The Norwich Evening News has said we are interested in signing him. I'm not sure about the £7 million being quoted though, seems a bit steep.

He's not exactly had an illustrious career up to now, but, with any potential signing, I certainly will trust the scouting network. Teemu didn't really hit his straps until he was 28 for example. If the glove fits. 

• Like 1

Well regarded in Wales and no doubt we need to add reinforcements in this area. He's improved and done well recently with Cardiffs surge up the table. Last I heard Sheffield Utd were interested in him.

Edited by jaberry2

Can't see that happening, as others have said I think this is agent-peddling. He does have a good long throw we could use.

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can't see that happening, as others have said I think this is agent-peddling. He does have a good long throw we could use.

Well, we don't seem to score many from corners, or even danger zone free-kicks these days so perhaps long throw-ins would be third time lucky.

46 minutes ago, YellowSubmarine said:

It’s an absolute nonsense link. Won’t be happening. 

17 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

I wouldn't be so sure. He's a player we have had a credited interest in the past and would fit the mould as a replacement for Skipp.

£7m seems a huge sum, though.

£7m for a 27 year old would be an interesting investment. I do think we're going to be doing more shopping in the Championship this year though.

53 minutes ago, king canary said:

£7m for a 27 year old would be an interesting investment. I do think we're going to be doing more shopping in the Championship this year though.

Well hopefully brentford dont go up and we go after dasilva.

20 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

For a Skipp replacement from the Championship I'd love to see us move for Matt Grimes from Swansea providing they don't go up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I wouldn't be so sure. He's a player we have had a credited interest in the past and would fit the mould as a replacement for Skipp.

We've apparently had interest in Ducksch for years and I'll tell you straight off, we won't get him as he's not close to being good enough. In fact, when looking at marks on the respected German football magazine kicker, Srbeny is doing better than him.

Vaulks is not good enough. Good Championship player, but that's it.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

We may have to depending on who else we bring in / lose due to the homegrown rules. Especially if we want to maximise on the U21's not having to be named. Last time round we named some of those players to make up the homegrown quota.

13 minutes ago, king canary said:

For a Skipp replacement from the Championship I'd love to see us move for Matt Grimes from Swansea providing they don't go up.

40 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Plus side is, in all likelihood, at least one of them will be available...

19 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

We've apparently had interest in Ducksch for years and I'll tell you straight off, we won't get him as he's not close to being good enough. In fact, when looking at marks on the respected German football magazine kicker, Srbeny is doing better than him.

Vaulks is not good enough. Good Championship player, but that's it.

Whether he's good enough or whether the rumour is credible are two very different things. I'm not sure he'd make it in the Premier League either. I am convinced this is a credible rumour though. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It’s not happening. 

This has popped up because we ere interested in him a couple of seasons ago and like others have noted his contract is up relatively soon. If we were staying down a decent signing, not a PL player though. I'd take him on the cheap for his long throw and cover but not for anything more than 1m, he's no better than McLean, Rupp or Sorensen and nowhere near Skipp's level. 

I don't think he would improve us. For me I like players like McLean at championship level, but they have too many mistakes / astray passes for the premiership. We should be eyeballing better quality players than him IMO

Can’t see it, hope not, he’s really nowhere near McClean standard and we need an improvement on McClean for the premiership! Skipp is ten times the player and Sorensen certainly better fit for our team in the holding positions for the premiership. For the money being touted I hope we’re not going down this route rather not waste the money and go with what we have and give Mumba a chance!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Surely Sorenson may be Skipp's replacement. Personally, I am hoping Skipp may get an extra season with us.

Yes but we'd still need a Tettey replacement if Skipp doesn't stay.

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Can’t see it, hope not, he’s really nowhere near McClean standard and we need an improvement on McClean for the premiership! Skipp is ten times the player and Sorensen certainly better fit for our team in the holding positions for the premiership. For the money being touted I hope we’re not going down this route rather not waste the money and go with what we have and give Mumba a chance!

For the McLean upgrade see Matt Grimes suggested above. he's class.

Maybe as a Vrancic replacement. Seems to have done well at Cardiff since his move from Rotherham.

Not the flashiest signing but reminds me of some of the deals Burnley do for top end championship centre mid who seem to be able to "do a job" in the prem like Hendrick and then Brownhill.

As for a Skipp replacement, unless we're signing Kevin de Bruyne, I don't wanna know, we should just shut the road to London and not allow Skipp back to Tottenham

Proves how little interest I pay to the Championship, apart from ourselves of course. I've never heard of him 😂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Maybe as a Vrancic replacement. Seems to have done well at Cardiff since his move from Rotherham.

Not the flashiest signing but reminds me of some of the deals Burnley do for top end championship centre mid who seem to be able to "do a job" in the prem like Hendrick and then Brownhill.

As for a Skipp replacement, unless we're signing Kevin de Bruyne, I don't wanna know, we should just shut the road to London and not allow Skipp back to Tottenham

Vaulks is much more a Skipp type player than a Vrancic.

We play a deeper DM type, Skipp in our side, then a box to box next to him (usually McLean or Rupp).

Vaulks is a poor mans Oliver Skipp but with a cracking free kick in him.

Grimes is more of an all round centre mid in the Howson mould, would be a good upgrade in that box to box spot if Swansea don't go up. 

I'd be much more excited by Grimes, but if we lose both Skipp and Tettey then we do need combative tough tackling defensive midfielder and Vaulks is one of those. 

£7m sounds steep though, but then perhaps the homegrown thing is worth paying a premium for. It does make sense to try and replace Tettey with a homegrown player for the quota if possible. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Vaulks is much more a Skipp type player than a Vrancic.

We play a deeper DM type, Skipp in our side, then a box to box next to him (usually McLean or Rupp).

Vaulks is a poor mans Oliver Skipp but with a cracking free kick in him.

Grimes is more of an all round centre mid in the Howson mould, would be a good upgrade in that box to box spot if Swansea don't go up. 

I'd be much more excited by Grimes, but if we lose both Skipp and Tettey then we do need combative tough tackling defensive midfielder and Vaulks is one of those. 

£7m sounds steep though, but then perhaps the homegrown thing is worth paying a premium for. It does make sense to try and replace Tettey with a homegrown player for the quota if possible. 

knew about his free kicks and it seems he contributes a bit more on the goals and assists front than a typical DM. His pass accuracy doesn't look great though maybe that's more down to Cardiffs playing style?

Grimes looks to be a player but he'd probably cost at least double.

Tommy Doyle from Man City looks like a prospect, not much first team exposure yet but a potential gem. Looks a strong all rounder.