Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Preston predictions

He thinks it will take years for the economy to recover from coronavirus.

Oh sorry, I thought you said Peston predictions.

4 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

😂 Very good! Love it

16 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

A tired, depleted Norwich to lose 2-1.............

Well Preston are good odds at 9/2 for the win. Go with a Preston and Watford win for a decent double 🙈

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Well Preston are good odds at 9/2 for the win. Go with a Preston and Watford win for a decent double 🙈

Don’t stop there. Add in Swansea and you get 19/1 . Plenty will. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

I'll take a draw here. The conundrum with Preston is the potential for a new manager to have had some quality time on the training ground getting new ideas put down, as well as having a prolonged period of time to get ready.

That said, Farke's generally proven himself to be very good at scraping wins out after international breaks and many of our more used players in the international break have not been our attackers. Cantwell should be fresh, Buendia obviously wasn't involved, Stiepermann should be closer to fitness for the run-in, Pukki didn't play much of the last game so this will depend on if the defensive half holds up.

I doubt McLean or Skipp will start as they were playing 90mins on Wednesday. They'll be put on the bench, surely. Can see it being Tettey and Rupp in defensive midfield, or Sorensen and Rupp (which I think could work really well as both can hit progressive passes, and Rupp's got enough speed to break a press), Tettey may be kept as centre-half cover for Omobamidele and cover both centre-half and defensive midfield.

26 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'll take a draw here. The conundrum with Preston is the potential for a new manager to have had some quality time on the training ground getting new ideas put down, as well as having a prolonged period of time to get ready.

I am baffled that you think Frankie McAvoy who was AN's kit carrier and bottle washer will turn PNE's fortunes around. He is merely keeping the seat warm and nothing more.

I do hope that will not come back to bite me on the bum at 5pm. 😂

46 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Don’t stop there. Add in Swansea and you get 19/1 . Plenty will. 

I'm not fussed by swansea or brentford to be honest. Think if we only won half our games they would have to win every game, which wont happen.

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am baffled that you think Frankie McAvoy who was AN's kit carrier and bottle washer will turn PNE's fortunes around. He is merely keeping the seat warm and nothing more.

I do hope that will not come back to bite me on the bum at 5pm. 😂

I hope it doesn't bite your **** either, but if Neil had lost the dressing room, a new face - any new face - could herald a rebound. We don't know.

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Another one worried about the defence. Have faith ffs! 😉 

I know but plenty of faith in attack to compensate 🤣

If Westley is in the frame North End are in for a rocky time.  The many time appointed manager of Stevenage was woeful last season and left the Boro looking at relegation to the National League salvaged by Macclesfield's payment issues.  Boro currently in a 1o match unbeaten run a la City.

It will be a surprise if Frankie McAvoy can inspire PNE.

1 hour ago, Barry Brockes said:

Graham Westley shown round the ground on Wednesday according to Twatter and very short odds to be the next manager.

Um really? As he has already had a spell managing them was that really necessary

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Unfortunately he’s more hopeless than they are