Sign in to follow this  
overthebordercanary

Line of Duty

An interesting faux pas, Call of Duty is a computer game. The TV show is Line of Duty. Friends in the Police tell me it's good fun but not the real Policing that the makers want people to believe. Treat it as a drama and not a documentary is the best way to watch it. 

Last nights series opener was a bit clunky but still good fun, will enjoy seeing how it progresses.

Edited by A Load of Squit

It has been the best series on TV for a long time. Chernobyl was the best one off. And last night has whetted my appetite. I guess this will be the last.

Then I have Peterloo to watch. I missed it first time around and it is one of the moments in British history that has moulded my politics.

7 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Chernobyl was the best one off.

I agree KG, in fact it is the best, TV series, mini-series, docu drama, drama or whatever you genre you can name, in my humble opinion.

I have read and watched plenty about Chernobyl and apart from one or two obvious dramatisations (I refer to one as the 1 to 1 conversations involving Legasov and the KGB fellow, and Scherbina etc) it encapsulated the enormity of the disaster without bogging the viewer down in the technical and science. What I also enjoyed was the small details of everyday life in the USSR 30 plus years ago, "staggeringly good interpretation" was what one Lithuanian friend of mine described it as, and Lithuanians in my experience are not prone to unnecessary superlatives.

PS Line of Duty was good last night, I would class the the first episode as a foundation layer.

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

PS Line of Duty was good last night, I would class the the first episode as a foundation layer.

A slow burner? I have been looking forward to it and refreshed my memory with the last couple of series, maybe I had been expecting too much, I’m sure it will pick up. I’ll still probably watch the episode again, I always miss a few pointers if I only watch it the once.😁

Yeah first episode seemed a bit of a slow burner- Kelly McDonald's character seems interesting and not a black and white 'bent copper.' 

Very weird getting used to Kate not being in AC12 though and the first episode didn't have enough Ted. 

There's been so many references back to incidents in previous series that I think they should give us all revision tips at the end of each episode.

Something along the lines of "In preparation for next weeks episode we recommend watching series X episode n and series Y episode n".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

There's been so many references back to incidents in previous series that I think they should give us all revision tips at the end of each episode.

Something along the lines of "In preparation for next weeks episode we recommend watching series X episode n and series Y episode n".

Well at least they are mentioning H again, which was the whole point of the series.

43 minutes ago, king canary said:

OK so who is Davidson related to??? The cliffhanger is killing me.

Paul Lambert

1 hour ago, king canary said:

OK so who is Davidson related to??? The cliffhanger is killing me.

Ryan Pilkington is our guess KC. Would make it really interesting wouldn't it!

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Ryan Pilkington is our guess KC. Would make it really interesting wouldn't it!

Would be although I'm kind of expecting it to be someone from a previous series as they seem to be making sure they all link together- Tommy Hunter or Dot Cotton maybe!

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Would be although I'm kind of expecting it to be someone from a previous series as they seem to be making sure they all link together- Tommy Hunter or Dot Cotton maybe!

It has to be someone we've have forgotten. They are alluding that it has to be somebody of real authority Sunday's episode was tremendous and I don't know whether to watch the last two episodes back to back.

31 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It has to be someone we've have forgotten. They are alluding that it has to be somebody of real authority Sunday's episode was tremendous and I don't know whether to watch the last two episodes back to back.

I feel like they are so heavily hinting that the PCC guy is corrupt that it has to be red herring. 

2 hours ago, king canary said:

I feel like they are so heavily hinting that the PCC guy is corrupt that it has to be red herring. 

I must admit, I thought it was him.

On 19/04/2021 at 10:00, keelansgrandad said:

Jumped out of my seat when I saw " definately". Is it Hastings?

I didn't spot that!

On 19/04/2021 at 10:00, keelansgrandad said:

Jumped out of my seat when I saw " definately". Is it Hastings?

You've lost me there KG? 

47 minutes ago, Van wink said:

You've lost me there KG? 

Wasn't there,something about that spelling in an earlier series? The mistake caught my  eye then got the old cogs whirring, deja vu or early onset dementia? You decide!!

10 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wasn't there,something about that spelling in an earlier series? The mistake caught my  eye then got the old cogs whirring, deja vu or early onset dementia? You decide!!

Very sneaky attempt at distraction. You are H and I claim my £50,000.

5 hours ago, horsefly said:

Very sneaky attempt at distraction. You are H and I claim my £50,000.

If I knew who H was.......I'd be dead  by now. 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

If I knew who H was.......I'd be dead  by now. 

Exactly the sort of thing H would say. Get that £50 grand out of the attic, convert it to untraceable Waterstone's vouchers, and send them to PO Box 666, or else I'm spilling the beans.

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Exactly the sort of thing H would say. Get that £50 grand out of the attic, convert it to untraceable Waterstone's vouchers, and send them to PO Box 666, or else I'm spilling the beans.

Nice try, but my years of experience  tell me that you are just monitoring my pupil dilation to see .... a) that I am rattled  by your accusation  or b) related to Davidson.  

Either way my gaze is focused on a spot on the wall and I'll  reply " no comment" to all your questions. I'm  definately  not H though 😉. Though like Hastings,  my surname  does begin with an H. 

The plot thickens.

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nice try, but my years of experience  tell me that you are just monitoring my pupil dilation to see .... a) that I am rattled  by your accusation  or b) related to Davidson.  

Either way my gaze is focused on a spot on the wall and I'll  reply " no comment" to all your questions. I'm  definately  not H though 😉. Though like Hastings,  my surname  does begin with an H. 

The plot thickens.

Time for you to spend a few days/weeks in a cell. Some time spent in the company a butch prison officer and a boiling kettle might just unfix that steely gaze.

7 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Time for you to spend a few days/weeks in a cell. Some time spent in the company a butch prison officer and a boiling kettle might just unfix that steely gaze.

How do you  think I got this steely gaze, a few months in the H blocks in the seventies was my training.