lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Preston*****

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

He was clearly limping as they came back on to the pitch after half time. Could have just been a knock, but considering that Preston had decided to kick lumps out of him to try and injure him/wind him up and he was getting zero protection from the ref it was the correct decision. 

You could see he was getting more and more p*ssed  off with the off the ball kickouts.Took him off before he possibly reacted. Good management.

• Like 1

Yet again we had plenty of chances and actually looked more in control after Buendia was taken off, he’d been limping on and off since half time so a sensible decision especially as the ref was letting Preston get away with kicking him and Cantwell non stop.

with an inexperienced back 4 it was always a risk Preston would get a lucky break from a long ball forward, them’s the breaks sometimes.

id still rather be 6 points ahead of Watford with 7 games to go, I expect us to get back on track.

No need to Panic!  The important numbers aren't so much Swansea's games in hand.  But that Swansea are 15, I'll say that again in case you missed it, Swansea are 15 points behind us and they have 9 games left to play.  Swansea and Watford also play each other on the final day.  They both can't win.  Enjoy the run in!

Well eff off EFL. Can't wait to get out of this ****ty league. Cannot believe we were forced to play this game. No club should pay a penalty for allowing players to support their national teams.

13 minutes ago, daly said:

Another day of wasted chances

Now the battle begins against the best teams

Far from over 

Even if Swansea win both their games in hand we’re still 9 points clear with 7 games to go. Today was a sickener but it would still be the biggest collapse of all time to miss out on the automatics from here

11 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Can’t see them taking points of either Swansea or Brentford. They just got very lucky today 

They are 10 points off relegation, not a lot to play for as evidenced today.

Season starting to  follow  the season 2 years ago...in a strange kind of way..when we had a run of draws towards the end but stayed unbeaten then..and even more strange that we could easy  finish with exactly same  stats to...W27 D13 L6 Pts 94..now would'nt that be spooky..but i would take that...us as Champs again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well eff off EFL. Can't wait to get out of this ****ty league. Cannot believe we were forced to play this game. No club should pay a penalty for allowing players to support their national teams.

We will get out of this league this year and then we will get posts about the ****ty Prem with VAR

• Haha 1

Gutted with the result when we were so close to victory. Even so, I still think it was an incredible team performance considering Preston didn’t manage to find the net until the final minute of stoppage time, when so many of our players were exhausted from international duty and we had a much weaker defence in place. 

Very sad result, but am still happy with a point when I was expecting a 2 or 3-0 defeat before kick off

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

You could always start a thread to gauge opinion?

Would it be official

11 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Reading? Watford have Middsbro away Monday.

Watford's win today was hardly convincing:

1-0 home win to the 2nd from bottom club scored by a Sheff W own-goal.

So, so, SO undeserved. Can't imagine any side in the league has claimed as jammy a result this season as Preston have there. Battered them from start to finish, they offered absolutely nothing all game only to score off a sh*t deflection. Seen a few Preston fans on Twitter saying how they never give up and keep going to the end, but it wasn't down to that at all, it was sheer luck. Such a shame given the effort we put in with our depleted squad.

The fact is though all the time it's 1-0 you're at risk of something like this happening. I know Pukki's just played 3 games on international duty but he simply has to score one of the chances he has. He does that it's game over.

I hope that despite the costly deflection coming off him that Omobamidele still takes a lot of confidence from this performance. He was absolutely excellent. He needs to bulk up a little bit but there's no doubting he's a really talented centre back, and he really didn't deserve that bad luck right at the end. Mumba and Quintilla were also great. Sorenson was decent in midfield too. Emi Buendia though, particularly in that first half, was on another planet.

Really hope we can take our anger out from this performance on Huddersfield. Obviously we still have a massive advantage and are 11 unbeaten now in the league, but we don't want to be dropping any more points against far inferior sides like Preston and Blackburn. A few days off now to let some players have a rest, so we should be nice and refreshed for Huddersfield on Tuesday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pukki Blinders said:

So, so, SO undeserved. Can't imagine any side in the league has claimed as jammy a result this season as Preston have there. Battered them from start to finish, they offered absolutely nothing all game only to score off a sh*t deflection. Seen a few Preston fans on Twitter saying how they never give up and keep going to the end, but it wasn't down to that at all, it was sheer luck. Such a shame given the effort we put in with our depleted squad.

The fact is though all the time it's 1-0 you're at risk of something like this happening. I know Pukki's just played 3 games on international duty but he simply has to score one of the chances he has. He does that it's game over.

I hope that despite the costly deflection coming off him that Omobamidele still takes a lot of confidence from this performance. He was absolutely excellent. He needs to bulk up a little bit but there's no doubting he's a really talented centre back, and he really didn't deserve that bad luck right at the end. Mumba and Quintilla were also great. Sorenson was decent in midfield too. Emi Buendia though, particularly in that first half, was on another planet.

Really hope we can take our anger out from this performance on Huddersfield. Obviously we still have a massive advantage and are 11 unbeaten now in the league, but we don't want to be dropping any more points against far inferior sides like Preston and Blackburn. A few days off now to let some players have a rest, so we should be nice and refreshed for Huddersfield on Tuesday.

'Can't imagine any side in the league has claimed as jammy a result this season as Preston have'

Yeah I tried blocking that Derby match out of my mind too

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No chance. They were dreadful . 

That really is clutching at straws 

Just a thought, if anyones gonna go on the socials and comment on today's game, give Omabamidele a praise for today's showing. I don't know the guy personally but there's a chance he'll have a look tonight and I hope he sees a wave of support. The guy was excellent today and will be a crucial part of getting things over the line. That deflected equaliser was completely undeserved.

Edited by Tetteys Jig
  • Like 3

People moaning we didnt win the game and missed chances. Before kick off people suggested a point would be a good point. Not all chances we had where easy ones, not like players done a timo Warner against North Macedonia mid week 🤣🤣. At least we haven't lost the game. May feel like a loss but its still a point. 

Hugill was the issue in those last 5 minutes, Preston were delighted to see him come on for Pukki. Yes, Pukki should have put the match to bed way before and must take some of the blame but the pressure he puts on the defenders is relentless. Hugill comes on, loses the ball, kicks their players and gives away a totally needless free-kick for them to kick up the pitch. He's League One standard at best. 

What was so annoying is that were utterly beaten, totally dejected for the last 10 minutes or so. Passing back aimlessly with the occasional hoof forward. It wasn't one of those games where they're battering us towards the end & you can see a goal coming. 

My biggest concern was that we didn't seem overly concerned to score; sometimes we look a bit too worried about producing the perfect goal rather than just get the bloody thing in the net any old how.

But, ultimately, the frustration is part & parcel of the beautiful game. And there's always next time ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moosebadge said:

4 points down 6 to go.

You Horrrrns

You may well catch us. But you will always be a pathetic little club. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Bennett said:

That’s football unfortunately.

Preston have Swans and Brentford in their next two games, hopefully that equaliser will give them the lift to take points off them both. 

They were utter sh*t. They won’t get a point off Swansea or Brentford

• Like 1