

During the international break he played two full 90 minutes against Bosnia and the Ukraine, scoring three, and was used as a sub vs Switzerland. Travelled from Finland to the Ukraine and to Switzerland. It kind of explains. That said, during the pandemic clubs enjoy special rights to recall players from international duty, so perhaps we could have used that option at least for Finland's Swiss match which was a friendly anyway.   

• Like 2

He looked sharp today, so don't think fitness was issue. Just bit unlucky today with couple of near misses. Happens to each and every player in world. Will bag them in again another day.

As with last season, I do think we dont score enough of a variety of different kinds of goal.

Our chief tactic is one of the midfielders , invariably Buendia , sliding the ball through for Pukki to run onto.

If his fininshing isnt there , such as today, or if Buendia doesnt pull something out of the hat, there's very little other ways that we'll score from anyone else in the team.

2 goals against ordinary teams in Blackburn and Preston from 10 clear cut chances is a poor return.

4 points dropped. Shouldnt matter in terms of promotion but I want us to have a league trophy to show for this season but the monentum is with Watford

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Obsession, the new fragrence by you

Ooooh, thats a bit  Bill-ish Cambridgeo !!! 

Non illegitimi carborundum.

There is a bit of a point here. I love Teemu snd his movement is what creates a lot of his chances but it’s not the first tine this season we should have been well out of sight by the closing stages of a game and haven’t been. The number of good chances we’ve missed this season has been staggering. It’s something for us as a team to work on for next season when chances will be more at a premium. 

33 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oh God. You've turned into Boris. Own up, have you been shagging a pole dancer and a Russian violinist?

12 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Oh God. You've turned into Boris. Own up, have you been shagging a pole dancer and a Russian 

Damn, sussed.!!

19 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

There is a bit of a point here. I love Teemu snd his movement is what creates a lot of his chances but it’s not the first tine this season we should have been well out of sight by the closing stages of a game and haven’t been. The number of good chances we’ve missed this season has been staggering. It’s something for us as a team to work on for next season when chances will be more at a premium. 

The question is how many strikers would get in these positions? His movement is great . He just missed the target today . His connection with the one that hit the bar was too good . 

5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The question is how many strikers would get in these positions? His movement is great . He just missed the target today . His connection with the one that hit the bar was too good . 

I agree his movement is great. I suppose the point is we still need more goals from other sources because when he has an off day with his finishing we don’t put games to bed. We saw last season when the goals dried up for Teemu in the second half of the season we basically didn’t score. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

During the international break he played two full 90 minutes against Bosnia and the Ukraine, scoring three, and was used as a sub vs Switzerland. Travelled from Finland to the Ukraine and to Switzerland. It kind of explains., so perhaps we could have used that option at least for Finland's Swiss match which was a friendly anyway.   

"That said, during the pandemic clubs enjoy special rights to recall players from international duty"

Do they????

15 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's just a really, really sh*t post, even by your standards.

Do you mean it? 😘

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oh no, you've figured out my secret identity!

Pointless post

we are third highest goal scorers in the league

Pukki is second highest goal scorer. 

Toneys shot conversion is slightly better 

third place Armstrong’s shot conversion is much worse than Pukki

Why is there so much negativity on here , usually from the same posters.

does it really get much better than top of the league....enjoy it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Do you mean it? 😘

No, you're right, it wasn't that bad. It was probably of about average sh*tness by your standards.

Boring.

22 goals from 35 appearances this season suggests he is doing alright.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I agree his movement is great. I suppose the point is we still need more goals from other sources because when he has an off day with his finishing we don’t put games to bed. We saw last season when the goals dried up for Teemu in the second half of the season we basically didn’t score. 

To be fair our goal in the game yesterday didn't come from Teemu...

4 hours ago, king canary said:

Yes he's not scored in the last two games for us so clearly he's finished. ****s sake.

We'd all be a bit more concerned if we we'rnt actually creating the chances that are being missed!.Just one of those games.🔰

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

So I just thought I'd bump this........................... just so people could give their opinions and all.................

Yup this thread is excellent insight and cutting edge once again from our resident Daily Mail