Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Aarons to Everton - According to Fabrizio Romano on twitter

46 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

@TIL 1010 I already know your reply! 🙄 

An Italian Twatter merchant who upon initial reseach looks to chuck rumours around in all directions across Europe.

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

giphy.gif?cid=549b592d5cef0b513031506c59

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

An Italian Twatter merchant who upon initial reseach looks to chuck rumours around in all directions across Europe.

Taken to Wiki

Romano was born in Naples, Italy on 21 February 1993.[3] His football transfer journalist career began when he was 18, after he received inside information from an Italian agent at Barcelona.[4] Since joining Sky Sport Italy at age 19, he has created and built contacts with clubs, agents, and intermediaries all over Europe.[5] Romano also works as a reporter for The Guardian, and has several millions of followers on social media, notably on Twitter and Instagram.[5] He is based in Milan.[1]

Romano is known for his famous tagline "here we go", which he uses when announcing a new transfer deal.[5] According to 90min, he is one of the "most trusted" transfer-related pundits in the football business.[1] Fabrizio also writes for CBS Sports, and is the founder of SOS Fanta, a fantasy football website that he created in 2014.[6]

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Taken to Wiki

Romano was born in Naples, Italy on 21 February 1993.[3] His football transfer journalist career began when he was 18, after he received inside information from an Italian agent at Barcelona.[4] Since joining Sky Sport Italy at age 19, he has created and built contacts with clubs, agents, and intermediaries all over Europe.[5] Romano also works as a reporter for The Guardian, and has several millions of followers on social media, notably on Twitter and Instagram.[5] He is based in Milan.[1]

Romano is known for his famous tagline "here we go", which he uses when announcing a new transfer deal.[5] According to 90min, he is one of the "most trusted" transfer-related pundits in the football business.[1] Fabrizio also writes for CBS Sports, and is the founder of SOS Fanta, a fantasy football website that he created in 2014.[6]

My son (a Norwich fan) also follows Everton as his second club and knows of this fella. He says he usually gets stuff right. Max would be loved every bit as much as Ben Godfrey is by Everton fans. So this will be an interesting one to watch. Thanks for posting.

We did state didn't we that we had fixed our price? It could be close to £35m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Taken to Wiki

He definitely wrote that wikipedia entry himself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He definitely wrote that wikipedia entry himself. 

'Cambridgeshire Canary is known for his great threads, which everyone agrees are the best. Since joining the Pink'Un Forums he's gained worldwide fame for his wide knowledge of all things football. He holds degrees in post theory and thread analytics. According to the many women he has dated he is great in the sack and packs one massive shlong'

Wow, thanks Wikipedia you are kind

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Cambridgeshire Canary is known for his great threads, which everyone agrees are the best. Since joining the Pink'Un Forums he's gained worldwide fame for his wide knowledge of all things football. He holds degrees in post theory and thread analytics. According to the many women he has dated he is great in the sack and packs one massive shlong'

Is this ***** Official ***** or *** Unofficial ***  ?

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

This guy on Twitter seems to be the only one to be on the ball.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Cambridgeshire Canary is known for his great threads, which everyone agrees are the best. Since joining the Pink'Un Forums he's gained worldwide fame for his wide knowledge of all things football. He holds degrees in post theory and thread analytics. According to the many women he has dated he is great in the sack and is one massive shlong'

Wow, thanks Wikipedia you are kind

amended as required

They'll only need to get Lewis from Newcastle and Zimmermann for a few quid and then they too can  let 75 goals a season in.......I'm joking, I'm joking.....

• Haha 3

Everton wouldn't be a bad club for Max, but I personally think he could hold out for a move a bit higher up the chain. Another good season in the Prem with us next year and I'm sure the big dogs will come knocking. 

Oh, also Aston Villa are apparently in for him too. No chance sorry!

15 minutes ago, AJ said:

Everton wouldn't be a bad club for Max, but I personally think he could hold out for a move a bit higher up the chain. Another good season in the Prem with us next year and I'm sure the big dogs will come knocking. 

Looking at one of the Everton fans' forums (this predates Godfrey - I signed on a few years back to discuss a Ken Loach drama-documentary about their club...) there is a consensus that they need a new right-back, so there is a good chance he would get to play. And Ancelotti is a good coach. I can see it being a good move (although the tweat from the journalist is hardly definitive). But my suspicion still is he will go abroad.

Edited by PurpleCanary

34 minutes ago, AJ said:

Everton are basically as high up the food chain you can go without moving to a top 6 team.

Man U seem set with Wan Bissaka

Man City now have Cancelo

Spurs would depend if Mourinho stays- I don't think Aarons is his type of player

Liverpool have TAA

Chelsea have Reece James

Leicester have Pereria 

So most of the top 6 aren't going to be looking for a right back. If he stays in England Everton would be a pretty good landing spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

£60 million then!

Everton would be the perfect destination right now for Aarons if he did leave. It's the best balance between size of club and game time, as Everton need a long-term replacement for Coleman so he would play, and with the ambitious owners, top class coach and a new stadium on the way, Everton could be a club capable of being a top six regular in the coming years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hucks6 said:

Got to remember guys Max and Ben are best of mates say no more. 

This is true and works on various levels . Godfrey would support Max’ data by saying he is a good trainer and a disciplined lad . Rio Ferdinhand got in behind Godfrey and it wouldn’t surprise to see him support/represent  Max too . 
The fans would welcome another player from the same stable as Godfrey . 
Reckon if he leaves this has legs . 

4 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Hoped being promoted we would have kept our best players.... Oh well silly me...

I suspect that we have long ago agreed with Aarons, Cantwell and Buendia that if we get an acceptable bid they can go, whatever league we are in at the time. Lots of rumours about how high the figures are, but of the three I think it is Aarons who is the most likely to move.

I think we'd all probably agree that a move to Everton would be a good one for Aarons.

He has shown an incredible amount of loyalty and commitment to the club so PROVIDED we get the expected sum off them I'd think we would agree to the move. I'd much rather that then he goes to a lower premier league team where he wont have the chance to continuing to develop into the world class player he can be.

From recent comments I'm sure we have given him assurances on this and I would be surprised if there isnt some kind of informal agreement with Everton that we will give them the chance to match the best bid we receive in the summer.

Edited by rock bus

5 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Hoped being promoted we would have kept our best players.... Oh well silly me...

Not actually a problem to lose your best players, it's a problem if you fail to use the money gained wisely. Two of the most talented players to come through Norwich in my life time are Ben Godfrey and Maddison, most of us would resell them in a heart beat if allowed to travel back in time. 

Webber has used funds from big sales of star players to progressively build more balanced sides, this will be the strategy again.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

I wonder if there is any connection between this rumour and those about Josh King?

Josh King is out of contract in the summer so doubtful. Apologies if this has already been pointed out I havent read full thread