Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Going back to Carrow Road

Looks like this season is done and dusted, no more trials to come. What do you reckon the chances are of opening up in August?

With all restrictions suppposed to come to an end on 21st June I would think there'll be some attendance. In theory it should be full houses again but I suspect it'll all be a bit ' touchy-feely ' with mask wearing and hand sanitising still expected.

I think theatres are looking to play to full houses so I can't see why that wouldn't apply to football grounds.

Really depends on the vaccine, if today’s reports are to go by then with nearly 100% effective on stopping hospitalisation, I would say back to normal with some caution and good practices. I’m hopeful to seeing things going back to normal.

We had better hope that this 3rd wave sweeping across Europe does not impact on the UK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

We had better hope that this 3rd wave sweeping across Europe does not impact on the UK.

We need europe to pull their fingers  out their backsides and get people vaccinated. Overwhelming evidence that AZ is safe yet take-up something like 50% and 14 million AZ vaccines unused.

While we’ve got these idiots there will always be risks, I wouldn’t be against a “proof of jab” before entrance to sports, theatre etc

2E1FC3EE-8491-4658-AF71-B216E4241D33.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

While we’ve got these idiots there will always be risks, I wouldn’t be against a “proof of jab” before entrance to sports, theatre etc

Just ask if wearing a mask is an infringement of civil liberty and if the vaccination program is run by Bill Gates. If the answers are yes, they can't come in.

But its not as if we are, for example, letting our footballers play in these higher infectious countries, and then returning.........

Oh hold on................

44 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Yes but you have to feel sorry for the lass on the right, I mean she’s got a hell of a list she’s been subjected to!

Edited by Indy
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes but you have to feel sorry for the lass on the right, I mean she’s got a hell of a list she’s been subjected to!

Meat Loaf

Two out Three ain’t bad

Prob be a surge of Covid-19 in Bristol now bloody idiots just thinking about themselves otbc

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well, Boris certainly feels that Europe's 3rd wave will hit us at some point. While the vaccine roll out, should it continue at its present pace, will no doubt  help to a good extent in curbing massive  steep rises in new infections, it will not and  cannot curb new increases completely.

Im trying to be realistic here, not automatically pessimistic, but honestly, there is far to much optimism in these posts in expecting to see the Carra full again and how it used to be. What im expectng at most is a repeat of this season's start, with some trials of small attendances, 2k or whatever, then again  just stopping.

We should all have learnt  by now how adept Covid is at  finding ways  of infecting humans despite our best efforts and even with vaccination sadly i cant see Carra being back to its noisiest best for a long time to come.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Well, Boris certainly feels that Europe's 3rd wave will hit us at some point. While the vaccine roll out, should it continue at its present pace, will no doubt  help to a good extent in curbing massive  steep rises in new infections, it will not and  cannot curb new increases completely.

Im trying to be realistic here, not automatically pessimistic, but honestly, there is far to much optimism in these posts in expecting to see the Carra full again and how it used to be. What im expectng at most is a repeat of this season's start, with some trials of small attendances, 2k or whatever, then again  just stopping.

We should all have learnt  by now how adept Covid is at  finding ways  of infecting humans despite our best efforts and even with vaccination sadly i cant see Carra being back to its noisiest best for a long time to come.

Last paragraph is very depressing 

Covid passports is a worry

To have had both vaccinations by the start of the season in august. You will have had to have had your first one by the start of May to allow for the 12 week gap.

There may not be anyone under the age of 50 in at the start of the season???

16 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

To have had both vaccinations by the start of the season in august. You will have had to have had your first one by the start of May to allow for the 12 week gap.

Do you think they will go down the vaccine passport route ?

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hopefully back to normal subject to vaccine passport.

i think the passport idea needs to be carefully looked at before being introduced.  The idea of people under 50 watching those over 50 having their life back to normal would be very devisive.  What about under 20's, the vacinne has not been approved for use on them yet, would they be let in?  Difficult decisions.

39 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Be like normal in most parts parts of the ground then 😀

Not sure why anyone is concerned about people carrying posters rather than a clown in Downing Street.

