Sign in to follow this  
mannings bandy legs

Footballers and haircuts.☹

Not being totally serious,but am I the only one who is a little bit peeved that when the majority of us who don't have a partner trained in the art of hairstyling are left looking like something thats been dragged thru a bush backwards,most footballers,with their perfect barnets and outlandish designer cuts are obviously visiting illegal stylists.Or do they all have hairdressers as partners!!✂️✂️🤣🤣

My partner is quite artistic so I gambled that she'd do a decent job. Now saves me 30 quid a month and won't be going back to a barber 👍

Feel bad for those who are relying on barbers though.

Edited by kick it off

You must be talking about Pogba who every match Man Utd are on the tellybox has a new outrageous style and colour with today being no exception.

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

My partner is quite artistic so I gambled that she'd do a decent job. Now saves me 30 quid a month and won't be going back to a barber 👍

30 quid a month?! £8 down Magdalen Street sorts me out. Or a trip to Ingenious Scissors for the full Turkish Shave as a treat a few times a year. My missus has been dealing with it with clippers for now, but I'll revert to type once things open up again.

I thought I heard on the Farke interview with junior canaries that Hanley and Hugill were the most important members of the squad as they could do haircuts. Not sure being designated 'barbers' also meant they could 'give you something for the weekend' mind.

The ongoing lockdown style seems to be clipped back and sides, with a hack round on top. Not that difficult really.

Being the tight bar steward I am, and having been doing my own hair for 20 odd years (it's actually not that hard 🤷‍♂️), lockdown has left me looking the same sharp, sexy **** I was before.....😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, kick it off said:

£30 a month? Blimey kio, that is going some. Can I ask what style sits upon your head to warrant that amount of money, or do you indeed, get 'something for the weekend' included in the price? 😉 ?

I pay £11 approx every 4-5 weeks, but that doesn't mean I am at the cutting (!) edge of fashion, faaarrrrrr from it 🙂 

18 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I bought some clippers,but can't pluck up the courage to let my other half loose with them. Hav'nt got a lot on top,but I like what I do have!!!!!!🤪

I let my wife clip mine a few years ago and she forgot to put the guard on to give me a number 2 all over and I had a small section of number 0 😆 

Needless to say that's the last time she's done my hair 🤦

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

£30 a month? Blimey kio, that is going some. Can I ask what style sits upon your head to warrant that amount of money, or do you indeed, get 'something for the weekend' included in the price? 😉 ?

I pay £11 approx every 4-5 weeks, but that doesn't mean I am at the cutting (!) edge of fashion, faaarrrrrr from it 🙂 

I live in quite an expensive part of the country so it's £15 a pop here. That's a bog standard barber too (ironically both the most expensive and least skilled barber I've had in a long while but pretty much all the barbershops are **** here so it's best of a bad bunch). My hair is pretty short and looks awful if I let it grow out so I get it cut once a fortnight. Nothing particularly fashionable about my trim, it's just that cuz it's short, it's messy when it grows for longer than a fortnight (hence the fact that I go to the crap barber rather than going further afield, can't be bothered to go to the better one in the nearest city when it's that frequent.)

Edited by kick it off

52 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Blimey, I hope you meant you used to have it cut every week ?

For £30 a pop I'd want a massive ego massage as well as some others probably....😀

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I let my wife clip mine a few years ago and she forgot to put the guard on to give me a number 2 all over and I had a small section of number 0 😆 

Needless to say that's the last time she's done my hair 🤦

I used to have a 2 all over and i used to do it myself. I made that mistake. Took a HUGE strip out the centre of my head on 0 so had to zero the whole lot. Was particularly savage looking and my mates took the **** for months, long after it had grown back out

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

I bought some clippers,but can't pluck up the courage to let my other half loose with them. Hav'nt got a lot on top,but I like what I do have!!!!!!🤪

There's one or two on here who haven't got a lot up top but how they stand follicly I wouldn't know 😉

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

30 quid a month?! £8 down Magdalen Street sorts me out. Or a trip to Ingenious Scissors for the full Turkish Shave as a treat a few times a year. My missus has been dealing with it with clippers for now, but I'll revert to type once things open up again.

Unfortunately I'm not resident in the fine city and cost of living round here is a chunk more.

