TIL 1010

Cook Struggling To Win Over The Fans.

Hard to imagine any organisation, let alone a football club , that builds success on previous achievements over 40 years ago. 

A guy I had dealings with was an ITFC fan and involved in the campaign to have stars put in their shirts . I asked him why they were doing it and he said “to stick one up to Norwich” . 

Sort of makes sense . There isn’t any other reason to do it . Hardly any other teams adopt this practice - it’s irrelevant to any player these days . Except of course Cap’n Fistpump who could have a star for every win he has achieved against NCFC. 

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Hard to imagine any organisation, let alone a football club , that builds success on previous achievements over 40 years ago

A guy I had dealings with was an ITFC fan and involved in the campaign to have stars put in their shirts . I asked him why they were doing it and he said “to stick one up to Norwich” . 

Sort of makes sense . There isn’t any other reason to do it . Hardly any other teams adopt this practice - it’s irrelevant to any player these days . Except of course Cap’n Fistpump who could have a star for every win he has achieved against NCFC. 

ROFL............Ah,their glorious history etc..............and yet they lambasted Lambert for reminding all and sundry that he'd been at some BIG clubs.

Talk about pot,kettle and black ....or should that be tinpot,kettle and black 🤣

Edited by C.I.D

What Lambert was actually doing was qualifying his thoughts on how badly Ipswich were being run

Comments that suggest the footballing side of things are not as they are at successful clubs i e separate entities between youth and senior squads at poorman road.

As to their failings, they still seem to be able to delude themselves that the past four decades have somehow been an 'aberration'. That somehow one decade of success is the norm, whereas in fact the last four decades, and almost all of what went before the 70's, is their norm.

Takeaway their stadium (on rented ground) which they have not paid for and what else is there left of the club ? A rented training ground, and an assortment of L1 standard players, most of whom are out of contract in a few months

What else is there ?

One attribute of DF is that he doesn't moan. 

Unsuccessful managers tend to look for blame.

Last season, DF was hung out to dry by the board in terms of having much chance of staying up. But no complaints from him. Yet managers in the Prem moan that they need more money despite having spent £100M.

Lambert knew the situation at Ipswich before he took the job. In that situation, he needed to rely on his own ability. But he hasn't got any left so failure wasn't apparently down to him but Evans, supporters, Corbyn, us, Meghan and Covid. A moaner.

• Haha 1

DF would have known that City were not going to jeopardise their financial future or abandon their long term plan with some unsustainable spending in an attempt to stay in the PL

I suspect however that Lambert was not aware of how much a basket case poorman road was, and like previous managers was unable to set it on the right course - if only that Evans had other ideas - short term financial gain over long term success for the club