lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Preston*****

Return of Quintilla? Mumba back? Sorensen in the middle? That's pretty juciy not going to lie, although I assume Hanley and Mclean will be subbed off by half time

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Good things about this line-up. We get to see Mumba start again - we get to see Sorensen play in central midfield and we get to see Omobamidele make his full league debut. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Don’t be Krul said:

No Aarons or Giannoulis then. Time for Mumbai to shine. Take a point right now though

Or Skipp ( although on bench ).

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Good things about this line-up. We get to see Mumba start again - we get to see Sorensen play in central midfield and we get to see Omobamidele make his full league debut. 

Omobamidele and Mumba are very much worth keeping an eye on. Mumba looked fantastic last time he played for us but then sadly his injury came up. Omobamidele is an unknown, will be very interesting to see him in action.

I hope there is nothing more sinister in Aarons missing out completely other than international duty fatigue.

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I hope there is nothing more sinister in Aarons missing out completely other than international duty fatigue.

Yes, I did wonder that as well - especially as Skipp is on the bench and he played all theee of the U21 games and Aarons only played two. 

Poor Mumba only ever seems to get a start in a horrible blue kit in a depleted team away at a ****hole 😂

• Haha 1

Let's hope they have a great game, but the fact we have been forced to put out this team because of a refusal by the EFL to delay the fixture is truly scandalous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Farke said yesterday players in the England under 21’s will be looked at mentally as well due to such a major disappointment. But I agree seems slightly strange not on bench.

I am in slight shock, that is a lot of changes from Farke, Let’s see how they do. 

Slightly nervous about the result today, but it has to make sense not to over burden the players with the injuries racking up and plenty of games to come.  OTBC

Edited by Newtopia

And not a single defender available on the bench. Well and truly screwed by the EFL. Let's hope these lads do the business.

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I am in slight shock, that is a lot of changes from Farke, Let’s see how they do. 

Slightly nervous about the result today, but it has to make sense not to over burden the players with the injuries racking up and plenty of games to come.  OTBC

Yes. In for a penny in for a pound.

A chance to have a good look at two youngsters who might be more prominent next season (Omobamideke & Mumba).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

And not a single defender available on the bench. Well and truly screwed by the EFL. Let's hope these lads do the business.

We've got Tettey who has played CH, and did Stiepps play left back once? Plus Sorensen can drop back. It's quite a defensive squad we have put out tbh. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

That's actually Russell Martin on the bench, emergency loan defender/scapegoat if we lose.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

That's actually Russell Martin on the bench, emergency loan defender/scapegoat if we lose.😉

I was hoping it was Martin Keown

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

A chance to have a good look at two youngsters who might be more prominent next season (Omobamideke & Mumba).

Nice to see Josh Martin on the bench too .... I rate that youngster.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I was hoping it was Martin Keown

He was still too busy arguing with Jermaine Jenas.

Best of luck to 'Dele and credit Farke for giving him a chance. Skipp is on the bench and will likely figure at some point.

All about the result today not the performance. I'd love us take the lead and then totally spoil it as a spectacle with gamesmanship, time wasting you name it, just to prove the point to the EFL and Preston.

Great opportunity for several players to step up today.  Sorensen in his preferred position, Mumba, Omobamidele not to mention Dowell, who still has something to prove (imo). Quintilla too. 

Farke will have had three of that back four and Sorensen working hard over the last two weeks, so they will be well prepared, so looking forwards to seeing how they do.

I'd love this line up if we were to be three or four more points to the good.

But, I haven't had any booze yet today.