Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

I can't keep silent anymore

I have been a regular reader of this message board for a number of years now but never been that inclined to post my own thoughts. However with the state of the club as it is now I feel I can ''t keep quiet anymore.

I can admit to never really taking to Worthington as manager of our football club; his style of play, his use of players (or not as the case may be!), his lack of tactical ability, his obession with "work rate" over ability, his favouritism for certain players, his ability to fall out with certain players because they dare to disagree with him, and his inept post match comments week in week out to name but a few of the reasons why I feel this way.

However despite all of the weaknesses above, until the beginning of this season I couldn''t fault his record, playoff finals, promotion, a season in the Premiership and even though we got relegated most of us in our heart of hearts thought that was going to happen anyway.

But where we find ourselves as a club now with the resources at our disposal at the start of the season is nothing short of a total and utter disgrace. How the man (and his so called coaching staff) are still in a job i don''t know - only the board can answer that question for us when they remove their heads from the pile of sand they currently seem have got them very firmly inserted into.

I agree that stability and consistency are very important, but i feel the board are putting far to much emphasis on this and ignoring the cold hard facts. Stability and sticking with a management team is the right thing to do if the fundamentals are in place. Too me this isn''t the case - no one can say we have been unlucky this year. Despite the injuries we still should have enough quality to roll over the majority of teams in this league with good management. We just haven''t been good enough - plain and simple. On paper we have a good group of players they just aren''t playing as a team, they aren''t playing to any system, with any tactics, with any morale or motivation - this lies squarely at the feet of the management and coaching team. Worthington and his staff have never during his 5 years at the club got Norwich playing organised, solid, attractive football - so they sure as hell are going to be able to do it now. People may say well we got promoted - yes we did I can''t deny that - but that was down to lumping the ball up to Huckerby, Crouch, Svenson who then scored and we then held on for the other 80 minutes of the game. It wasn''t down to organised. passing football. It annoys me when people say we play good passing football at Norwich - it certainly hasn''t been whilst worthington has been in charge !

The man must go. If not now - the end of the season. The club is still a very attractive proposition to other managers out there, good players here already, money available to strenghten, good attendances etc. The club is still in a strong position to be able to make ourselves a top championship / bottom premiership club in the next few seasons - however this opportunity may be lost if the board don''t act now.   

Excellent post.

I agree entirely with you.

Also have you noticed the amount of times this season on Canary Call that Neil Adams has admitted that "we have good players and should be up at the top challenging,  but for whatever reason it isn''t happening".

Yep, it isn''t happening, it hasn''t happened all season apart from in December.

Message to the board.

Lets see if a new manager can make it happen.

Good summing up M''Lud. Does the Counsel for the defence wish to respond?

I take it the sentence will be severe to give out a strong message to future incumbents with some allowance for good behaviour balanced against a higher tarrif for not pleading guilty to crimes against Norwich City.

Welcome aboard, yer Honour!

I remain firmly of the view that posts like these should be turned into letters and sent by the poster to Chairman Roger Munby, asking him to show it to the other directors. (I did this last week - still no reply though...perhaps it''s still in Donkeycaster''s pending tray...)   

Munby and his fellow directors have got to understand that it isn''t only ranters and the intellectually or emotionally disadvantaged who post on the Pink''Un Forum. 

It''ll be harder for him to repeat that he''s listening to the fans when letters like these keep pouring in - and I see that Ray Blower has said that the Independent Supporters'' Association hasn''t changed its view since it called for W to be replaced last November.

Well worth a stamp, yer Honour!  Who knows? - it could just be the letter wot swings it. [;)]

Welcome to the board Judge. I hope you keep posting, not because of your point of view on this subject but, rather, that we need more posters who put forth constructive, well articulated posts.

With respect to this subject, I believe ( and I think Squit believes too ) that the decision has already been made to dispense with Nigel and his merry men. Delia did not get to where she did in life by being afraid to ultimately bite the bullet, so I don''t think that''s what''s holding the Board back. It''s probably a timing communication decision and most of us are just so impatient to hear what surely must be inevitable.  It''s just sad that we appear to have missed the opportunity to capitalise when all the stars were pointing in the right direction such a short time ago.

