Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

FA Cup Semi Final sees small return of fans

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

As Glenn Roeder once noted football is largely only watched by white guys. What a magnificent idea by Boris when we have been denied our pleasure all year to open a stadium to locals in an area where the local BAME population ratio to white British is 15:1?

I look forward to him applying the same principles to his favourite sport, grouse shooting.

I take it you are saying that as a condition of allowing a trial to take place the Govt are dictating who is to receive these 8,000 tickets ?

Sorry but i am of the opinion the distribution of the tickets is the responsibility of the FA not Boris.

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I take it you are saying that as a condition of allowing a trial to take place the Govt are dictating who is to receive these 8,000 tickets ?

Sorry but i am of the opinion the distribution of the tickets is the responsibility of the FA not Boris.

I guess the FA is quite capable of being daft but it is hard to believe that it isn't the Government or the scientists who are behind the keep it local initiative. In some ways the reasoning is clear but why not do it in a football hotbed which Wembley clearly isn't.

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I guess the FA is quite capable of being daft but it is hard to believe that it isn't the Government or the scientists who are behind the keep it local initiative. In some ways the reasoning is clear but why not do it in a football hotbed which Wembley clearly isn't.

I wouldn't call keeping it local by allowing fans from Manchester City albeit a token number to attend.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I wouldn't call keeping it local by allowing fans from Manchester City albeit a token number to attend.

Given their " success" the last few years,  I would  have thought  you'd find quite a few man City " supporters", just about anywhere. In fact I reckon , if they limited the tickets to u16s, they could probably  fill their allocation in the Wembley  area.😇👍😉