Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Away Membership For 20/21.

Way back in early 2020 the club opened the away membership scheme for this season at a cost of £25. Just checking my club account online and now remember that £12.50 was refunded towards the end of September because at that time there was no chance of being able to use the scheme due to no crowds. I left the money sitting there although there was an option to have it refunded to my debit card. £12.50 hardly seemed worth bothering about but now i am wondering if we will be returned the remaining £12.50 as we won't have been able to us this away membership at any stage of the season at all ?

I am quite happy for it to be used as payment for 21/22 unless there ar changes to the scheme.

Any info from anybody who has been involved in fan consultation groups about what the club are proposing ?

Is that pensioner rates Tilly? 

I am in the same position, and it wasnt mentioned on the initial consultation zoom call. I did email the club to ask but am yet to get a reply. 

I used to like the January Sales at Curls. 

FB_IMG_1617360654176.thumb.jpg.82f7c8f9676d6fe6fa79c3f9421e456e.jpg

They didn't open a day early for some elite membership scheme.....

Happy Easter 🐰🍫🐇🍻🙃

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Happy Easter 🐰🍫🐇🍻🙃

But you get a priority on lots of things as a season ticket holder, ahead of members / public,  which im sure you make use of. 

Isnt that the same ?

39 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Is that pensioner rates Tilly? 

I am in the same position, and it wasnt mentioned on the initial consultation zoom call. I did email the club to ask but am yet to get a reply. 

If you remember Greavsy it was £50 to join in 19/20 and that caused a lot of bad feeling so it was reduced to £25 this season as i suppose a token effort at goodwill.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Happy Easter 🐰🍫🐇🍻🙃

The Elite 750 had to pay £25 just like the riff raff Johnny come lately's who just wanted a ticket for the odd game not necessarily for a cold Tuesady night away in November or February.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

If you remember Greavsy it was £50 to join in 19/20 and that caused a lot of bad feeling so it was reduced to £25 this season as i suppose a token effort at goodwill.

Just checked my records - appears it was £25.00 for a renewal, and £35.00 for a new membership. 

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Elite 750 had to pay £25 just like the riff raff Johnny come lately's who just wanted a ticket for the odd game not necessarily for a cold Tuesady night away in November or February.

If only the Curl Brothers had dreamt up such a scheme...

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If only the Curl Brothers had dreamt up such a scheme...

Curls later became Debenhams, who have just gone bust - So maybe they should have! 

Let's hope it is scrapped.

There must still be doubts about away travel next year.

I have paid £25 for the away season ticket in past seasons where every ticket gets posted. Fine. That is a service charge.

This scheme is a tax on loyalty. It shouldn't have happened.

11 hours ago, essex canary said:

Let's hope it is scrapped.

There must still be doubts about away travel next year.

I have paid £25 for the away season ticket in past seasons where every ticket gets posted. Fine. That is a service charge.

This scheme is a tax on loyalty. It shouldn't have happened.

If you recall the proposal was to revise the scheme so in an attempt to guarantee everyone at least one home / away game, depending upon their membership type.

When the fixtures were released in June everyone would have the choice to select a specific home / away game as their preferred fixture. Assuming that choice wasn’t oversubscribed, they’d then be guaranteed a ticket for that game.

The problem with the proposal was that in reality you weren’t actually guaranteed a ticket at all. For example, say that the first game was Fulham away, always a relatively popular away game (I sometimes wonder why, given our appalling record there) and 6,000 fans put it down as their choice, only about 1,500 would be successful after the guaranteed had their ticket automatically. Would the remaining 4,500 get second dibs for another fixture - no, not at all, so the fundamental reason behind the revision was flawed anyway.

Also remember that for the Premier league season the Away membership was wacked up to £50 which caused a furore and it was reduced to £25 for this current season because of it.

As i said at the start of this thread anybody from these fans consultation groups know what is proposed for next season as currently you have either accepted a 50% refund given last September or it is sitting as credit in your club account. I asked what is happening with the other 50% ?

I got a refund for Arsenal away but nothing for the Away Membership. I vaguely remember being asked if I wanted to forgo a refund for something or other which I agreed to but can’t remember when or what it went to-the passage of time seems to be quite weird lately!

We’ve been saving so much in travelling costs the last year that I’m not bothered about £25.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Also remember that for the Premier league season the Away membership was wacked up to £50 which caused a furore and it was reduced to £25 for this current season because of it.

