Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Emi 💛⚽💚

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The best talent at Carrow road for decades. 

Would you rate him above Maddison?

Both exceptional players and it's great that we've been lucky enough to have those two and Wes for the past decade.

I think he's better that Maddison was when he played for us, for sure.  Maddison is obviously doing it at the business end of the premier league at the moment, but I think the potential is there for Emi to be even better given a similar chance.  I have a feeling that Emi may end up at one of Europe's elite during his career, rather than Maddison at one of England's elite.

Buendia is the most technical gifted player I have seen since going to Carrow Road in the late 80s.

His vision is exceptional, weight of pass, anticipation of what a defender will do as he struts by.

He has great balance, he makes incredible passes on the volley, can shoot when no one else would think they could, he has tenacity.

He is a player I am thankful I have seen many times but I will say when you watch him on TV he is still a joy to watch.

Huckerby was that x factor, maddison also and a few others most definitely over my time being a supporter. But I would say Buendia is exceptional.

Hence why with him not going on international duty we have the best player in the league and he wants prem football and he can turn a game instantly. Preston certainly will have their hands full with him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Both exceptional players and it's great that we've been lucky enough to have those two and Wes for the past decade.

Personally I would, if he could work on free kicks and corners he’d be near perfect. 

3 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Yes. Not even that close. Buendia has much more in the locker, his all round game is much better.

1 hour ago, GJP said:

Yes. Not even that close. Buendia has much more in the locker, his all round game is much better.

Maddison has performed at top PL level. In his first season in said company Buendia did not. Far too early to make the assertion that Maddison is 'not even close' to Buendia. I think that's a ludicrous suggestion. As Midlands Yellow has correctly mentioned, Buendia's dead ball delivery is, er. not very good. Maddison was / is an expert in those requirements. 'For sure' Buendia is a special talent at this level. Time will tell whether he can produce similar in the PL and / or European football. 

13 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Maddison has performed at top PL level. In his first season in said company Buendia did not. Far too early to make the assertion that Maddison is 'not even close' to Buendia. I think that's a ludicrous suggestion. As Midlands Yellow has correctly mentioned, Buendia's dead ball delivery is, er. not very good. Maddison was / is an expert in those requirements. 'For sure' Buendia is a special talent at this level. Time will tell whether he can produce similar in the PL and / or European football. 

The comparison is a bit unfair as it is players who play in two different positions. There is no doubt Emi can do stuff that Maddison cannot but it is like comparing apples and pears

Buendia did do blooming well last season (Assists) and in a team that only got 21 points, that is some achievement. How would Madders have played in our team last season? How would Emi have played for Leicester, last season?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

What are you on about? Did you bother looking at Emi’s stats last season? Despite being in the team who finished bottom by a significant margin, he was up there with the best players from the best teams. 

Both Maddison and Buendia have been brilliant for us and I loved watching both of them.

Thing with Emi is this is the third season we've been able to enjoy him. I'm just gutted that for nearly half those three seasons we haven't been able to go to the games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Both Maddison and Buendia have been brilliant for us and I loved watching both of them.

Thing with Emi is this is the third season we've been able to enjoy him. I'm just gutted that for nearly half those three seasons we haven't been able to go to the games.

At least you've been able to watch him on a dodgy stream though Nutty. Every cloud.

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Yeah,  Maddison is good on the set pieces. But Buendia can play in more areas and he does more for the team. Maddison is good at what he does but he's more limited. Buendia is a much better all round footballer and actually I don't think that should be hard to see.

8 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Yes, I he is far far better than Maddison. He will go on to win the world cup with Argentina. 

14 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

What are you on about? Did you bother looking at Emi’s stats last season? Despite being in the team who finished bottom by a significant margin, he was up there with the best players from the best teams. 

I'm well aware of his 'stats' thank you. Those that relate to 'assists' of course. Just remind me how many goals he scored last season? I'm sure your 'stats' will tell you that!

12 hours ago, City fan said:

Yes, I he is far far better than Maddison. He will go on to win the world cup with Argentina. 

He better get a move on then considering he can't even make the national team!!

The EDP posted on Facebook yesterday suggesting that we start thinking about POTS. There were several people mentioning Skipp and Hanley. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Are people just stupid or do they have a problem with Argentina?

Emi is the best player I've seen at Carrow Road in over 50 years. 

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with Argentina but I would go for Skipp. 

Skipp 1

Buendia 2

Hanley 3 is my order of preference. 

Why do you label others as 'stupid' or 'having a problem with Argentina' for merely going for A N Other ahead of Buendia??

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I'm well aware of his 'stats' thank you. Those that relate to 'assists' of course. Just remind me how many goals he scored last season? I'm sure your 'stats' will tell you that!

Maddison  scored 6

Emi scored 1

Madders assists 3

Emi assists 7

Maddison created 79 chances

Emi created 83

Not much between them (except League position)

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Are people just stupid or do they have a problem with Argentina?

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

I don't have a problem with Argentina but I would go for Skipp. 

Guess that answers that.

21 minutes ago, GJP said:

Guess that answers that.

Only if you wish to make a political point of it. Skipp is my choice for POTS on merit only. Nought to do with an anti Argentina gripe as you seem to hint at. 

The most consistent across the whole season is probably Emi, skipp and Hanley. 

Theres absolutely no way anybody should be winning this ahead of Buendia. 

5 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

So unless he scores goals, he’s no good? And it’s not just ‘stats’ is it? 99% of those who took any interest in our performances last time we were in the PL will say that he clearly did ‘perform’ at the top level. Give the overall team performance, his achievements were even more impressive.

I think Skipp is POTS. His consistency is incredible. Buendia is the heart of the team and is a top player. But I don't think he is as consistent. They play in different positions of course so comparison is a tad unfair.