Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

No protection from this clown of a ref

Foul after foul. Half of them not given. Easily three bookings not given. For all Blackburn's endeavour in the first half, they've resorted to assault in the second; aided by their assistant in black.

• Like 1

I don't think I've seen worse this season. He has overtaken Hooper that's how bad he is in the league of poor refs. No protection at all. No yellow cards and free kicks given which are not fouls. And a face to turn milk sour.

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I don't think I've seen worse this season. He has overtaken Hooper 

Nope, just not having that, no-one, literally no-one is worse than that utter joke of a man. 

Blackburn player just went through the back of Cantwell. No card?

Didn’t think the ref got too many key decisions wrong - let the game flow....but I have no idea how they managed to get away with no cards given.  

Before I start I have got to say he was not the reason we didn't win - so I don't think this can be classed as sour grapes.

But, looking at his overall performance, he was poor.

Bearing in mind he has been known to wave the cards around, there was several times today when he should have and didn't. Inconstant is the word.

There were several fouls that should have been given - and weren't, and there were several that shouldn't have been - but were. Now, all I put this down to is the fact he's very poorly positioned to see what is going on. Is his fitness up to scratch? Does he need to be better educated about what he should be doing to keep the game and ball in view.

He did nothing to prevent the Blackburn players failing to return the ball, yet when a City player picked another one up, from the sidelines, they wandered back onto the pitch carrying a second ball, which was guaranteed to stop the game - this is another example of where the cards should have come in. One or two yellows here stops it from continuing.

Generally I thought he strolled around, not with a good view of some of the key points of the game - it wasn't a difficult game to handle, but he couldn't even manage that.

I worry what the future holds for the game, when the powers that be accept that as being good enough, there must be plenty who could do a better job than that. The fact that the referees are untouchable - don't have to explain any thing, we don't get to see how they are assessed - just makes matters worse, as we know he'll be appointed to another game next week and the likelihood is he'll be equally as poor. From the fans point of view this is not good enough.

• Like 4

The F.A. Shouldn’t let him anywhere near a whistle. Not sour grapes because we drew because Blackburn deserved a point

Swansea v Cardiff was refereed by Paul Tierney (Premier League ref) and we got that clown. WHY?

Disgraceful the way he was having a laugh with Teemu before the second half started too 😳😳😳

It defies logic that the challenge on Giannoulis was deemed ok, and not worthy of a card, yet we see every week, challenges where the tackler is off his feet, winning the ball first and then catching the other player, and getting a red. It's deemed reckless/out of control. The Blackburn player was in the air, practically facing the opposite direction to the ball. He was totally out of control using the previous logic (Laws) What on earth is the difference between that challenge on Saturday and all the tackling that we see from players who are actually on the grass and making contact with the ball first, where the tackler has to be mindful of how he is tackling, taking into consideration the opposition player's safety?

That was a shocker of a decision 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

It defies logic that the challenge on Giannoulis was deemed ok, and not worthy of a card, yet we see every week, challenges where the tackler is off his feet, winning the ball first and then catching the other player, and getting a red. It's deemed reckless/out of control. The Blackburn player was in the air, practically facing the opposite direction to the ball. He was totally out of control using the previous logic (Laws) What on earth is the difference between that challenge on Saturday and all the tackling that we see from players who are actually on the grass and making contact with the ball first, where the tackler has to be mindful of how he is tackling, taking into consideration the opposition player's safety?

That was a shocker of a decision 

Completely agree, yet there were some people in the match thread, along with Rob Butler on the Radio, saying they didn't see much wrong with it. Bizarre.

• Like 1