Great call from Noel Whelan who says King will end up at Norwich. He’d be a far better alternative striker to Pukki and on a free as well. 

10 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Great call from Noel Whelan who says King will end up at Norwich. He’d be a far better alternative striker to Pukki and on a free as well. 

call ?

has he phoned you ?

• Haha 1

No goals in the league this season so far-out of form, not bothered, or past his best? I think his wages would be too high to take a gamble on him.

17 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

No goals in the league this season so far-out of form, not bothered, or past his best? I think his wages would be too high to take a gamble on him.

Agree.

He's an interest one as clearly talented but really seems to hit an all time low.

'He’d be a far better alternative striker to Pukki'

Ah yes, with his wonderful record of 0 goals this season. But don't worry, I'm sure we will be willing to pay him more than the almost 50 grand a week he's currently on to get him.

34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'He’d be a far better alternative striker to Pukki'

Ah yes, with his wonderful record of 0 goals this season. But don't worry, I'm sure we will be willing to pay him more than the almost 50 grand a week he's currently on to get him.

To be fair he’s been playing second fiddle to Dominic Calvert Lewin and has hardly got any minutes. Has he actually started any games? If so it’ll only be one or two. 

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

He's better than Hugill and Idah, and Farke seems to get the best out of our players. So you don't like this link Angry. What would your assessment have been when we were first linked with Pukki. Very few of us had heard of him or rated him

You know what, if we could get him in on loan for a season, it frees up Idah for a loan himself and he needs regular games. He would certainly give us proven Premiership class with a passing team, but those days may be behind him - this could be the chance to show he's not faded yet. Not only that, it would give Pukki a bit more of a breather as no doubt he's going to get every Finland competitive match going as their talismanic striker.

Could be a very canny loan move.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You know what, if we could get him in on loan for a season, it frees up Idah for a loan himself and he needs regular games. He would certainly give us proven Premiership class with a passing team, but those days may be behind him - this could be the chance to show he's not faded yet. Not only that, it would give Pukki a bit more of a breather as no doubt he's going to get every Finland competitive match going as their talismanic striker.

Could be a very canny loan move.

He’s out of contract at the end of the season.

I think Everton do have an option on extending his contract, but he’d otherwise be on a free.  Having been in the PL with Bmuff for the last five years he obviously knows what playing in the lower half of the PL is all about and a record of 48 goals in 170-odd games is definitely not too bad for that level (clearly it would be a lot better if he’d been playing in the Champs).,

Edited by Branston Pickle

Whilst Josh King may or may not be a success here, I hope that we can find a similar type of player who can play anywhere across the front line.

Pukki, Emi and Todd are all good enough to start for us in the PL but we don't have much in terms of quality backup who we can rely on if they get injured.

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

He's better than Hugill and Idah, and Farke seems to get the best out of our players. So you don't like this link Angry. What would your assessment have been when we were first linked with Pukki. Very few of us had heard of him or rated him

Yes, Teemu was unknown, King isn’t. As I said, for some reason his form has gone downhill and his reported wages are double what Hugill is on. It would be a big risk.

10 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Yes, Teemu was unknown, King isn’t. As I said, for some reason his form has gone downhill and his reported wages are double what Hugill is on. It would be a big risk.

The reason is relatively obvious- Everton play one upfront and Dominic Calvert Lewin has 14 goals in 25 games, no great surprise that King has been reduced to a bit part role in that context.

He's got a solid track record, is capable of playing out wide as well as through the middle and also adds some much needed pace into the squad. 

Every signing is a risk- I'd say King is likely less of a risk than Drmic was.

• Like 1

For free and at a reduced wage it would be a decent enough signing, knowing we’re not going to be splashing out 20 odd million + for the likes of Toney!

We have to look at best options on a budget, this one isn’t too big a risk, but I doubt we’ll get him as wages will be high.

If he's on a free I'd say he's exactly our type of signing. A big signing on fee to make up for the lowish wage. I think he'd be a great addition to the squad.

16 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

If he's on a free I'd say he's exactly our type of signing. A big signing on fee to make up for the lowish wage. I think he'd be a great addition to the squad.

Also if we get relegated he’d be ideal along with Pukki to fire us back up. 

2 hours ago, king canary said:

The reason is relatively obvious- Everton play one upfront and Dominic Calvert Lewin has 14 goals in 25 games, no great surprise that King has been reduced to a bit part role in that context.

He's got a solid track record, is capable of playing out wide as well as through the middle and also adds some much needed pace into the squad. 

Every signing is a risk- I'd say King is likely less of a risk than Drmic was.

I’m more concerned about his failure to score this season at Bournemouth-plus the fact that he was left out of their squad when fit, reportedly asking for wages Far in excess of the £45k per week he was supposed to be on at Bournemouth-seems to me that he possibly has an attitude problem and therefore it’s a no from me.

You do realise he is currently at Everton, in a higher division than Bmuff?  I guess some players are simply more suited to different leagues  (remember Rondon and Gayle being ‘swapped’ a few seasons ago). Also think of Oliviera - he wasn’t left out on ability.

On 28/03/2021 at 15:41, dylanisabaddog said:

God I must be getting old. I haven't got the faintest idea who he is 😂

Google is our friend dylan 🙂 

Good shout- he can also play wide attacking positions. Salary may be the sticking point.