Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Brilliant. And there we were worrying about those players who'd actually been playing for their countries! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Brilliant. And there we were worrying about those players who'd actually been playing for their countries! 

We still are. If Hanley is knackered we’ve got a tettey / sorrenson partnership! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping he'll play Sorenson, Tettey is a liability in central defence.

We're somewhat lucky its taken this long for going with three known centralcdefenders to bite us on the ****.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Later than expected, but those who were deeply concerned about going into the season with only three centre backs may have been proved right. Hopefully the lead we have built is already enough for this not to bite us and we can get through the final eight games with a youngster and/or a makeshift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, king canary said:

Hoping he'll play Sorenson, Tettey is a liability in central defence.

We're somewhat lucky its taken this long for going with three known centralcdefenders to bite us on the ****.

Great* minds and all that!

*Minds might not actually be great.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much news eh Daniel bit of a bombshell there puts automatic in question.  Its the second season the CB issue could severely impact the season.  Cannot see how we could realistically look forward to the play offs with a third string CB partnership.  If promoted can be achieved likely given point distance to third place will need 2 CB's for PL Zimm now can be regarded as a sicknote and is not reliable.  Gibbo may not be ready for Pl if needed.  Omo must be in line for extended run good luck to the lad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH we have lacked good defensive cover for some time. Not many of out CB options would be classed as good for the prem. Its an area we have failed to addressed permanently for a while. Wouldnt be surprised to see an upset tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Whatever, we will overcome it. Its not good news but as Tony Soprano would say "what can you do"

I would say to Tony, buy some better CB options to compete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily Mail saying Burnley are targeting Dale Fry for around £10 million this summer, thought he looked good against us this season. Think he would be a good signing for us at that price, we need to have three first choice CBs and a couple of decent back ups, as we found out last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Later than expected, but those who were deeply concerned about going into the season with only three centre backs may have been proved right. Hopefully the lead we have built is already enough for this not to bite us and we can get through the final eight games with a youngster and/or a makeshift.

Let's not rush, they've been proven wrong for 85% of the season and there's every chance our results won't suffer for the remaining 15%

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit surprised we’ve told Preston we’re down to one centre half the day before a game, might have been better to have kept it quiet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Bit surprised we’ve told Preston we’re down to one centre half the day before a game, might have been better to have kept it quiet

Doesnt that happen following every press conference? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Bit surprised we’ve told Preston we’re down to one centre half the day before a game, might have been better to have kept it quiet

I suspect a long ball or three ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Where did the other thread go ? 

I would assume it was deleted by a mod as some people acted very childish and immature and thus derailed the thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I would assume it was deleted by a mod as some people acted very childish and immature and thus derailed the thread

Id assumed the same. 

Hopefully they have learnt! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I would assume it was deleted by a mod as some people acted very childish and immature and thus derailed the thread

I preferred it to this one.  I'm a Cambridgeo  three square topics a day  fan. 

Keep it up CCO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Id assumed the same. 

Hopefully they have learnt! 

Ahem! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ahem! 

Funny how they are quiet now too! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 CBs for one of the most rushed, gruelling seasons in Championship history was never going to be enough. Annoyed that it's happened now, but entirely predictable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly he's done his dash here. These last 8 games were his final chance to prove he may still be useful. It is unfortunate he has picked up this injury but really he has got to be moved on in the summer and at least two high grade cbs bought in for the PL. Yes we will be playing PL next season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...