cambridgeshire canary

Gibson stretchered off- Serious injury

Yikes, looked very nasty. If there ever a time for an injury it's before an international break, but that did not look good at all. Let's hope it's not as bad as it looks

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, pearsos said:

Looks like ligaments to me, nasty and could be out for a while, sadly

Shh you're not allowed to talk about injuries outside of a match thread 😉

7 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Thanks for this, never noticed

Yeah, wondered what was happening, I thought he was just being lazy, being carried on a stretcher ,just because he was subbed.😇

• Haha 2

His ankle was at a terrible angle (Paddy Davitt tweet). So probably very serious ligament damage at best. Could be two/three months to get back to full fitness? Think therefore his season appears over. 😔

6 minutes ago, sonyc said:

His ankle was at a terrible angle (Paddy Davitt tweet). So probably very serious ligament damage at best. Could be two/three months to get back to full fitness? Think therefore his season appears over. 😔

Zimmerman back to being a regular for the rest of the season then?

panic.png

Just now, All the Germans said:

You genuinely delight at bad news, as it gives you the opportunity to make a sensationalist new headline. You are the Sun.

How am I delighted you utter clown?

8 minutes ago, sonyc said:

What would be the 'at worst', the foot falling off completely? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Bit early for the drama, players roll ankles all the time and doesn't always mean months out.

Iced, boot and check when the swelling goes down 

True, but "terrible angle" doesn't sound good at all, as with the clear worry of club staff.

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Zimmerman back to being a regular for the rest of the season then?

panic.png

How am I delighted you utter clown?

I thought my original message was relatively clear. 

3 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Bit early for the drama, players roll ankles all the time and doesn't always mean months out.

Iced, boot and check when the swelling goes down 

Exactly. That would be the sensible thing to do; to wait and see what the actual situation is but you that wouldn't allow him to shout some sort of sensationalist headline, so we knew what he would do.

39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yikes, looked very nasty. If there ever a time for an injury it's before an international break, but that did not look good at all. Let's hope it's not as bad as it looks

Did you get that info from a distant burning beacon?......A a hastily flagging neighbour telling you with semaphore?.....Or are you on Dial Up?......

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

True, but "terrible angle" doesn't sound good at all, as with the clear worry of club staff.

Agree, but ankles are extremely flexible.

Looked he took a knock on it at the same point in time.

He was actually holding the outside of his foot and that's more worrying as there is a long bone thin from little toe to heel.

7 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Did you get that info from a distant burning beacon?......A a hastily flagging neighbour telling you with semaphore?.....Or are you on Dial Up?......

I'll get back to you when my page has loaded, just plugging in the phone lines

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'll get back to you when my page has loaded, just plugging in the phone lines

On your Spectrum 48K?...... 😉 

7 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

That would be the sensible thing to do; to wait and see what the actual situation is but you that wouldn't allow him to shout some sort of sensationalist headline, so we knew what he would do.

Reminds me what Cambridge did when Buendia was not in the squad for the Forest game. Gave him an excuse to start a ridiculous thread about why he was missing before checking his facts to find out it was because of the birth of his son.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

A break?

Farke's post match comments have said they think Gibson has rolled his ankle so fingers crossed it looked worse than it was.

Edited by overthebordercanary
edit

I rolled mine similarly last week.  Been told to stay off it for 6 weeks as much as possible by my doctor.  Hopefully the sports scientists and expert doctors can sort it out much quicker for Ben

It looked like a ligament injury by the pics and the fact that Gibson seemed reasonably comfortable on the stretcher. Could be weeks, but for me the job is done this season already so the main thing is to have him fit for pre-season. 

A couple of Asprin and a rub down with the Sporting Life and he will be good to go.😀

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

A break?

Pretty sure ligament injuries are the career enders? 

Ashton and Notman for a start? 

Bones simply heal don't they? 

2 hours ago, All the Germans said:

You genuinely delight at bad news, as it gives you the opportunity to make a sensationalist new headline. You are the Sun.

I am the moon

You are the words

i am the tune 

Play me

I'd be OK with 6 weeks. It's a low impact ankle roll, hardly ACL or something. Be a shame if that's his season done though. We need him sharp for the start of next season.

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Dislocation.

I've been witness to a player in a Sunday league game do that. He'd possible broken bones in his leg too, but talk about odd angles... Luckily on my team I had a senior nurse and a consultant from A&E, two members of the xray unit and an ICU doctor all from the N&N. The worst part of the experience was walking over just as they counter 3-2-1 and watched them reset it as they couldn't get a pulse from his foot... as the dislocation had cut off blood supply.

With dislocations you can fracture both your fibula and tibia - and that's what happened to him.
Fibula and Tibial Fracture | Rehab My Patient

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It could be very very serious ligament damage, which is obviously much worse than very serious. Very very serious ligament damage can be career ending at best