Is anyone else experiencing this error? If so how is it remedied, as I have had to change browser to get on here this morning.

Pete, or any admin, any ideas why?

If you search back through posts this was discussed about a month ago. There was a solution but I found it only worked for about a month. I'm now on my 3rd browser in 2 months.

Whoever it was who found the solution clearly knew what they were talking about and the solution was easy to follow but I'm afraid I can't remember who it was. Sorry.

It’s a pain. You have to keep deleting your browsing history on the device your are using . Then resigning in . 
I had hoped that Ecosia was the answer but it isn’t 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

TWTD is always fine.

I hope I don't end up supporting Ipswich what with takeovers, new manager and all.

Brief (very) pause for thought.

Nah!🙍‍♂️

What is the name of that other newer City site? Is it Talk Norwich?

Wrath of the Barclay is a bit hard to work out ... and seems confined to youngsters in the main.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Yeah! I think started a post on this a few weeks ago, and that wasn’t the first. It was @hogesar I believe who pointed us to the solution., which is to clear cache and cookies (not sure about browsing history itself, I don’t see how that would affect it). Weirdly, it sometimes happens and I don’t clear stuff down as it’s a PITA (since remembered logins and stuff are lost) but I switch to another browser. But the next day, the affected browser works again without any action???

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Yeah! I think started a post on this a few weeks ago, and that wasn’t the first. It was @hogesar I believe who pointed us to the solution., which is to clear cache and cookies (not sure about browsing history itself, I don’t see how that would affect it). Weirdly, it sometimes happens and I don’t clear stuff down as it’s a PITA (since remembered logins and stuff are lost) but I switch to another browser. But the next day, the affected browser works again without any action???

On my Samsung 9 the Chrome browser won't work whatever I do. Samsung Internet lasted a week. Firefox responds to the instructions that Hogesar kindly provided.

Chrome works absolutely fine for everything else.

It's possible that my phone is a problem because I use Nova Launcher but I'm completely out of my depth I'm afraid.

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

I tend to use this site via my Iphone or iPad (hence random spelling errors!) and have had this same problem a couple of times a week for the last couple of months. 

It seems to get sorted by going to Settings/Safari/Advanced/website data and deleting anything with archant, pinkun or edp....which does mean you need to log back in to the website.  

On a phone its completely unusable other than if you clear your cookies/data/cache  & then log in again every time you want to use it.

Never have this problem with any other website so assume its the software 

Yeah, every time I clear my cookies then function is restored, but I find myself having to do it quite a lot.

6 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

TWTD is always fine.

I hope I don't end up supporting Ipswich what with takeovers, new manager and all.

Brief (very) pause for thought.

Nah!🙍‍♂️

What is the name of that other newer City site? Is it Talk Norwich?

Wrath of the Barclay is a bit hard to work out ... and seems confined to youngsters in the main.

It's embarassing that this bloody problem just keeps cropping up !! .............even more embarassing that the forum of some tinpot club down the road never has this issue.

FFS,why should I have to frequently clear my browsing history to get access to our own forum - it's the ONLY website which I use that has this f*cking problem 🙄

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yeah, every time I clear my cookies then function is restored, but I find myself having to do it quite a lot.

Can’t beat clearing your cookies

If you do not want to clear all your cookies, on Firefox you can go into Options - Privacy & Security - Cookies and Site Data - Manage Data.

Once there you can select the Pink 'un cookie(s) from the list and Remove them individually.

The easy way to do this is to type Pink in the search box at the top - the one you want to clear is forum.pinkun.com

When done click on Save Changes.

Annoyingly I find myself having to do this every 2 or 3 days.

This forum is the only site that I have to do this on so it's obviously something that is down to Archant so presumably they can fix it.

Strangely though I never get it on the EDP or NNN websites.

57.png