TIL 1010

Next Season.

12 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Can’t get excited because we won’t be allowed in

We will

5 hours ago, city4eva said:

We will

All of us ? 

Is there planned break for the world cup too ? 

7 hours ago, Greavsy said:

All of us ? 

Is there planned break for the world cup too ? 

I believe ,and of course, hope it will be all of us. Sure it will be some of us which is why my comment was, we will, rather than the previous posters "we wont"

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Isn't the World Cup in November 2022?

Correct, my bad. I blame any combination of the following. 

A. Lockdown

B. My jab

C. My age. 

D. Posting whilst multitasking (never good) 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

Personally cannot see 27,000 people being let into CR for a while. And again just a personal opinion, I think the best we can hope for is half our capacity. I think it will be a very long while before anything is "back to normal" and we have got to hope that Norfolk County Councils contingency planning for a third wave in the Autumn does not have to swing into action..........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Personally cannot see 27,000 people being let into CR for a while. And again just a personal opinion, I think the best we can hope for is half our capacity. I think it will be a very long while before anything is "back to normal" and we have got to hope that Norfolk County Councils contingency planning for a third wave in the Autumn does not have to swing into action..........

Silverstone are planning on a capacity crowd at the F1 in July  150,000 ish

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

Silverstone are planning on a capacity crowd at the F1 in July  150,000 ish

Same with regards to a number of late summer festivals (Reading and Leeds, Bloodstock to name a couple) which would be outdoor events of anywhere up to 60,000 people. Assuming the Vaccine does become available to all in July and the uptake is in the 70% plus by the time we reach mid-end of August, I think there is a good chance we might have at the very least 60% capacity, possibly more! fingers crossed, no point worrying yet.

8 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Personally cannot see 27,000 people being let into CR for a while. And again just a personal opinion, I think the best we can hope for is half our capacity. I think it will be a very long while before anything is "back to normal" and we have got to hope that Norfolk County Councils contingency planning for a third wave in the Autumn does not have to swing into action 

Edited as just seen others have made the same point

Edited by kick it off

From what I have read Silverstone "hope" for a full crowd, based on the Government road map and their MD made the point that "Silverstone is not a tight stadium in the same way a football stadium is" and that their 70,000 grandstand seats are spread over three and a half miles. I want there to be full crowds at CR and I also very much hope that will be the case...........

Situation looking a bit grim in Germany. If we can prevent a 3rd wave then there will be a good chance of increased capacity.

As far as a football stadium is concerned I can't see realistically what the difference is between have 10.000 in or 27,000, there will still be a massive coming together at the exits and toilets etc.

If there is resounding evidence that Covid can be controlled, or the risk of serious illness or death can be prevented once restrictions are lifted and everyone has been vaccinated we might get back in numbers. Too early to say yet.

54 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Situation looking a bit grim in Germany. If we can prevent a 3rd wave then there will be a good chance of increased capacity.

As far as a football stadium is concerned I can't see realistically what the difference is between have 10.000 in or 27,000, there will still be a massive coming together at the exits and toilets etc.

If there is resounding evidence that Covid can be controlled, or the risk of serious illness or death can be prevented once restrictions are lifted and everyone has been vaccinated we might get back in numbers. Too early to say yet.

Not to be pedantic but it would be a really big difference. If you think about how they did it in the few games we were able to have fans, you could have 3,000 spread out in the South stand, 2,000 spread in the City stand and then 2,500 spread out in both the tiers of the Barclay and River end, or something to that effect. 

The club have plans for 8000 fans, distributed around the ground, that they submitted before this lockdown. 

They should be to achieve that, as a minimum, im sure. 

Seems I am a bit of a lone voice. I do think we will be back in August. We can’t stay locked up for ever.

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

And what also needs to be borne in mind it is not just about the crowd in the stadium it is also about how that crowd travelled to the stadium, people stuck together in cars or on public transport will be a concern to the authorities.......

People have been using public transport for  ages now, and many people share cars/ vans for work

16 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Seems I am a bit of a lone voice. I do think we will be back in August. We can’t stay locked up for ever.

I am not arguing against crowds going back, I really hope that by the time the new season is here Carrow Rd is full again. It is not so much a for or against argument as it is a discussion around what factors the authorities are taking into account when making decisions around when fans will be allowed back and how many..........

Its one thing having people using public transport at staggered times during the day. However what we havent had is X,000's of people all leaving a stadium, and waiting for buses at the same place / time. Or leaving car parks and the like at thr same time. 

10 hours ago, city4eva said:

People have been using public transport for  ages now, and many people share cars/ vans for work

Since last March I’ve been on no buses and taken just one train journey as I had no choice in a family emergency.

I’m in no hurry to get back on either

10 hours ago, city4eva said:

True, but full houses sound a bit optimistic.

I suppose if everyone is masked up and fully sanitised there’s a case for it but don’t hold your breath.

All the evidence suggests that it is almost impossible to catch Covid outdoors. Despite that we have football grounds closed and B&Q and The Range open. I'm baffled.

46 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

All the evidence suggests that it is almost impossible to catch Covid outdoors. Despite that we have football grounds closed and B&Q and The Range open. I'm baffled.

Seriously? 

Dont recall 27000 trying to leave The Range or B&Q all at the same time. THAT is part of the problem. 

I have been all for the lockdowns and measures to protect people. 

But once every adult has been offered, and most have had, a double jab, its time to open up society fully and get on with it. 

57 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You have every right to be baffled, Neither retail organisation is 'essential' and should have been closed. Full stop. 

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

You have every right to be baffled, Neither retail organisation is 'essential' and should have been closed. Full stop. 

Not to mention garden centres.

4 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

I have been all for the lockdowns and measures to protect people. 

But once every adult has been offered, and most have had, a double jab, its time to open up society fully and get on with it. 

Totally agree otherwise what the hell have we spent all this effort on vaccinations for. We were always told that ........'the only route out is vaccinations'. It's absolutely amazing how so many people in this country have been so cowered by this virus and the obsession by the media to insist on talking about it non stop every singe day, that they are simply terrified of going anywhere near shops, hospitality venues, sporting arenas, transport etc. The country has completely lost it's backbone yet the people who bang on about the 'risk of going to shops, football matches. public transport' etc. are still expecting / demanding that others deliver their supermarket / Amazon shopping for them!!        

Shops that sell food / home improvement supplies / gardening gear / or exercise equipment, are deemed essential. 

The problem is there is no minimum level of food for example, to qualify, and youre able to sell your other items once open. 

Gardening, like football is good for mental health / wellbeing, allegedly. 

Too many shops have diversified. I remember in the first lock down, a garden centre owner wasnt allowed to open, bit he was next to an supermarket who was, and they were selling (inferior) plants. That's got to hurt. 

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not to mention garden centres.