Graham Paddons Beard

Zimmermann out for Preston

Sorensen as he would have had more experience at a higher level is best bet.  I doubt if Hanley would have worked at CB options with Jacob or Omo once Easter is over this can be rectified in training briefly available between fixtures.

So much for Xavi having no chance of playing today in front of Giannoulis, it’s worth listening to Farke sometimes. What will be most interesting today I think is seeing Omobamidele and Mumba starting, and Lungi in his natural position. 

42 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

DF knows far better than me, you and anyone else on here so whoever he picks will be the right man for the job. 

Agreed, seems he agrees with me 😉

21 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

I don’t know why everyone is adamant Giannoulis won’t play, he’s been involved in less games than some of the others. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him in the starting lineup 

Well you were wrong.

15 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Well you're a ****, did you predict the starting lineup ?

Steady FF, thats more Lidl than M&S staff language. 

On 01/04/2021 at 14:42, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

When you go into a season a man or two short, you're highly likely to be fine for the majority of the season; it's just that when you get an injury or two, you're bang in trouble. It's lucky that such a predictable situation has happened now rather than a few months ago when it could seriously have detailed the season.

We are only one half in but maybe yet again Webber and Farke know better and didn't think they could sign someone significantly better than the young players we have stepping up, and didn't want to stop their opportunities should they come?

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We are only one half in but maybe yet again Webber and Farke know better and didn't think they could sign someone significantly better than the young players we have stepping up, and didn't want to stop their opportunities should they come?

Exactly this. The point of running a camp like we do is that if there are enough youngsters who look promising, they get their chances.

55 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Well you're a ****, did you predict the starting lineup ?

No, but i had read the article from Farke where he stated what the situation was with Giannoulis and his international timetable which was available before you posted.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Possibly, but we wouldn't know unless they tell us. If that is the case, then fair enough.

However, I'll ask you a question: would you be happy for us to do the same thing next season, i.e. go into the season with just three first-team centre backs?

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Possibly, but we wouldn't know unless they tell us. If that is the case, then fair enough.

However, I'll ask you a question: would you be happy for us to do the same thing next season, i.e. go into the season with just three first-team centre backs?

Farke did say at the start of the season that he saw Omobamidele as being involved with the first team, so still its a case of those in the club knowing better than us and therefore the criticism being invalid. Not just invalid,  but comprehensively proven wrong.

Just now, hogesar said:

Farke did say at the start of the season that he saw Omobamidele as being involved with the first team, so still its a case of those in the club knowing better than us and therefore the criticism being invalid. Not just invalid,  but comprehensively proven wrong.

Like I said before, if Farke genuinely felt Omobamidele was ready then fair enough. But I still believe it was a huge risk to take and just because we've got away with it doesn't mean it should be repeated.

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Like I said before, if Farke genuinely felt Omobamidele was ready then fair enough. But I still believe it was a huge risk to take and just because we've got away with it doesn't mean it should be repeated.

Ignore. Misread your post.

Edited by kick it off

We haven’t ‘got away’ with anything. The young lad is obviously deemed to be as good as if not better than anybody we could get in as fourth choice, I suspect the other options in the squad are too. 

12 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Its not getting away with it if as a coach and sporting director you believe you already have a good player at the club. Its called making a decision and trusting your own ability.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Steady FF, thats more Lidl than M&S staff language. 

You should take your own advice and play the post not the poster 

Just now, hogesar said:

Its not getting away with it if as a coach and sporting director you believe you already have a good player at the club. Its called making a decision and trusting your own ability.

We're just going round in circles now. We're never going to agree, so I think this may as well end here...

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Giphy? | EN World | Dungeons & Dragons | Tabletop Roleplaying Games

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This.

Knowing when a youngster is about ready is a skill in itself, and if a single aspect has stood out during Farke's time with the club, he's generally got the timing absolutely bang on.

28 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Hilarious. 

On 02/04/2021 at 17:04, hogesar said:

Exactly this. At the end of the day, name a club in this league with 4 better centre backs than Hanley, Zimbo, Gibson and Omobamidele. Pretty sure there isn’t one, nor have I seen anyone be able to provide one when asked. So we are in no way badly off in that department (or any department for that matter). The rest of it comes down to luck, which is in the lap of the gods and can’t be used to point a finger.

On the flip side, we could of course have even more players I guess, but that’s a lot of players to keep happy, and if the dressing room isn’t happy then...