Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Sam Burgerbar

May be a technicality but on what date do we become a Premier League club for the purpose of the new Brexit rule? Could we sign players under EFL rules before that date?

Non starter unless we buy and loan back. This is a key position for us and we don't want to be scrapping around Dutch 2nd Division anyway tbh. 

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

May be a technicality but on what date do we become a Premier League club for the purpose of the new Brexit rule? Could we sign players under EFL rules before that date?

Rules have been in since December, its for all levels of English leagues that 15 points are needed for GBE not just PL. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Non starter unless we buy and loan back. This is a key position for us and we don't want to be scrapping around Dutch 2nd Division anyway tbh. 

Nothing wrong with the Dutch second division, plenty of top players have started there and moved on to bigger things. Cantwell being one. 

9 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Nothing wrong with the Dutch second division, plenty of top players have started there and moved on to bigger things. Cantwell being one. 

If we were Championship fine, but to avoid relegation we need an upgrade on Hanley and Gibson imo.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

If we were Championship fine, but to avoid relegation we need an upgrade on Hanley and Gibson imo.

I'd be amazed if Hanley and Gibson were not considered to be the "starting pair" in the prem. Any in-coming centre-backs will be back-ups and competition, I would have thought, and not upgrades.

Although I agree that to stay up we really need to upgrade on Hanley & Zimmermann, Gibson has shown that he’s definitely good enough for us in the premiership if he shakes off this injury with no ill effects, but the reality is we’ll follow the same process as we did two years ago, carefully spending the limited budget we might make and development of some younger fringe squad players.

58 minutes ago, horsefly said:

I'd be amazed if Hanley and Gibson were not considered to be the "starting pair" in the prem. Any in-coming centre-backs will be back-ups and competition, I would have thought, and not upgrades.

Indeed. Hanley + Gibson has been one of our best defensive pairings in a long time

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed. Hanley + Gibson has been one of our best defensive pairings in a long time

Agreed, but good enough for the Premiership?🤔.....