As i said at the start of this thread anybody from these fans consultation groups know what is proposed for next season as currently you have either accepted a 50% refund given last September or it is sitting as credit in your club account. I asked what is happening with the other 50% ?

Applications for the Official Supporters Panel closed on the 15 March and it was hoped to have its first meeting in March too. Minutes of such meetings are supposed to be available online.

I don’t know if they have completed the application process yet, or, indeed, had the first meeting. I’d suggest probably not.

On the basis that the Club are in discussions with the relevant parties relating to the hope of having at least one test event this season for home fans, I’d suggest that the position for away fans is very much up in the air at the moment and highly unlikely to be until into next season.

As for the balance of away membership the Club has indicated that they will communicate further updates dependant on any changes to government guidelines. I suspect that they will probably make an announcement at the end of the season and hope fans will roll over the credit for next season.

I stumped up £50 at the start of 2019/20 and the £12 at seasons end and donated to the academy.  Again £25 at start of 20/21 and Have the £12.50 in my account.  I am expecting to be charged £50 again in the PL for membership.  Also I am expecting a full refund for 20/21 membership another £12.5 added to account.  I expect to use the money in the account to pay for 21/22 however clarity on how to access the account funds are not clear.

Whether my expectations are met are unknown at this stage. 

29 minutes ago, GMF said:

Applications for the Official Supporters Panel closed on the 15 March and it was hoped to have its first meeting in March too. Minutes of such meetings are supposed to be available online.

I don’t know if they have completed the application process yet, or, indeed, had the first meeting. I’d suggest probably not.

I thought that the applicants for the OSP were to be the subject of an election so the closing date of 15th March and your indication that a first meeting was hoped to have been held by the end of March gives a very small window of opportunity for fans to vote on the applicants. Maybe i have that wrong about elections and this panel is to be handpicked by the club ?

Having now spoken to somebody i know applied it appears due to the large number of applicants a delay until the middle of April has resulted when a shorlist of applicants will have been drawn up so that still leaves the unanswered question about elections for what i understood to be a 2 year termof office.

Asked the question on the live chat today - as club has ignored my two emails regarding this. 

Me :Do you know whats happening with the remaining 50% of the away ticket membership please??

Ticket office Hi. The Club will be making a decision with regard to that at the end of the season

Im not sure what decision they have to make, personally

@TIL 1010

Edited by Greavsy
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Asked the question on the live chat today - as club has ignored my two emails regarding this. 

Me :Do you know whats happening with the remaining 50% of the away ticket membership please??

Ticket office Hi. The Club will be making a decision with regard to that at the end of the season

Im not sure what decision they have to make, personally

@TIL 1010

Maybe they're seeing how many crappy scarves that no-one will ever use it will buy.

Edited by Nuff Said

Just had a further update - 

There is to be an announcement / statement in the next month. However refunds are to be made 'on account' as previously done, and can be claimed back to your bank account as registered, or used for future purchases in club shop / tickets. 

Where can you actually find this credit on my online account?

When they apply it. It's isn't there yet. 

But I believe will be the same as the initial 50% of away ticket membership and the initial refund of games, when last season first stopped. 

4 minutes ago, GMF said:

Where can you actually find this credit on my online account?

Just found it - almost as difficult as trying to find an ITFC fan stringing together a sentence without the word, ‘history’. 😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/city-confirm-fans-will-not-return-this-season-7896834

City also confirmed that the process for refunding supporters who purchased home, away or junior memberships for this season will be completed by the end of this month. 

Come on Greavsy, surely you could have started a separate thread about this? 🙂 

On 12/04/2021 at 17:06, GMF said:

Just found it - almost as difficult as trying to find an ITFC fan stringing together a sentence without the word, ‘history’. 😉

Logged on to MY ACCOUNT and clicked ON ACCOUNT BALANCE and there it was-literally 2 clicks to find it.

34 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Come on Greavsy, surely you could have started a separate thread about this? 🙂 

I think you're confusing me with Cambridgey....... ☺ 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/city-confirm-fans-will-not-return-this-season-7896834

City also confirmed that the process for refunding supporters who purchased home, away or junior memberships for this season will be completed by the end of this month. 

Just spotted the article on the club website Greavsy.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/april/update-on-return-of-fans-and-membership-rebates?fbclid=IwAR1hKTz_PQKDdU5isjUvMwe3zUk0M-0XnAHJ-lknfPg-VTgGs2oKaXe3hTI

• Thanks 1

Just checked and my rebate isn't there yet. Does say end of April though, so no drama.