Firstly he says that all restrictions will be removed by 21 June then he seeks authority to continue until October. Now he believes that because there has been a wave in Europe there is likely to be one here whilst oblivious to our rate of 50% vaccination compared to theirs of 10%.

No doubt he is keen to get foreign holidays back on track too which explains why he is unwilling to give some leeway to Europe on vaccine supply. 

He certainly doesn't know which horse to back. What chance have we got?

The study pinlished today in the US suggesting the main benefit of the vacinnations are that they prevent everyone who has had the jab from having serious outcomes, opposed to stopping people passing it on.  This makes the benefit of having the jab very beneficial.

2 hours ago, Newtopia said:

i think the passport idea needs to be carefully looked at before being introduced.  The idea of people under 50 watching those over 50 having their life back to normal would be very devisive.  What about under 20's, the vacinne has not been approved for use on them yet, would they be let in?  Difficult decisions.

My remark was slightly tongue in cheek, but I think the requirement will come in if not for football grounds. As an island I hope we impose it on visitors wanting to come here as they should on us.

I think the more serious wider issue is if the government can control law and order if they continue with severe restrictions whilst the most vulnerable have been vaccinated and are essentially at low risk of death.

Difficult decisions as you say.

4 hours ago, Essjayess said:

If the road map' goes according to plan then all social restriction regulations end on June 21st so why this pessimism? Once the population is vaccinated we must stop being 100% obsessed with this virus and get on with our lives and building back normal life.  

• Like 1

Report in one of the newspapers over the weekend, where a top medical adviser to the Government, has stated facing covering and social distancing will be in place for several years. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, City fan said:

Report in one of the newspapers over the weekend, where a top medical adviser to the Government, has stated facing covering and social distancing will be in place for several years. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Which raises the question as to how social distancing takes place in a football ground and possibly contradicts all restrictions removed by 21 June. 

Perhaps face masks are no great hardship but in general normal life must be resumed. There will be huge problems if we don't.

I think the issue is that viruses mutate, so even if you are vaccinated against the current strains you might still be at risk if a new variant comes along. I gather that is why there is so much caution around allowing foreign holidays in the summer as they think this may encourage mutations and allow a route for them to come back to the UK.

I suspect we will end up having booster jabs to try and combat this, but the science will naturally lag behind events as the scientists try to understand the mutation and how to combat it.

So I don't think we will all be back to normal in May/June. I suspect that masks and social distancing will continue and we may not have full houses at games and social events for a while yet.

Incidentally I saw an interview with Andrew Lloyd Webber on the tv where he was saying his company needed to play to full houses to be economically viable. His approach seemed to place profit firmly above health care considerations. The government seems to have leant the other way, putting health first, so it will be interesting to see what happens in May when theatres and sports events can open up.

Putting health first needs to include wider issues like cancer, mental health, domestic abuse etc. Fine if they do that.

I suspect that a ground half or one third full could be a factor for a chunk of next season. Allowing better outcomes for smaller clubs ought to be the priority.

48 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Putting health first needs to include wider issues like cancer, mental health, domestic abuse etc. Fine if they do that.

I suspect that a ground half or one third full could be a factor for a chunk of next season. Allowing better outcomes for smaller clubs ought to be the priority.

I agree especially with the last part.

Of course we all want to get back to games, and as an Norfolk exile that will mean me visiting my local non league club where average attendances are typically around 50% of capacity.

So getting fans back is important, but if you want better outcomes for small clubs then isn’t the answer for football to address the structural issue with the way the game is organised so more money trickles down to the lower leagues? I say this with no expectation of that actually happening of course!

4 hours ago, Newtopia said:

The study pinlished today in the US suggesting the main benefit of the vacinnations are that they prevent everyone who has had the jab from having serious outcomes, opposed to stopping people passing it on.  This makes the benefit of having the jab very beneficial.

Hahaha!!! 

a new clinical study was required to explain how vaccines work?!! FML. 

A vaccine prevents you from getting ill - AFTER you have contracted a disease. It DOESN’T prevent you from actually catching and unknowingly spreading said disease. 

that’s why mass vaccination programs are needed. We will all still be spreading COVID-19 but as we will be vaccinated, we won’t present with symptoms.