Sign in to follow this  
The saint

Could we field this team against Preston and get a result

Krul

Mumba                  Sorensen        Zimmernann             Quintilla

Tettey         Rupp

Buendia              Vrancic            Dowell

Hugill

Dont risk anyone returning from internationals except Krul , keep them all on the bench if game not going our way. Still looks a decent enough team to me , maybe not much playing time for a few but i would be reasonably confident of getting something with that team

Possibly- but equally why the hell should we be forced to play a weakened side almost entirely because the efl is run by a bunch of ***?  I’m sure it isn’t just us affected, the point could be made by several clubs.

• Like 2

I think that would be sensible team.  Not sure how fit Rupp is, may need to use Marco in CAM and slide Mario back or use McLean, he only played 2 mins tonight.

No, with that back 4 we would be asking for trouble. They aren't used to playing together, Quintilla and Mumba haven't played any first team football in ages and are weak defensively and to top it off Sorensen isn't a natural CB. We could get away with those changes ahead of that but the back 4 has to be Aarons Zimmermann Hanley Sorensen and even those two changes make me very nervous considering how settled we've been

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

10 hours ago, The saint said:

Krul

Mumba                  Sorensen        Zimmernann             Quintilla

Tettey         Rupp

Buendia              Vrancic            Dowell

Hugill

Dont risk anyone returning from internationals except Krul , keep them all on the bench if game not going our way. Still looks a decent enough team to me , maybe not much playing time for a few but i would be reasonably confident of getting something with that team

I’m pretty confident Pukki won’t be playing in Finland’s friendly. I’d imagine there’s a gentleman’s agreement in there.

I do appreciate the apparent unfairness of the timing, but we have known about this for some months and we have built a squad for this reason. We will put out a decent team whatever happens and they will play the way we always play. Whether that's enough to beat a "manager bounce" Preston is debatable but we have enough points in the bank to get through without too much drama.

• Like 1

I think its likely that Hanley and Mclean will play, its not going to be a massive trip for them to get down from Scotland for them. McClean hasn't played yet and I could see a bullish Hanley wanting to be involved no matter what now that Gibson is out.