Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Pukki scores 88th minute

brought down and scores penalty

finishes 1-1 v Ukraine away

Edited by paul moy
  • Like 1

Really massive pressing from Pukki, stealing ball from defender who had to take him down for red and penalty! He is just ridiculously good!

• Like 1

He’s had two good games and should return full of confidence. We just need him rested for Wednesday’s friendly now and it couldn’t turn out much better.

Pukki's comment in post-match interview "I pressed a bit and I don't know what he was doing offering the ball to me on the plate. Bit bad defending". Was not that happy to team or his own performance today otherwise.

One goal nearer Jari Litmanen’s 32 goal record for Finland. 
Teemu is going to surpass that easily and set a new best . When he hangs up his boots, the Teemu Pukki goal record  will stand for a very , very long time I would suggest . 💛💚🇫🇮

• Like 2

Yes and he may feel he wants to do it in Wednesdays friendly, perhaps Daniel can give him a ring to plead.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hopefully they'll send him back now as they only have a friendly on wednesday   (wishful thinking)

There are quite many injuries in team, so I think that will not happen. However,  I expect him to not start as Forss has not played single minute on these two matches, so I'd expect Forss to get start. And Pukki and Forss seem bit too similar players to be both starting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pockthorpe said:

One goal nearer Jari Litmanen’s 32 goal record for Finland. 
Teemu is going to surpass that easily and set a new best . When he hangs up his boots, the Teemu Pukki goal record  will stand for a very , very long time I would suggest . 💛💚🇫🇮

Jari Litmanen played until he was 40 as well... was still playing International football at 39.... still playing at a high level in club football until 35.

Lets hope Pukki has a bit of that in his genes and is still banging them in at 34 like Vardy, if he does he could well threaten the upper echelons of the Norwich all time scorer list too. 

• Like 1