Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Quintilla

Could the reason we gave up on this fella so quickly be the realisation that the new work permit rules would actually render it impossible for us to make him permanent? 

A fresh application needs to be made, and he would fail.

I felt it was harsh to bomb him out and thought he looked like he had potential, but may explain why we brought in a current Greek international in January as an alternative? 

Really unlucky for the chap if that is the reason?

If hes living here already and was before the 31st December he qualifies for presettlement, that means you can work here.  

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Could the reason we gave up on this fella so quickly be the realisation that the new work permit rules would actually render it impossible for us to make him permanent? 

I felt it was harsh to bomb him out and thought he looked like he had potential, but may explain why we brought in a current Greek international in January as an alternative? 

Or maybe Giannoulis was brought in because hes a much better player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The new GBE rules don’t count as he was brought in under the old regulations and already in the country. He needs to play 50% game time to trigger his option in the summer. 

They realised he wasn't good enough and don't want to trigger the obligation to buy.

As others have pointed out, the new rules do not apply to those already here.

Certainly felt very cutthroat, so difficult not to feel some sympathy for him.

But by the same token, I was critical of the nicey-nicey approach to 'new bumper contracts for all' upon promotion last time, so I can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Move Klose said:

Or maybe Giannoulis was brought in because hes a much better player.

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

I dont think this is actually that true tbh. I think Quintilla has a lot to offer.

Personally I'd be delighted if we signed them both, if they felt that McCallum wasn't going to be good enough. Although hopefully they do rate McCallum.

Just that Farke doesn't seem to rate Xavi at all. 

He did look like he needed a bit of work defensively, but the lad can definitely play and is the best corner taker I've ever seen for us! 

• Like 1

Worth mentioning that Quintilla was struggling with that hip injury as well - and Sorensen had stepped in showing a level of performance that belied his makeshift status.

Yes Sorensen did well. But I don't want him or any other players being forced to fill in an unrecognised position anymore. It just simply shouldn't be the case, with various options in place should injuries occur. Would should have adequate squad depth all over and if not recall options on loan agreements, should the issue arise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Just that Farke doesn't seem to rate Xavi at all. 

That is my general takeaway.

He was left out even when back to fitness for a makeshift midfielder and then the club clearly went out of the way to upgrade the position in Jan. 

That might be because Farke doesn't trust his ability to stay fit but I never got the impression he was sold on him.

7 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Every chance he'll play tomorrow if Sorensen gets a gig in midfield, which is what I expect will happen.

I doubt it, Dimi will play there, and if he isn't up to it Sorsensen will play. Quintilla won't play for us again - he's not even been in the squad for the past 6 games...

1 hour ago, AJ said:

I doubt it, Dimi will play there, and if he isn't up to it Sorsensen will play. Quintilla won't play for us again - he's not even been in the squad for the past 6 games...

But the person you responded to just said that Xavi will play if Sorenson gets a gig in midfield.

Should imagine it will be Tettey in midfield though, Sorenson left back?

With the injury to Zimmerman, if we dont see Quintilla tomorrow I dont think we'll ever see him in a Norwich shirt again!

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But the person you responded to just said that Xavi will play if Sorenson gets a gig in midfield.

Should imagine it will be Tettey in midfield though, Sorenson left back?

Yeah, I meant if Dimi can't play Sorensen would play there instead of midfield. Reckon we'll see Tetts either at CB or DM now

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yeah, I meant if Dimi can't play Sorensen would play there instead of midfield. Reckon we'll see Tetts either at CB or DM now

What if its Tettey at DM and Sorenson at centre back?

Reckon with Giannoulis probably sleeping as we speak, the back line tomorrow could look something like this -

Aarons, Hanley, Sorensen, Quintilla.

But that said I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Max gets the game off too, and Mumba comes in at RB.

We do have options at least so am personally not so worried.

Players should be prepared to go the extra distance for this game. They always knew the position. Perhaps we wont see too many changes other than for injuries, but look at taking off tired legs if theyre showing early in the second half. That could be quite a few players potentially, but with the sub rule we should be fine.

3 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Players should be prepared to go the extra distance for this game. They always knew the position. Perhaps we wont see too many changes other than for injuries, but look at taking off tired legs if theyre showing early in the second half. That could be quite a few players potentially, but with the sub rule we should be fine.

Why? It's not worth risking injuries to players for a game we are unlikely to be at our best in when substantially clear of 3rd place. It's going to take a substantial run of rubbish results for us to fail to be promoted, the single most likely way that happens is through injuries destroying the balance of the team.

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What if its Tettey at DM and Sorenson at centre back?

I just can't imagine a scenario where Quintilla plays. If Tetts is in midfield, Sorensen at CB then Dimi will play LB

12 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Yes Sorensen did well. But I don't want him or any other players being forced to fill in an unrecognised position anymore. It just simply shouldn't be the case, with various options in place should injuries occur. Would should have adequate squad depth all over and if not recall options on loan agreements, should the issue arise.

Just because you would like something, that doesn’t make it possible. I’d like to win big on the lottery on Saturday, but it’s highly unlikely.

If we don’t have “adequate squad depth” (and I think we probably do), then that’s because we either didn’t have the funds, or couldn’t attract a suitable player who would be prepared to potentially play second fiddle all season and never play a competitive game. And we don’t have recall options on loan agreements because the loaning club would not be interested in making a player part of their plans for the season but with the risk of having them whipped away without warning at any point. So fewer players on loan and no development of our next set of potential first team members.

20 hours ago, AJ said:

I just can't imagine a scenario where Quintilla plays. If Tetts is in midfield, Sorensen at CB then Dimi will play LB

Well he's playing! 

DF must have doubts, I thought he was a sick note but obviously not if he is playing?

Who would be tempted to get him end of season (although I think it's an obligation to buy after a certain number of games?) Think he was a couple million?

24 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

Who would be tempted to get him end of season 

Only if they don't think McCallum will make the grade.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only if they don't think McCallum will make the grade.

Ah yes, forgot about him!

Maybe see if they fancy Bali on loan next year, I'm not complaining about him (a bit light on the defensive side so far), but I think he would really benefit for a full season of playing regularly prior to max inevitably leaving!

Have to say he is having a good game. Far more positive and quicker in going forward than the Greek guy.