Sign in to follow this  
nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

Is flying on holiday a danger to public health?

With people clambering to spend their money on a holiday again, hoping that they get a much talked about vaccine passport, not just a fancy stamp in their passport saying that they had this years jab, is it responsible for airlines, who's planes have not changed technically to exchange air in mid flight, to once again spread the latest mutations of covid by bringing it back from holiday.

Covid was spread by thes airlines we have bailed out with billions to mothball these polluting machines, flying around the earth on heavily subsidised fuels. It was the business travellers and frequent fliers who'd done it for us, not that this would appear in a Sun headline, nothing else. And now that the 21.June looms in people's mind, many a billion spent in advance, flights booked without having any secure means to guarantee that only vaccinated people are chasing the sunlit hols of their dreams, what should those who are staying here and awaiting the return of freshly infected 'victims' of the darn EU/world resorts think about such foolish undertaking?

We all have passports and get a small, UN-STAMPED AT THE SECOND JAB, card when we are vaccinated, so why go through the motions to very likely try and sell us another vaxID that will be faked and sold the moment it is issued. If airlines are able to check vaccination records, just names and completion, not address and or any other personal info, they would have the means to verify a completed vaccination and dates when it happened. Maybe that would be too complicated as there is NO national, only regional vaccination data collection.

Since holidays are more important than pets to some, why else would they abandon them for a 2 week holiday, this issue should be one of much debate. Debate away.....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Soon find out, plenty of Germans heading to Spain for Easter

This worries me a lot!

If Europe is to have another big wave we need to isolate ourselves from it. We’ve already sacrificed too much

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

This worries me a lot!

If Europe is to have another big wave we need to isolate ourselves from it. We’ve already sacrificed too much

Got to say it surprises me.

Think it is annoying lots of the Spanish too as they are not allowed to move between the autonomous regions so the well off Madrilenos (etc) that have holiday homes on the coast can't use them but Germans can fly in to the region and holiday there.

Seems strange to me..............

14 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

He will first be isolating coming from Teneriffa.

Yes

We are in Iceland. I  think he has to test in Tenerife and present his certificate at the border back in Iceland. Then test again at the border, isolate for 5 days then take another test 

If all tests are negative, he can end quarantine 

• Like 1

Close the goddamn borders and get us back to normal. Anyone coming into the country has a 2 week mandatory isolation period at their own expense. Nobody "needs" a foreign holiday, people should stay in the UK and give our own tourism industry a massive boost. We don't need to be importing whatever horrendous new strains are breeding on the continent right now, if the EU can't get their house in order and get their populations vaccinated that's their issue.

It should have all been done 12 months ago, its all a bit too late.

Whilst i don't think anyone needs to travel in the current climate, at some point we have to test how well the vaccinations have worked and whether it is the answer.

If it isn't then i doubt many airlines, travel companies, hotels and restautants, pubs...will exist this time next year if we have not returned to some sense of normailty.