Great news. He's looked more 'ready for action' than most of our previous young goalkeepers to come and go in the past. I was particularly impressed with his skills and composure with the ball at his feet, which is in many ways the most important part of the job.

Enormously impressive to the extent that I questioned the need for a more experienced back-up this season. Confidence and assurance in abundance when dropped in at the very deep end.

Questioned, not doubted I hasten to add ... others know bettter but, on the surface some of these youngsters, seem best not held back. He's only one of about three promising young 'keepers on the conveyor belt as well.

I guess that there is a certain frustration in getting excited about all these many supposingly very promising youngsters on the books ... Mumba, Soto, Sinani, Fawmno etc. etc. whilst realising that it will only be the exception who gets a look in if we gain promotion and emphasised by the fact that this forum is already contemplating quite expensive upgrades for the shopping list of next season.

BUT. you never know. Who was it that who famously said that you never win anything with youngsters? Surely it was that character who rarely got anything right about Norwich City as well? 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Also just pulled out of the U21 internationals with injury hasn't he?

Great news on the contract situation though, he's very highly rated within the Norwich camp so he may well be on the cards to become a future no1 here

Would like to see him get some League 1 or 2 action next season on loan. I have said Bolton would be a good fit for him as under Evatt they try to play far more "Farke-like" football compared to previous incarnations, but he'd still be seasoned under English conditions.

McGovern's still OK as a number three. Nyland should give Krul a good sharpening unless something goes askew in training or he's not recovered from his back complaints as much as hoped. The youngsters need quality, sustained seasoning now so we can gauge where they're at. So, for me, Oxborough, Barden and Mair need loans out.

Looks legit. Let’s get him that decent loan move next season that makes him an all rounder. I expect given his very successful displays in the championship there will be teams very interested in getting him in.

21 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Barden, Oxborough, McCracken, Mair, Blair.

Probably need to get 3 of them out on loan next season. 

Joe Rose is good too. We've got a goalkeeper factory up at Colney. 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Joe Rose is good too. We've got a goalkeeper factory up at Colney. 

We always seem to have promising looking youth keepers, since Green have any made it to our first team?  Lewis, Steer, Rudd, and Matthews have managed to carve out a career away from here, have I missed anyone?

Well Rudd did play 21 games for us. Barden has played a few games for us. And of course Angus Gunn was with us until he was 15 and then played a season for us (via Man City). 

Can probably add Gunn to this list too, and he did go on to play for us