I have to say i agree with you. I haven''t loved Worthy sort of players he has brought. Some are bad signings (Rivers, Easton, Hughes etc). And i also agree with the Worthy should go at the end of the season.

This is your first post so you seem like you could be someone from the club but i don''t really care. I wouldn''t be suprise if this forum had some moles in it. If there is any members of the board on here or member of the Club. I have one thing to say.

Approach Newell, Bowen and Holloway in that order! Worthy out at the ned of the season

I agree totally.

Your views have just about summed it all up.

I also have a post on here reflecting my own depressing and frustrated view. (Its All Over NOW!!!)

Cheers

Judge

I cannot argue with any of that.  It seems however the board are content to struggle on and keep with "stability" and Worthington''s tired, dire brand of football rather than take our club back to the stylish football some of us can still remember together with appointing the kind of manager who will deliver real football from properly coached, motivated players who actually want to play for our club.

As I write this message in support of your post from my drab cell ''Judge'', I was wondering if you can get me an early release.  I''ve been stitched up like a kipper M''lud!  I''m innocent of the offence of being drunk in charge of a keyboard.......I''m not a drunkard! I''m a fruitcake, headcase, one right winger/midfielder short of a decent squad! I have loadsa people who will back me up! Rude Old, Gazza..........(to name a couple)......They know I''m not all there!

Aw forget it! You''re not a real ''Judge!''..............I''m not really in a cell!............Well I am - but it''s nice and padded, and I take medication which helps! I also wear a special jacket that any bondage lover would be proud of! It may help me go ''strait!''....... You see ''Judge,'' I live on the hill and play with the butterflies.....I used to be normal up to about 18+ months ago - then...........well, it all started to go wrong for me and I came all over weird like? I started sitting on the roof of the coaches going to away games at first. Then, I refused to eat pies and sausage rolls and stuff......Guinness started to take a back seat.......My missus and kids thought I was behaving strange, like......I was doing the ironing, washing up, hoovering, enjoying the garden and talking to the neighbours in a civilised fashion!

Then the ''voices'' started: "6-0! 6-0! on the last game of the ''FULHAMIN'' season!"........"Work ethic, passed the ball well" Cranky stuff like, "Where are you? Lets be Havin'' you!" even stuff worse than that! Then,  Roy Waller and Neil Adams were rapidly becoming figments of my imagination........I was drifting away from football - and it was getting serious!

So anyway ''Judge'' I started to........Well, you don''t really want to know what I''ve been doin'' so, I''ll just congratulate you again on your well written thoughts, I entirely agree with what your saying. Must dash! My bowl of gruel awaits, with a glass of creek water with a Sunday treat of dried biscuits and weevils! The shrink reckons I''ll start getting better when the NCFC board accommodated in the cells just down the corridor, regain their sanity, see the light and the ill - judged error of their ways, and sack the manager and co.....OTBC ;~)  PS, are you an employee of the club? 

All, thanks for your kind words on my first post.

I can assure you as one reply stated i''m am not part of the club - if I was i can assure you I would make my views know to the powers that be.

As Oso suggested I will be making my feelings known in a letter to Mr Munby and Co when I renew my season ticket. Yes i will be renewing as I have for the last 22 years, as I could not imagine not going to watch Norwich - however I do not want the board to feel that by silently renewing I am in support of the current management & coaching team.

Totally agree with the original poster.

In particular, even in the Championship year, there were indeed many games which we nicked through Huckerby after being outpassed for much of the game...Reading and Coventry away , Ipswich at home that season immediately spring to mind

Welcome aboard Judge - as many others have already commented nice to read a well written piece - dont leave it so long for the next one.

If only Squit (or any one with a non-worthy out view really) could come up with an equally good counter piece then we could really discuss rather than sling verbal insults;  but being able to sit next to an away fan without resorting to violence seems more likely...[;)]