Graham Paddons Beard

Zimmermann out for Preston

11 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

So hes even older now! 

Lakeyo  is right,  Alex Tettey can  do the job adequately,  would he be in my first 3 choices...no, but choices are limited so rather than bemoan our lack of  quality  CB packed in greaseproof paper at the back of the storeroom, I'll back Tetts and I'll forgive him for not being perfect. 

12 minutes ago, pete said:

It's Sorensen time he has at least played there Danish U23's.  Proven as stand in LB so proves he has some defensive nous.  Unfortunately height has now become an issue at set pieces which was shown against Blackburn.  Now Daniel has let the cat out of the bag PNE game plan will change to isolate the rookie CB whoever it is.

Just have to outscore the opposition something we have failed to do winning by only the single goal might need to score 3 or 4 to win matches.  8 points in final 8 ought to be enough for automatic a defeat tomorrow will start the butterflies 

Lets not worry too much if we lose - I don’t think a defeat would come of any surprise. We’re still leading the race for the title by 8 points, and automatic promotion by 14, although Swansea have a game in hand. I don’t think we need much more to seal promotion, and let’s remember that tomorrow not all our squad is out injured - Krul played on Tuesday, not Wednesday, Cantwell and Pukki only really played the last 20 minutes, and Buendia and Dowell didn’t even get called up. Provided we don’t get any injuries tomorrow, I think we should improve against Huddersfield as all our players will have until Tuesday to recover.

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Eh? I don't think Giannoulis is quite up to Sorenson's standards when it comes to defensive positioning or awareness. He's got a great record at LB for us but if we have to play someone out of position at CB, I'd prefer it to be Sorenson.

Obviously not a fan of MES then?  

As for Giannoulis, he'll not start, a chance for Xavi to redeem himself.  Sorenson at CB agreed, in a back three alongside Hanley and Omobamidele.  Tettey a sole holding midfielder.

I don’t know why everyone is adamant Giannoulis won’t play, he’s been involved in less games than some of the others. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him in the starting lineup 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I don’t know why everyone is adamant Giannoulis won’t play, he’s been involved in less games than some of the others. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised to see him in the starting lineup 

He's not bloody slept though and travelled furthest.  Don't know about you, but last time I tried that only a couple of pints got me on the pitch!  And I played well below my usual level of performance.  Grand night out later mind! 🤣

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yep, he looks as fit as a fiddle, still up for making runs in league games on 90+ mins. Sorensen  for Zimbo and the back four looks grand.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

He's not bloody slept though and travelled furthest.  Don't know about you, but last time I tried that only a couple of pints got me on the pitch!  And I played well below my usual level of performance.  Grand night out later mind! 🤣

What's happened  to Sheffield lads? I know a fella , Sheffield  born ( a blade)who'd party all Friday night,play footy Saturday,  party Saturday  night, play in a different  league  on the Sunday,  then a few quiet pints Sunday night and back to work  Monday. The ****  turned 50 recently and he's still a fit cont.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

What's happened  to Sheffield lads? I know a fella , Sheffield  born ( a blade)who'd party all Friday night,play footy Saturday,  party Saturday  night, play in a different  league  on the Sunday,  then a few quiet pints Sunday night and back to work  Monday. The ****  turned 50 recently and he's still a fit cont.

So is the consensus that Dimi will be fine with a couple of pints in him? 🤔

• Haha 3

Whoever plays alongside Hanley out of the three will be absolutely fine, at least it gives the whittlers something to chew on after some lean times I guess. 

Such bad luck for Zimbo though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-daniel-farke-international-toll-revealed-7867998?fbclid=IwAR0bbK42fcQOHyTz7mQNhJX_m2wndYmbcRyvTCFiFLTVHeP1ZdSXAdZioTw

41 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Whoever plays alongside Hanley out of the three will be absolutely fine, at least it gives the whittlers something to chew on after some lean times I guess. 

Such bad luck for Zimbo though. 

Ditto, but I feel we need three or four points under our belt before taking the risk on a youngster.

Sorenensen has been so impressive and with CD being his second preference, apparently, then the decision is made. 

Watford could well be breathing down our necks at this news....but they may yet turn out to be our best allies with Brentford and Swansea still to play, by beating those two they might just about do our job for us in terms of promotion

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I thought Tettey did ok at CB, lets not forget that was in the Premier League too.

Like I said, I love the bloke one of my favourite players of recent times, but he's an absolute disaster at CB 😂

5 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I do tend to agree. Its yet another injury in training and given we knew we only have two fit CBs and one would be playing international games you would hope that they would have treated Zimbo with kid gloves last week. Its annoying that he appears to have picked up an injury that will keep him out for several weeks. 

You can literally do you hamstring with a simple jog so this poor attempt to try and blame someone is bordering on comedic.

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

So is the consensus that Dimi will be fine with a couple of pints in him? 🤔

Of Retsina ?

• Haha 1

So this was on the norwich website on the day we signed Quintilla, never heard Farke talk about him as a CB option like he did with Omobamidele, Tettey or Sorensen.

"Quintilla, 23, typically operates as a left-back but is capable of being deployed at centre-back as well."

39 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

So this was on the norwich website on the day we signed Quintilla, never heard Farke talk about him as a CB option like he did with Omobamidele, Tettey or Sorensen.

"Quintilla, 23, typically operates as a left-back but is capable of being deployed at centre-back as well."

He would be a short centre back......  I can imagine PNE rubbing their hands with glee if he played at centre half.

I am genuinely hopefully the Omobamidele gets the nod.  Seems crazy if Daniel and Stuart came into the season with only 3 genuine CB’s options.  If he is not considered close enough for a situation like this then he should be out on loan developing those skills.  The idea of playing three players completely out of position in the first team seems desperate.  I guess my only caveat would be if Max, Dimi, Skipp, and McLean can play, so it is only 1 out of position player then Sorensen may should be given the opportunity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Of Retsina ?

In the right context (generally a Greek holiday), I love a glass or three of retsina. 

Somehow it’s never quite the same on a cold February night in the UK though.

Rather see Sorenson or Tettey there. Can't see Xavi being much use as a CB, given what we saw of him at LB

All we want now is an injury to Skipp and midfield will be decimated too. 

Points on the board though and we should be able to limp through this, no excuses.

Unfortunate for Zimbo as his opportunities will be severely limited next season as well.

Can we recall Akin Famewo back from Charlton? Obviously too late for Preston but could be good for the run in. I've had CAFC mate raving about him and barring 1 mistake last week has been immense for them. 

25 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Can we recall Akin Famewo back from Charlton? Obviously too late for Preston but could be good for the run in. I've had CAFC mate raving about him and barring 1 mistake last week has been immense for them. 

no more than Spurs can recall Skipp

loans are for a fixed period, unless both clubs agree on a return (I believe)

otherwise we'll be fine - as cpl panties says, we have the points on the board and I cannot see us not picking up at least a couple of wins over the next 8 games

and after all, remember how bad injuries hit us before Xmas, and we got through that period ok

1 hour ago, spencer 1970 said:

Thought I read we could recall Famewo or Klose but Farke said that we wont and go with what weve got instead.

17 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Like I said, I love the bloke one of my favourite players of recent times, but he's an absolute disaster at CB 😂

Based on what, a few games last year in the best league in the world alongside an inexperienced partner? Would be a completely different kettle of fish beside Hanley against Championship opposition. He’d be my choice but DF knows far better than me, you and anyone else on here so whoever he picks will be the right man for the job. 

Edited by Gordon Bennett