Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Preston On IFollow Will Cost A Tenner.

This wasn’t unexpected - counts as a weekend away game, but the way the info was set out at the start of the season was anything but clear 

Edited by Branston Pickle

6 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

No

Ah, I assumed it was with it being a Friday 

I’m not paying a tenner for ifollow’s awful coverage, it’s not on Red Buttin so it’s Sky Sports News for all the goals as they go in, not too bad.

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Its a 'weekend fixture' evidently, on a Friday - Who knew!? 

I used to be a Civil Servant so I've already got the hang of it.

11 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

I’m not paying a tenner for ifollow’s awful coverage, it’s not on Red Buttin so it’s Sky Sports News for all the goals as they go in, not too bad.

I take it you’re referring to iFollow’s technological challenges, rather than their presentation? As it ****es all over the red button which is one apparently poor quality camera (granted that could be partly because some grounds seem to have lashed a few electric torches together to use as floodlights) and when we’re away, a commentator who seems to know as much about the opposition as my cat.

Edited by Nuff Said

6 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I take it you’re referring to iFollow’s technological challenges, rather than their presentation? As it ****es all over the red button which is one apparently poor quality camera (granted that could be partly because some grounds seem to have lashed a few electric torches together to use as floodlights) and when we’re away, a commentator who seems to know as much about the opposition as my cat.

Yeah I agree. Assuming it actually works, iFollow coverage is loads better than the red button.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

Yeah I agree. Assuming it actually works, iFollow coverage is loads better than the red button.

Higher quality picture and that nice little logo in the top right hand corner.

18 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Is it free via VPN😁

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Higher quality picture and that nice little logo in the top right hand corner.

Careful VW, the forum police will be after you. 

14 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Its a 'weekend fixture' evidently, on a Friday - Who knew!? 

12.50pm is in the morning, who knew?

Sorry, off topic, but this still annoys me.

Once stayed off work and sat in all morning, as agreed, for a maintenance appointment – left for work then later got a message to say the engineer couldn’t gain access. I phoned that it was agreed that it would be in the morning – call centre said “Well the engineer got there at 12.50”. But that’s not the morning, yes it is, no, pm is afternoon that’s what the pm means, I’ll check with my supervisor, sorry sir my supervisor says 12.50pm is in the morning.

I went elsewhere and got the job done the next morning.

1 minute ago, crispeduk said:

12.50pm is in the morning, who knew?

Sorry, off topic, but this still annoys me.

Once stayed off work and sat in all morning, as agreed, for a maintenance appointment – left for work then later got a message to say the engineer couldn’t gain access. I phoned that it was agreed that it would be in the morning – call centre said “Well the engineer got there at 12.50”. But that’s not the morning, yes it is, no, pm is afternoon that’s what the pm means, I’ll check with my supervisor, sorry sir my supervisor says 12.50pm is in the morning.

I went elsewhere and got the job done the next morning.

Hate that too - unfortunately sometimes things can run a little late, but a courtesy call is all it takes. 

i had a strange one with BT a while ago - engineer booked to visit house, never turned up. I called to chase, and they said he managed to fix the fault without having to enter the property. However as he missed the arranged appointment I got a standard compensation payment from them. Cant remember the figure, but was a nice gesture. 

14 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Sky Sports red button is a thousand times worse than ifollow. They only have one camera for a start.

Honestly don't know what people expect. We're, mostly, getting free coverage with decent enough commentators for the most part. It has replays and various angles... Why must some just moan about everything?! No idea. 

I'll be watching. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yep, I agree with this 100%
Red button is poor in comparisson with no replays and just one camera angle for a start.
The home teams commentary on away games can be pretty dire but it won't last much longer once the restrictions lift.
Last away game I switched between Sky red button and iFollow and it took no more than 15mins for me to decide to stick with iFollows coverage, including the commentary in some wierd accent.
All said I think it's come on in leaps and bounds this year, much to their credit.

Unfortunately I don't have a cat to ask for his opinion.

• Like 1

My only criticism of ifollow, given that I haven't suffered any connection problems at all, is that they often miss action by showing a replay, or by holding the camera on off-field people. Whoever is directing is clearly learning on the job.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

IFollow bugs me because it’s behind real-time,

Mine buffers from time to time, and thus causes a little delay - but a quick slide of of the 'progress bar' on the bottom of the screen bring it back to date. 

It does vary from device to device though, laptop buffers more than tablet. 

39 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

You want to try watching on a strea...

I mean, yes, it's terrible.

If you think about the amount of communications infrastructure in between the camera at the ground and you though, it's hardly surprising. It's not using dedicated equipment designed solely for broadcasting and being sent over the airwaves, but sharing lots of fibre and possibly copper cabling, routers, switches etc on its journey , and probably being sent on a circuitous route halfway round the country. Plus it's being displayed on who knows what device at the final destination. For someone who grew up loading programs from a cassette player onto a Sinclair Spectrum (which could take 10 minutes in itself), it is still kind of miraculous.

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

You want to try watching on a strea...

I mean, yes, it's terrible.

you've  done it now! 

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Careful VW, the forum police will be after you. 

He will be along once he has finished stacking the shelves.

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Mine doesn’t seem to be, no more behind than sky coverage and the pic is way way better than sky red button. I think it’s great value for a tenner.