lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Preston*****

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

He was still too busy arguing with Jermaine Jenas.

JJ is becoming the new Jamie Nurding. Should change his name to knowall.

Great to see the young lads given a start, they won't let us down they deserve a chance even if it is an important match.

• Like 1

Omobamidele is a unit, and he can head a ball away and kick it in the right direction. He will feel a tad nervous, but there are more high pressure games for him to come into

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I hope there is nothing more sinister in Aarons missing out completely other than international duty fatigue.

Indeed, protecting our assets Tilly 😉

On another note in general, I totally get why PNE have not agreed to move this game. Why should they? They don’t exist to serve us, and I think it looks a bit sour grapes with us complaining about it - a bit embarrassing, we’re better than that. If we were in their shoes, we’d want every bit of help we could get too. Let’s win this game with dignity.

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

On another note in general, I totally get why PNE have not agreed to move this game. Why should they? They don’t exist to serve us, and I think it looks a bit sour grapes with us complaining about it - a bit embarrassing, we’re better than that. If we were in their shoes, we’d want every bit of help we could get too. Let’s win this game with dignity.

Perfect timing for Omobamidele to show whether hes ready.

Mumba to show that if Aaron's is sold that he can fill his boots.

Chance for Sorensen to show what he can do in his favoured position.

Chance for Quintilla to earn a permanent move and be competition for Giannoulis.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

You're totally missing the point Alex. Nobody is having a go at Preston about it - it's the EFL who should have moved the game. 

Stats guys reckon City 99% to be promoted wish I was so certain, fail to win today and even more nervous

11 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Perfect timing for Omobamidele to show whether hes ready.

I have little doubt about Omobamidele. I am more concerned about Chris Goreham.

55 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I hope there is nothing more sinister in Aarons missing out completely other than international duty fatigue.

I am sorry to tell you there definitely is. It is all linked to the Ipswich Town takeover and the appointment of Paul Cook.🤓

I know it’s a much weaker defence but it’s still a strong attack - Pukki and Cantwell only really played the last 20 mins on Wednesday. We’ve also still got an experienced PL goalkeeper between the sticks. I think it’s also worth playing Omobamidele alongside Hanley despite his inexperience, as it will give him some first team experience. I’d also give Farke credit for taking no chances with Aarons or Giannoulis - we can’t afford to risk any more injuries to key defenders. Although Hanley is a huge gamble, I think Farke had no option but to play him as he had no other CBs available.

If we do end up losing today think we all have to accept it and can only criticise the EFL, not the team.

I’m expecting defeat and will happily take a draw. If we win Preston will be the laughing stock of Lancashire

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Stats guys reckon City 99% to be promoted wish I was so certain, fail to win today and even more nervous

99%??? Simply can't understand the pessimism from some quarters 😁

I'll say it again..... WE ARE ALREADY UP!!! 

No rupp today, anyone know why?

What happened to zimbo?

Also is idah out injured at well? Surprised to see pukki not rested as well, I know he had a friendly but still had a full international week, surely Hugill is good enough against these, or idah (unless he is out)

Anyone know how omotoye is getting on at Swindon!?

Mclean yet to complete a pass to a norwich player I think. Must have passed directly to Preston 7 or 8 times so far.

Omabamidele looks brilliant so far. Really impressive.

BUENDIAAAAAAAAAAAA