Sign in to follow this  
NCFChapman

Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Portman Road. 2006

5 minutes ago, NCFChapman said:

Was trying to think when was the last time the town of Ipswich could of enjoyed a great performance at Portman Road.

And I was there, best night I’ve had in that dump, the night made all the better as some **** decided it was a good idea to run up and down on top of the corporate boxes with his flag and got chucked out before the concert! 

• Haha 1

Saw REM there in 2005 just after the london bombings. Was very emotional but a great gig. 

Sat in back row in the stand opposite the stage, that would be behind a goal, and the roof overhang from the stand at the side of the pitch obscured the view of the stage. Very well designed, NOT. After long negotiations (agency blamed the club, as they only hired the venue etc, club nothing to do with it etc) i got a refund. 

I also remember someone complaining to a steward about someone smoking in front of them, as his partner was asthmatic, and the stand was non smoking (as the poor bloke had a season ticket in that stand) The steward pointed out the non smoking rule was only for football matches, and nothing he could do. He did offer for them to move, but as the gig was a sell out they didnt have any seats together. 

On 27/03/2021 at 08:28, NCFChapman said:

Was trying to think when was the last time the town of Ipswich could of enjoyed a great performance at Portman Road.

I couldn't bring myself to see them there so went to the Ricoh instead 🤣

Good gig but they ran out of beer very quickly in the stand I was in and ended up drinking some terrible white wine 🤢