Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Agent Cook

It is going under the radar slightly but agent cook has got off to a blinding start down the road

slipping down the league nicely and in fact had left off where Agent Lambert managed to get to. Once he eventually gets found out I am lobbying for them to appoint Agent Russell Martin next 

Uncle Fred we cannot underestimate the contribution Agent Gill has made and is still making.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1

Their obsession with employing anyone who has had any association with Norwich City appears to be paying dividends.

What’s Peter Grant doing these days 

They keep employing managers that are out of work. Simples . 
What have Keane, Jewell, McCarthy , Lambert and Cook all got in common? All Out of work when Mucus came knocking . 

Only one with a job was Hurst. But he was just completely useless so the exception proves the rule. 

Along come Ipswich eh? Portsmouth's form was four losses on the bounce (five if you count the cup match) and then...

Edited by Surfer

League one also rans must be much of a muchness. Fleetwood stuff binners then Swindon stuff Fleetwood. That really is mid-table mediocrity...

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

League one also rans must be much of a muchness. Fleetwood stuff binners then Swindon stuff Fleetwood. That really is mid-table mediocrity...

We have to be pleased that Pompey have appointed the Cowley Brothers (I always want to say Grace Bros at this point...I'm Free!) as they seem to know their way around the lower leagues. It looks at this stage as if Sun'land will get the second auto , so we need a decent side in the plays offs in case the Binners sneak in...

• Like 1

Just reviewed the Top 10 of League One through the eyes of a Binner . It makes interesting reading. 

1 .Hull (Small Club - very little history)  

2. Peterborough (Tiny Club - absolutely no history) 

3. Sunderland (Decent sized Club , some history , probably two stars on shirts. ) 

4 Lincoln. Nice cathedral / biscuits. No history. Microscopic club.

5. Doncaster. Small Club. No history. 

6. Charlton . Fair to middling. No European History so not worth worrying about . 

7. Portsmouth . Higher than average history. 1 star. 

8. Gillingham . See Lincoln - except the bit about the Cathedral and Biscuits. 

9. Ipswich. Enormous Club - sleeping giant. Huge history. 3 stars on shirts. Once had two ex England managers (deceased) , won a European Cup (no longer played for) and a cup at Wembley (since knocked down) . All before most of their 12,000 fans were born. 

10. Blackpool . See Ipswich.(mostly)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Just reviewed the Top 10 of League One through the eyes of a Binner . It makes interesting reading. 

1 .Hull (Small Club - very little history)  

2. Peterborough (Tiny Club - absolutely no history) 

3. Sunderland (Decent sized Club , some history , probably two stars on shirts. ) 

4 Lincoln. Nice cathedral / biscuits. No history. Microscopic club.

5. Doncaster. Small Club. No history. 

6. Charlton . Fair to middling. No European History so not worth worrying about . 

7. Portsmouth . Higher than average history. 1 star. 

8. Gillingham . See Lincoln - except the bit about the Cathedral and Biscuits. 

9. Ipswich. Enormous Club - sleeping giant. Huge history. 3 stars on shirts. Once had two ex England managers (deceased) , won a European Cup (no longer played for) and a cup at Wembley (since knocked down) . All before most of their 12,000 fans were born. 

10. Blackpool . See Ipswich.(mostly)  

You missed out losing 5-0 to Nottingham Forest in their Charity Shield appearance 

Their next 5 games are against teams in the bottom 6. Don't rule out the play offs just yet however unlikely it seems. It really is an awful league 

Special Agent Cook is doing nicely. The odd win to keep the duped happy but never losing track of the bigger picture. Nice solid mid table finish.

9 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Given a nice managerial role has just become available at PNE, Agent Cook may be regretting his move from Wigan to Suffolk? 

That crossed my mind as well and he would not have had to move house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

That crossed my mind as well and he would not have had to move house.

Think he wouldve been in the running for the bristol city job aswell.

So Sunderland are only a decent size club with some history compared to that enormous club with a huge history, Piswich Town. Well Sunderland have been National Champions 6 times, runners up 5 times and FA Cup winners twice. If they were crass enough to have stars on their shirts they would have 8 of them. Compared to the scum they are the huge club who, when they win something, do so more than once unlike that tin pot pile of Sh1te down the A140.

Edited by Crafty Canary
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

So Sunderland are only a decent size club with some history compared to that enormous club with a huge history, Piswich Town. Well Sunderland have been National Champions 6 times, runners up 5 times and FA Cup winners twice. If they were crass enough to have stars on their shirts they would have 8 of them. Compared to the scum they are the huge club who, when they win something, do so more than once unlike that tin pot pile of Sh1te down the A140.

I do hate it when you sit on the fence Crafty 😂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

Cook would have been in the running, that's for sure.

Maybe he still is, would be funny if he jumped ship already 

7 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Maybe he still is, would be funny if he jumped ship already 

As @TIL 1010 pointed out, Cook could do that job in the North West without moving house - could be a real benefit to him & his family? 

Btw: I'm Norwich born & bred, however in the mid-80's when I was offered a HO role by my employers PZ Cussons Imperial Leather in Manchester - I needed to relocate & chose to live just outside Preston. Fabulous memories...