Sign in to follow this  
Wymondham Canaries

Pre match superstitions

Must go through the same turnstile and weirdly never wear a green a yellow scarf at CR, everywhere else yes but not there.

If the actions don’t actually bring perceived good fortune - because they’re done for every game attended, regardless of the end result which is more a function of the team’s performance that season - but are rather habits, rigidities, or traditions... are they then technically superstitions?

I have to have at least 3 pints of fosters and then a huge pi$$ in the carra bogs before heading for my seat.

Nothing to do with superstition, I just enjoy doing it and thought I'd tell you anyway.

Edited by Paint Me Yellow
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

I have to have at least 3 pints of fosters and then a huge pi$$ in the carra bogs before heading for my seat.

Nothing to do with superstition, I just enjoy doing it and thought I'd tell you anyway.

3 pints of Fosters IS a huge Pi$$. End of.😉👍😇

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

3 pints of Fosters IS a huge Pi$$. End of.😉👍😇

They only call it Fosters because you probably couldn't get away with putting P-I-S-S on the can.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

They only call it Fosters because you probably couldn't get away with putting P-I-S-S on the can.

During USA 94, I seem to recall there  were up to four matches a day  during the group stages.  Aaaaaanyway Fostersxwas on offer so me and a couple of friends bought a slab of 24 x 500ml can each.... big mistake!! Woke up in the early hours as the fourth match was ending...dont remember it starting , knee deep in empty cans and the mother of all thumping headaches going on. I have kept my vow never to drink that foul brew again. 27 years and counting. 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

During USA 94, I seem to recall there  were up to four matches a day  during the group stages.  Aaaaaanyway Fostersxwas on offer so me and a couple of friends bought a slab of 24 x 500ml can each.... big mistake!! Woke up in the early hours as the fourth match was ending...dont remember it starting , knee deep in empty cans and the mother of all thumping headaches going on. I have kept my vow never to drink that foul brew again. 27 years and counting. 

Nearly 20 years ago I went to the British Grand Prix and Fosters was the sponsor. You couldn't get any other beer (apart from John Smiths) anywhere in Silverstone. 

Controversially, I don't actually mind it.

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Nearly 20 years ago I went to the British Grand Prix and Fosters was the sponsor. You couldn't get any other beer (apart from John Smiths) anywhere in Silverstone. 

Controversially, I don't actually mind it.

Won a weekend in london for 2 courtesy of carlsberg..flights , hotel meals out, arsenal 3 city1 ( the Wilshire goal)vip transfer to from airport/  match etc,,free beer/ wine all weekend . My only complaint was that Carlsberg couldn't  arrange a decent scoreline.

I tend to drink as many special brews as my body can handle and try not to be unconscious before the start of the game

Edited by jaberry2

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Perhaps the quantity rather than the quality 😁

44 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I tend to drink as many special brews as my body can handle and try not to be unconscious before the start of the game

I reckon you directors’ box lah-di-dahs get a lot more leeway than we would

22 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Perhaps the quantity rather than the quality 😁

Are you suggesting that the best part of 24 pints is excessive?😇

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Are you suggesting that the best part of 24 pints is excessive?😇

To be fair they are crazy and wild anecdotes, have you got any more you could share? 

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

To be fair they are crazy and wild anecdotes, have you got any more you could share? 

Were you never young and stupid? Or do you still have that to look forward to? Me, I'm on the cusp of being  'old and couldnt give a fook'.  

6 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Were you never young and stupid? Or do you still have that to look forward to? Me, I'm on the cusp of being  'old and couldnt give a fook'.  

No longer young but still very stupid. 

39 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No longer young but still very stupid. 

Glad to hear it, never grow old gracefully.