Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

We must beat Brighton, however......

I firmly believe that we must beat Brighton on Tuesday to ensure that we are not drawn into a relegation fight.

Again on this board as well as others many are not recognising the potential threat of relegation.

We are 11 points off the drop zone at present (Brighton), but we have a very difficult games for the remainder of the season. We still need another 10/11 points to be safe and Brighton must be beaten because i would not like to say where we are going to get the the other points from, especially as Safri is now injured again and you know how poo we are without him.

However, even if we do beat Brighton the Worthy out chants and protests must continue regardless of the performance or result, we must make it clear to the board that we don''t want to have NW and co in charge for the start of next season. If you don''t make your feelings known then the board will take the soft option and keep him in charge. You know it is true.

The soft option!The easiest option of all would be to sack him! Simply because of the results.THAT IS THE SOFT OPTION!Which is why so many of the posters on here want it. Because they are soft. When the going gets tough lets do the easy thing and find a scapegoat!This season has not only been regrettable on  the pitch it has been off it too.Most posters on here that want Worthington out have changed their minds about three different times this season - and the league as usual is quite tight.At the beggining of the season people were behing him, then not, then they were, then they werent, then they were and now here we are towards the end of the season with a lot of people saying the soft option is to keep him.Again I will re-iterate - BE REALISTIC AND LOOK AT THE FACTS.For crying out loud the worse thing about the club at the moment are the so called majority of 100-200 "supporters" that keep demoralising the team and the club. They are an utter embaressment to football let alone our club! Just think about it!

we had an almost FULL SQUAD yesterday for the away trip to the mightty Hull whom had lost their last 3 home matches, we managed 1 shot of note and a lucky own goal.....

a TOTAL UTTER DISGRACE

I just saw the goal on TV and it was a great hooked cross from Paul McVeigh whom set up the goal...

A PLAYER WHO WILL NOT BE HERE NEXT YEAR DUE TO WORTHY......

in fact our player whom is on the best form whom has been DROPPED by our esteemed manager

oh yeah and therer are near on 300 signatures on the poll on the official site message board and i like many others do not know any fans whom want to keep him......

Chicken - This is not about results - its about performances.   They have been the one consistent feature of this seasons campaign - they have only once got above average (Sheff Utd ) even during December.

The reason why I want worthy replaced is not because results are going against us but the degrading manner we play football, the lack of cohesive team work, no idication that the manager can coach his way out of the current predicament preferring to constantly buy new rather than re-learn how to pass the ball.  Most critcially in my eyes it is the persistance of playing poorly performing players at the expense of those who can/are playing in form (WLY as a striker recently is a prime example)  because the manager is unable to identify how to use his own squad of players to their best ability.

I have held these concerns about the manager for coming up to 2 years but only for the last 4 months have I sought his replacement as it has become clear, to me anyway, that Worthy as run out of ideas on how to stop the rot.

Last month was ''average'' in his eyes, we are apparantly still in the play off race and yesterday we deserved a point when not one independent paper today, nor ceefax/internet reports support that claim with the Sunday Times in particular was hard hittiing on our ineffectiveness and robbed hull of 2 more deserved points.  That is with a near fully fit squad.

As he said himself, this is not a season for excuses, and none will wash,  his time is up. 

Just reading the posts on this board, it is pretty apparent the amount of bickering and in fighting between the "fans" - its a joke. 18 months ago, there was such a buzz around the club - the excitement at the forthcoming trips to Highbury, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, and the opportunity to see Henry, Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, coming to Carra, as well as the prospect of staying up for at least a season, and perhaps doing a Charlton, Wigan, West Ham, or Birmingham (mmmm.... perhaps not quite Birmingham!!). At present the club is only just staying together.

The sorry state of affairs - this club is imploding - from the argumentative pedants to the bigoted tub thumpers - its a sad reflection of our club. People  are pulling in all different directions - and the most prominent display of this is out there on the pitch. (Before everyone starts hopping replying quick sharp, I am not trying to lay any blame anywhere - I am just drawing the parallels between the fans off the pitch, and the players and the management on it).

I cannot propose a solution at the minute. I dont really think there is an instant remedy (maybe ban Rant et al ?), but I cant help feel so disillusioned and disappointed with the way things are going.  Grrrrr.