Move Klose

Watford Title Winners

9/1 odds.

Good odds for the people on here who dont think we will win it 🤷‍♂️

1/20 is our odds.

Phew i thought the season had finished for a minute and we had been overtaken by Watford, Swansea, Brentford etc

3 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Phew i thought the season had finished for a minute and we had been overtaken by Watford, Swansea, Brentford etc

Now you’ve done it! Shhhhhhhhhhh don’t talk a Leeds style cockup! 😉💚💛

Edited by Indy

Got to hand it to some posters, who read what they want to read, and respond accordingly? 

Couple of questions. 

1. Can anyone point to a thread, or even a (sensible*) post, that supports the comment "for the people on here who dont (sic) think we will win it " ? . I doubt it. Does anyone THINK that we won't win it? 

2. Can anyone point to a thread or even a (sensible) post, that says let's just calm down before we open the Champagne and begin the celebration? Yes, a few , some mentioning the international break, potential injuries , forms of other teams and so on.  

*anyone mentioning meteorites hitting the earth and wiping out humanity do not fall into this classification . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

27 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I think Watford could well just pip us....that would include them beating us at carrow rd, which when it comes round they may need the points more than us in tetms of promotion

Lump on then, you will make an absolute killing just by laying it off in a few weeks.

53 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Got to hand it to some posters, who read what they want to read, and respond accordingly? 

Couple of questions. 

1. Can anyone point to a thread, or even a (sensible*) post, that supports the comment "for the people on here who dont (sic) think we will win it " ? . I doubt it. Does anyone THINK that we won't win it? 

2. Can anyone point to a thread or even a (sensible) post, that says let's just calm down before we open the Champagne and begin the celebration? Yes, a few , some mentioning the international break, potential injuries , forms of other teams and so on.  

*anyone mentioning meteorites hitting the earth and wiping out humanity do not fall into this classification . 

This is great time of year for cliches (at the end of the day).

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I think Watford could well just pip us....that would include them beating us at carrow rd, which when it comes round they may need the points more than us in tetms of promotion

Conversely I wouldn't be surprised at all if Watford beat us at Carrow Road and we still with the title - I'd imagine the odds on that are still a lot shorter than the scenario you pose.

Who cares ? If anyone's brave enough to put money on Watford against a 1/20 shot ( 1/16 with Bill Hill ) then good luck to them.

All we need to worry about are the chasing pack behind the top two and with Brentford at 40/1 and Swansea at 100/1 I'd say we've pretty much home and hosed for an automatic spot.

That's all that matters.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

29 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Good odds because the bookies know its not going to happen. 

Maybe...but its not beyond the realms that they beat us when we play them...and then somewhere else along the line win a game where we lose one (maybe this b@stard Preston game on Good Friday??)

That would reduce the gap over them to 2 pts

With 3 points for a win it's doable. Hopefully by the time we play them 9/1 will have drifted out. 

Watford have had a good run but will slip up eventually. Even and unexpected draw could be game over.

Watford will not win at Carrow Rd, not beaten a team in top 8 away all season.  We may have enough points for promotion already.  

Champions must be the aim.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Maybe...but its not beyond the realms that they beat us when we play them...and then somewhere else along the line win a game where we lose one (maybe this b@stard Preston game on Good Friday??) your glass i would suggest is not

That would reduce the gap over them to 2 pts

Reading some of your previous posts regarding scenarios and what if's i think your glass is not just half empty but is bone dry.

22 minutes ago, pete said:

Watford will not win at Carrow Rd, not beaten a team in top 8 away all season.  We may have enough points for promotion already.  

Champions must be the aim.  

They beat Cardiff away only last weekend

30 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

They beat Cardiff away only last weekend

They weren't top 8 last weekend.

• Haha 1

Last season Aston Villa were 1/20 to go down after we beat Newcastle with 3 games left. We were 12/1 to be relegated. Que some insane results. We went down. Of course I am not realky thinking the mighty Hornets will do it. Your form is still better. But never ever trust an odds on fav 

Villa clawed back 7 points in 3 games. Including at home to Arsenal.

Edited by Moosebadge

45 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

Last season Aston Villa were 1/20 to go down after we beat Newcastle with 3 games left. We were 12/1 to be relegated. Que some insane results. We went down. Of course I am not realky thinking the mighty Hornets will do it. Your form is still better. But never ever trust an odds on fav 

Villa clawed back 7 points in 3 games. Including at home to Arsenal.

You also sacked your manager during that period.

22 minutes ago, ncfcstar said:

You also sacked your manager during that period.

Saying 'Watford sacked their manager' is like saying 'day follows night' or 'the name of today has a Y in it'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didnt have a manager to sack. The board sacked the clubs manager. Given the dull international break i propose we settle an age old question. This before we focus on promotion etc.

What is more useful to the human race, string or celotape?

9 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

I didnt have a manager to sack. The board sacked the clubs manager. Given the dull international break i propose we settle an age old question. This before we focus on promotion etc.

For mankind, string, in my life celotape.

3 of Watfords last 4 games are;

City, Brentford and Swansea. 

It will take a catastrophic collapse from us or Watford win every single game from here. 

12 hours ago, Moosebadge said:

Catch me on Dragon's Den next week and see how well I go with my amazing new product "cellostring"

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Catch me on Dragon's Den next week and see how well I go with my amazing new product "cellostring"

I think some fella beat you to it, wasnt there and investment by Deborah Meaden into a revolutionary adhesive twine......Stringotape ? 

Ad tagline......We've got this hogtied and stuck down.

I think Sellotape is the brand name (I’m not sure if this is true, but the story is that they changed the C in Cellotape to an S so the name could be registered as a trademark). Cello strings have been around for a long, long time, so Deborah definitely won’t be in. 😊🙂

I bought some double sided sticky tape the other day and that is pretty impressive stuff!

Back to football. I’ve been impressed by the approach to the last 5 or so games. It’s been focussed and highly professional and in the Forest game we controlled the game excellently. I see no reason for the approach and philosophy to change, and we’ve got a terrific points cushion so every reason to be positive about the final outcome.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think some fella beat you to it, wasnt there and investment by Deborah Meaden into a revolutionary adhesive twine......Stringotape ? 

Ad tagline......We've got this hogtied and stuck down.

damn!!!

20 hours ago, Moosebadge said:

How long is the piece of celotape?

• Haha 1