Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Great call from Noel Whelan who says King will end up at Norwich. He’d be a far better alternative striker to Pukki and on a free as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

Great call from Noel Whelan who says King will end up at Norwich. He’d be a far better alternative striker to Pukki and on a free as well. 

call ?

has he phoned you ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No goals in the league this season so far-out of form, not bothered, or past his best? I think his wages would be too high to take a gamble on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

No goals in the league this season so far-out of form, not bothered, or past his best? I think his wages would be too high to take a gamble on him.

Agree.

He's an interest one as clearly talented but really seems to hit an all time low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'He’d be a far better alternative striker to Pukki'

 

Ah yes, with his wonderful record of 0 goals this season. But don't worry, I'm sure we will be willing to pay him more than the almost 50 grand a week he's currently on to get him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'He’d be a far better alternative striker to Pukki'

 

Ah yes, with his wonderful record of 0 goals this season. But don't worry, I'm sure we will be willing to pay him more than the almost 50 grand a week he's currently on to get him.

To be fair he’s been playing second fiddle to Dominic Calvert Lewin and has hardly got any minutes. Has he actually started any games? If so it’ll only be one or two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

No goals in the league this season so far-out of form, not bothered, or past his best? I think his wages would be too high to take a gamble on him.

He's better than Hugill and Idah, and Farke seems to get the best out of our players. So you don't like this link Angry. What would your assessment have been when we were first linked with Pukki. Very few of us had heard of him or rated him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what, if we could get him in on loan for a season, it frees up Idah for a loan himself and he needs regular games. He would certainly give us proven Premiership class with a passing team, but those days may be behind him - this could be the chance to show he's not faded yet. Not only that, it would give Pukki a bit more of a breather as no doubt he's going to get every Finland competitive match going as their talismanic striker.

Could be a very canny loan move.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

You know what, if we could get him in on loan for a season, it frees up Idah for a loan himself and he needs regular games. He would certainly give us proven Premiership class with a passing team, but those days may be behind him - this could be the chance to show he's not faded yet. Not only that, it would give Pukki a bit more of a breather as no doubt he's going to get every Finland competitive match going as their talismanic striker.

Could be a very canny loan move.

He’s out of contract at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think Everton do have an option on extending his contract, but he’d otherwise be on a free.  Having been in the PL with Bmuff for the last five years he obviously knows what playing in the lower half of the PL is all about and a record of 48 goals in 170-odd games is definitely not too bad for that level (clearly it would be a lot better if he’d been playing in the Champs).,

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst Josh King may or may not be a success here, I hope that we can find a similar type of player who can play anywhere across the front line.

Pukki, Emi and Todd are all good enough to start for us in the PL but we don't have much in terms of quality backup who we can rely on if they get injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

He's better than Hugill and Idah, and Farke seems to get the best out of our players. So you don't like this link Angry. What would your assessment have been when we were first linked with Pukki. Very few of us had heard of him or rated him

Yes, Teemu was unknown, King isn’t. As I said, for some reason his form has gone downhill and his reported wages are double what Hugill is on. It would be a big risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A huge risk in both form and wages and i don't think we will be going in for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Yes, Teemu was unknown, King isn’t. As I said, for some reason his form has gone downhill and his reported wages are double what Hugill is on. It would be a big risk.

The reason is relatively obvious- Everton play one upfront and Dominic Calvert Lewin has 14 goals in 25 games, no great surprise that King has been reduced to a bit part role in that context.

He's got a solid track record, is capable of playing out wide as well as through the middle and also adds some much needed pace into the squad. 

Every signing is a risk- I'd say King is likely less of a risk than Drmic was.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For free and at a reduced wage it would be a decent enough signing, knowing we’re not going to be splashing out 20 odd million + for the likes of Toney!

We have to look at best options on a budget, this one isn’t too big a risk, but I doubt we’ll get him as wages will be high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's on a free I'd say he's exactly our type of signing. A big signing on fee to make up for the lowish wage. I think he'd be a great addition to the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

If he's on a free I'd say he's exactly our type of signing. A big signing on fee to make up for the lowish wage. I think he'd be a great addition to the squad.

Also if we get relegated he’d be ideal along with Pukki to fire us back up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, king canary said:

The reason is relatively obvious- Everton play one upfront and Dominic Calvert Lewin has 14 goals in 25 games, no great surprise that King has been reduced to a bit part role in that context.

He's got a solid track record, is capable of playing out wide as well as through the middle and also adds some much needed pace into the squad. 

Every signing is a risk- I'd say King is likely less of a risk than Drmic was.

I’m more concerned about his failure to score this season at Bournemouth-plus the fact that he was left out of their squad when fit, reportedly asking for wages Far in excess of the £45k per week he was supposed to be on at Bournemouth-seems to me that he possibly has an attitude problem and therefore it’s a no from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You do realise he is currently at Everton, in a higher division than Bmuff?  I guess some players are simply more suited to different leagues  (remember Rondon and Gayle being ‘swapped’ a few seasons ago). Also think of Oliviera - he wasn’t left out on ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2021 at 15:41, dylanisabaddog said:

God I must be getting old. I haven't got the faintest idea who he is 😂

Google is our friend dylan 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good shout- he can also play wide attacking positions. Salary may be the sticking point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...