Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Today’s other games

If we carry on doing the business there’s not that much to worry about from behind us, but we should never count our chickens,.

Brentford already a goal to the good - Toney with a penalty.   I’d still like for them to be in the top two with us....not that we have a choice.  Clearly the ‘big’ game at the top today is Swans v Cardiff.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just switched that game on and goal was the first play I saw - my first thought was that it could so easily have been a goal scored by us, precisely ‘our’ sort of play - who says we aren’t built for the PL?!

Brentford and Swansea, kosher or not, are running at about a penalty per game at the moment aren't they?

I'm literally crying into the 10 point lead we've got.

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Brentford and Swansea, kosher or not, are running at about a penalty per game at the moment aren't they?

I'm literally crying into the 10 point lead we've got.

It's rather amusing given we have not had a pen in any of our winning run matches yet seems every other team in the table has!

Most of these penalties Swansea and Brentford keep getting 'awarded' just plain arent penalties.

Just glad we've got the cushion we have as it would be incredibly frustating watching these teams being gifted goal after goal by officials game after game

Can't see much wrong with the penalty they got today, but you don't always see them given by refs. We wouldn't expect them to drop points against forest anyway so 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's rather amusing given we have not had a pen in any of our winning run matches yet seems every other team in the table has!

....Stoke?🙂

• Haha 1

Don't count Blues out vs Watford today. Watford should have way too much for them but Blues beat Reading mid-week in Bowyer's first game in charge so that new manager bounce might keep them rolling today. Hope so!

New manager bounce for Brum might be nice - think their away form is actually much better than home.  Only just noticed the binners are playing now, at Pompey - maybe they’ll get the new manager bounce as well.

25 minutes ago, AJ said:

Can't see much wrong with the penalty they got today, but you don't always see them given by refs. We wouldn't expect them to drop points against forest anyway so 🤷🏻‍♂️

I mentioned in the Capt tom thread, that, because of the penalty awarded in the Brentford game, that there will be a record number awarded today, as there are plenty of those sort of tussles every single time at corners. The Ref seemed to indicate a judo type throw to the floor, which it plainly wasn't, and plenty not given for a lot worse. Not a pen for me, but hey ho

32 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

REDMOND WONDERGOALLLL!

What has that game got to do with the Championship which i assumed was the object of the thread title ? Who gives a flying fig about the FA Cup and Bournemouth are not in the same street as us if they were what you are concerning yourself with.

26 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

New manager bounce for Brum might be nice - think their away form is actually much better than home.  Only just noticed the binners are playing now, at Pompey - maybe they’ll get the new manager bounce as well.

Currently 1-1

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

This thread was meant to be about today’s other games...seems fair enough to comment on any that are going on

Oh Ok well Stevenage are 1-0 up at home to Carlisle and Orient and Newport is currently 0-0. 😜

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Forest have equalised at Brentford.

What was Cautious Chris thinking? I thought he'd be playing for the 1-0 defeat...

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh Ok well Stevenage are 1-0 up at home to Carlisle and Orient and Newport is currently 0-0. 😜

Good old Stevenage👍🙂

• Like 1

I already have take Brentford out of the equation for us.

For me, if either Swansea or Brentford drop points today and we don't then it's a straight shootout with Watford.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

What has that game got to do with the Championship which i assumed was the object of the thread title ? Who gives a flying fig about the FA Cup and Bournemouth are not in the same street as us if they were what you are concerning yourself with.

That Bournemouth play in the Championship and might still get into the playoffs and hence go up with us?

I do hope that for society's sake your police career was beat and not CID 🙂 

Forest look better than Brentford. With another ref this is a different game.

Really soft penalty. You can see why it's given but you'll be giving 10 a game if that contact is always a penalty. Raya just handled it outside the box, by a good few inches, and the ref bottled it.

We'd be champions already if we had the assistance Brentford and Swansea seem to get.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I already have take Brentford out of the equation for us.

For me, if either Swansea or Brentford drop points today and we don't then it's a straight shootout with Watford.

So you haven't taken Brentford out of the equation then? 😉 

I like to see other teams nearest to us, drop points, play badly etc, so we can win this League by a country mile (Plus, when it comes to Brentford, perhaps poke one or two people in the eye, who thought they were the Bees knees not that long ago). They have not dominated this game at all (but may still win against a very average Forest team), and to drop points against Derby, having had, in their managers's own words, one of their best ever halves of football, show's a weakness that can only help us, on many levels, either this season, or next (if they come up with us)