6 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I usually pay a tenner for a haircut every 4-6 weeks. I've been five-and-a-bit months now and I look like a ****.

But as for the players, they've been using loopholes to get barbers into training grounds, haven't they?

Apparently because the games are all broadcast live, they can employ hairdressers currently in the same way TV shows do, like you say but of a loophole. 

No3 all over seems to do the trick for me.

I tried walking around in a trackie with giant headphones on and I tried doing a knee slide in the garden and then a twerk or something but it put the wildlife off.

Edited by keelansgrandad

I'm not averse to side/centre-parting mine and letting it grow longer, somewhere near shoulder length down the back. Just a bit of a problem when playing football, so it's Alice band time and a bit of pomade.

On 21/03/2021 at 19:16, kick it off said:

I live in quite an expensive part of the country so it's £15 a pop here. That's a bog standard barber too (ironically both the most expensive and least skilled barber I've had in a long while but pretty much all the barbershops are **** here so it's best of a bad bunch). My hair is pretty short and looks awful if I let it grow out so I get it cut once a fortnight. Nothing particularly fashionable about my trim, it's just that cuz it's short, it's messy when it grows for longer than a fortnight (hence the fact that I go to the crap barber rather than going further afield, can't be bothered to go to the better one in the nearest city when it's that frequent.)

I get the haircut, cut throat razor shave, the ear hairs removed by fire, and the wax sticks up the nostril for £17 all in.

Can't wait until they reopen. The Turk who does it did offer me an illegal lockdown trim at his house but I opted against, a lot of people locally seem to be suspiciously well groomed though. 

I've got a suspicion that the barbers shop serves a secondary function as a front for cleaning dodgy money though, so that may subsidise my haircut somewhat. The owner has four shops in a half a mile radius with identical decor. One is rammed full of barbers, but the other three always have just one at a time on but three or four chairs in each. So why would you have three shops which each have one barber, instead of putting all three of them in a single shop? Shady. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

I do agree a lot of people seem suspiciously well groomed! I know the Norwich squad have a resident barber, might keep him busy whilst he's recovering with his ankle

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I get the haircut, cut throat razor shave, the ear hairs removed by fire, and the wax sticks up the nostril for £17 all in.

I've got a suspicion that the barbers shop serves a secondary function as a front for cleaning dodgy money though, so that may subsidise my haircut somewhat. The owner has four shops in a half a mile radius with identical decor. One is rammed full of barbers, but the other three always have just one at a time on but three or four chairs in each. So why would you have three shops which each have one barber, instead of putting all three of them in a single shop? Shady. 

Reminds me of those Aberdeen Steak Houses in central London. Been there for decades but never seem to have any customers. If they are dodgy no one's been able to prove anything but I think they're now on the verge of bankruptcy so may disappear soon. I'll be sad to see them go.

Your description of what they do to you at the barbers says their secondary function must be S & M 😀

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Can't wait until they reopen. The Turk who does it did offer me an illegal lockdown trim at his house but I opted against, a lot of people locally seem to be suspiciously well groomed though. 

I’d say nail bars are a more likely candidate for money laundering.

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

I’d say nail bars are a more likely candidate for money laundering.

And hand car washes, and mobile phone accessory shops. Both commonly used as front businesses.

Presumably nail bars is where the Triads launder, don't see many Turkish nail bars! 

Anything which can turn a business into something which looks vaguely like a real business is a contender.

I've seen a very run down street with 8 mobile phone accessory shops, and went in one once and it was full of phone cases for 10 year old phones, the chap behind the counter didn't really speak English. It makes no sense. People buy phone cases from Amazon. Even if every person in a 5 mile radius decided to purchase a phone case from a local shop it still wouldn't generate enough turnover to support them all. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Mobile phone accessory shops is an odd one, there was an influx of them about 10 years ago, and even now you still see them popping up. A bit odd given there probably isn't much of a high street market for it anymore, unless they use the shop as a base to sell online perhaps. A few I've seen in the city offer repair services for massively over inflated prices. Sadly people probably cough up for it

There's a dog grooming place in our village, signs blocking up the whole front window and I don't think I've ever seen a light on or anyone going in or out. I  have my suspicions...