Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Next Season.

3 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Shops that sell food / home improvement supplies / gardening gear / or exercise equipment, are deemed essential. 

The problem is there is no minimum level of food for example, to qualify, and youre able to sell your other items once open. 

Gardening, like football is good for mental health / wellbeing, allegedly. 

Too many shops have diversified. I remember in the first lock down, a garden centre owner wasnt allowed to open, bit he was next to an supermarket who was, and they were selling (inferior) plants. That's got to hurt. 

I have to say Greavsy i don't do gardening between end of October and March which covers this lockdown we are currently in.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I have to say Greavsy i don't do gardening between end of October and March which covers this lockdown we are currently in.

That is exactly  the time when I am generally planting hundreds , if not thousands of trees. Fortunately, commonsense has prevailed over here , an open air garden centre is a low risk environment  and once I've collected my  ordered batch of   trees  , I work, again out in the fresh air, with little or no contact with others...not a risk to anyone. 

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

True, but full houses sound a bit optimistic.

I suppose if everyone is masked up and fully sanitised there’s a case for it but don’t hold your breath.

We can’t hide from it forever it’s not going away. Once everyone is vaccinated We should be able to get on with normal life. The only reason we werent allowed to ,was to stop hospitals overflowing, that shouldnt be an issue in future.

Edited by city4eva
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

I have been all for the lockdowns and measures to protect people. 

But once every adult has been offered, and most have had, a double jab, its time to open up society fully and get on with it. 

This must be a first for me , agreeing with jerrykerry  

if we can’t have full stadiums that would mean so many other restrictions still in force

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

All the evidence suggests that it is almost impossible to catch Covid outdoors. Despite that we have football grounds closed and B&Q and The Range open. I'm baffled.

If that were the case, surely they would let outdoor venues open?

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Gardening, like football is good for mental health / wellbeing, allegedly.

Not mine! I hate it and being constantly nagged to do my "fair share" drives me mad!😩

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Seriously? 

Dont recall 27000 trying to leave The Range or B&Q all at the same time. THAT is part of the problem. 

Yes seriously. The only study so far found that 1,997 out of 2,000 caught Covid indoors. The other 3 were inconclusive. People are allowed to wander round packed homewear shops picking up goods and putting them down again but not allowed to meet more than one person outdoors. That isn't following science, it's absolute nonsense

Edited by dylanisabaddog

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

If that were the case, surely they would let outdoor venues open?

Nah Badgero, it's so much more about how things look than actual risk assessment.  

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Since last March I’ve been on no buses and taken just one train journey as I had no choice in a family emergency.

I’m in no hurry to get back on either

Don't then, that's your personal choice, but once everyone's had both jabs then it's time to get on with things. 

I've played by the rules for the last year, my 18 year old daughter hasn't been to mine since Xmas day, but once I'm double jabbed (not had one yet mind), the gloves are off as far as I'm concerned and I'm cracking on with my life 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nah Badgero, it's so much more about how things look than actual risk assessment.  

I have to say that I'm a bit confused by some of the advice. My wife is a teacher, almost entirely 14 to 18 year olds; 25 to 30 in a class, no social distancing, no masks (until recently) and yet we are told that there is no risk in schools😲 and that teachers are safe.