birchfest

Anyone a fan of Tufan?

Just seen the article on the main site linking us to him, cant say I know much about Turkish football could this be a Skipp replacement or the midfield quality that we lacked last time? 9 million sounds about right for our budget, Id expect most of our signings to be between the £5-10 million mark. What say you?

Turkish Media are worse than the English red tops for made up rumours. Ignore is the best policy here. 

I intend naming my gentleman’s sausage in tribute to the most expensive signing Norwich make during the summer window 

8 minutes ago, Bovril said:

Turkish Media are worse than the English red tops for made up rumours. Ignore is the best policy here. 

That is true however he does look like a decent player.

Rumours on him have been all over the place though- Palace then Liverpool then us.

"The player is attracting plenty of interest, according to his representative, Utku Cenikli, quoted by Fotospor."

This quote from the main page tells you all you need to know - most probably agent talk but, with the new Brexit rules, I would imagine that the Turkish leagues will be an area that we would be looking at.

43 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I intend naming my gentleman’s sausage in tribute to the most expensive signing Norwich make during the summer window 

We are rumored  to be Interested in  23 year old striker Minimalis Chipolata, his purchase would  break all previous  club transfer records.

• Haha 10

Looks to be the kind of calibre of player I would hope for us to be targeting in the summer should we get promoted. Box to box midfielder suggests to me that he would perhaps be an upgrade for McClean rather than a Skipp replacement? 

Turkish media also suggests Leicester to be after Attila Szalai, a Fenerbahce central defender. Aforesaid Turkish media suggests a 25 million euro asking price, which might be rubbish, TM rates him at 3,7m euros, which might be closer to reality. Nonetheless, I saw the chap a couple of times playing for Hungary (along with Willy Orban, Leipzig) and he's pretty goodhe - made the position his in a few months.  At 23 he's good age, spent his youth career in Austria at Rapid Vienna's academy, must be fluent in German, so language-wise he could quickly fit into our dressing room. If we're really after Tufan, we could take a look at him too.

https://www.ensonhaber.com/kralspor/transfer-dosyasi/leicester-city-attila-szalaiyi-gundemine-aldi

59 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

We are supposed to be fighting Tufan nail to get him

There's no single emoji available to express my feelings to that joke. 🥴🤢😡😀

Edited by Herman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Here's hoping we don't sign a player called Maggot then UF 😆

I follow fenerbahce vaguely as when I lived in Turkey, I adopted them as my Turkish team.

Tufan had a huge reputation as a kid but hasn't really hit the heights.

Definitely more of a Kenny or even Mario type than a skipp type. Good on the ball and carries it well, wouldn't say he's particularly strong defensively. More a playmaker than a stopper.

Edited by kick it off

32 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I follow fenerbahce vaguely as when I lived in Turkey, I adopted them as my Turkish team.

Tufan had a huge reputation as a kid but hasn't really hit the heights.

Definitely more of a Kenny or even Mario type than a skipp type. Good on the ball and carries it well, wouldn't say he's particularly strong defensively. More a playmaker than a stopper.

Well we will probably have three centre mids to replace next season..... Skipp, Tettey, and Vrancic. Up to 5 if you count Trybull and Leitner.

So I can envisage 2 or 3 arriving. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I don't think there is a player named centimetre.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

11. Nortei Nortey

Pronounced 'naughaty naughtay', he is a talented Ghanian defender, plagued by injuries who was part of the Chelsea Academy and is currently looking for a new club.

Or of course we could resign Ricky Van Wolfswinkle

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Another nonsense story. Not happening. 

What.? Bryan Small hasn't and never will retire?

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

We are rumored  to be Interested in  23 year old striker Minimalis Chipolata, his purchase would  break all previous  club transfer records.

Beat me to it Corkio. I was going to suggest Tiny Wiener. 

Fred - you do realise you have probably generated a frenzy of searching for amusingly named footballers now?

• Haha 1

Am a bit dubious about spending £9m on a player with no PL experience. If it was for a loan spell I’d be a bit happier. I don’t know anything about his career history though - is it similar to Giannoulis’?

Edited by HazzaJet

7 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Leaves us with Rupp, Sorensen and McLean. Will need 2 more.

This is exactly how I see it.

Tettey and Vrancic wouldn't be up to Premier League standard and we shouldn't give them contracts purely out of sentiment, and Skipp will probably not return. Rupp and McLean are decent squad players at Premier League level but I'm not sure if they're regular starters and Sorensen is untested in midfield thus far, so I think we need two quality midfielders and a centre back as priorities.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This is exactly how I see it.

Tettey and Vrancic wouldn't be up to Premier League standard and we shouldn't give them contracts purely out of sentiment, and Skipp will probably not return. Rupp and McLean are decent squad players at Premier League level but I'm not sure if they're regular starters and Sorensen is untested in midfield thus far, so I think we need two quality midfielders and a centre back as priorities.

Webber and Farke said they were astonished that no one came in for Kenny last summer. They see him as a Premier League player

19 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I hear we are interested in Franz “Tiny”Weiner - Swiss international . 
Edit - see this gag has already been told . Apologies . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

I'm not saying it isn't fact and not particularly picking on this case, but why is it that every player we seem to be reportedly interested in always has a string of other clubs also interested? A 'big boy' is usually thrown in as well. 

Agent talk? Paper talk? Fake news? Silly season?

It certainly has the effect of exciting the supporter's interest at least. It has the effect also of making us grateful that we have overcome all opposition should we acquire such a "gem."

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Webber and Farke said they were astonished that no one came in for Kenny last summer. They see him as a Premier League player

I'm not saying he isn't a Premier League player, but I just don't think he's quite good enough to be a starter in our 'best XI'. Like Rupp, he's very good in the Championship but I just feel they're a little bit limited by Premier League standards, as they showed last season, so for me they'd both be squad players next season*.

47 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I'm not saying it isn't fact and not particularly picking on this case, but why is it that every player we seem to be reportedly interested in always has a string of other clubs also interested? A 'big boy' is usually thrown in as well. 

Agent talk? Paper talk? Fake news? Silly season?

It certainly has the effect of exciting the supporter's interest at least. It has the effect also of making us grateful that we have overcome all opposition should we acquire such a "gem."

My guess is the agent talk. I'd take all these links with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm not saying he isn't a Premier League player, but I just don't think he's quite good enough to be a starter in our 'best XI'. Like Rupp, he's very good in the Championship but I just feel they're a little bit limited by Premier League standards, as they showed last season, so for me they'd both be squad players next season*.

Agree although I do wonder would McLean have been better with a better defensive midfielder next to him. It sounds harsh but the more I look back on last season the more I see Tettey and the failure to improve that position as the biggest weak link.

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

Agree although I do wonder would McLean have been better with a better defensive midfielder next to him. It sounds harsh but the more I look back on last season the more I see Tettey and the failure to improve that position as the biggest weak link.

Spot on I'm afraid. We need two extremely athletic players in front of the back 4 who don't give the ball away. Last season our back 4 was constantly under pressure because the players in front of them gave the ball away in our half. You get away with it in the Championship but the best defence in the Premier League wiould have struggled with us last season.

12 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

Am a bit dubious about spending £9m on a player with no PL experience. If it was for a loan spell I’d be a bit happier. I don’t know anything about his career history though - is it similar to Giannoulis’?

I think you'll struggle to get many players in the right age range with Premier League experience for £9m. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think you'll struggle to get many players in the right age range with Premier League experience for £9m. 

You can say that again - Ollie Watkins £28 million, Matty Cash £17 million etc, etc.