Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Soto

I guess he needs time to get used to the NCFC way. New systems and all that jazz 

• Like 1

He's played a handful of senior games.

The expectation from some that he'd be going straight into our first team squad was pretty far fetched

• Like 2

I’d expected him to start ripping up trees in the u23s but that hasn’t really happened. 

55 minutes ago, WD40 said:

I’d expected him to start ripping up trees in the u23s but that hasn’t really happened. 

In fairness he was injured for fixtures and then he’s been whisked away on international duty. I think we have a top prospect, but that is all he is right now a prospect. We all need to afford him the same time and patience, remember he has now only just moved to Norwich and started training there regularly, it’s going to take a bit for him to get re settled after going from Germany to Holland to England in side 6 months!

• Like 1

We shall see when he’s fully fit and given a chance in the full team. Given he’s 20 and a full international I’m certainly not writing him off, in fact I’d still wager he’ll become a regular soon.

As for those writing him off how poor was Kane till he got his first team chance at Spurs?

I think this is the result of fans' unrealistically high expectations rather than anything else. The highest level he has played at is the Dutch second tier and he was hardly going to come into our first team squad and start challenging Pukki straight away. 

It was just a cheap punt on a player who might come good in a year or two, and even if he doesn't we could sell him on for a profit. A bit like Sinani, who some on here were tipping to replace Buendia...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This. Same, expected much but could not even hit a barn door against kids

Flip flop, flip flop. Try to not state a player is amazing and the next Messi upon a hint of potential and then equally do not slate them when they do not live up to your mad expectations. Come to the middle, it's much more sensible.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Flip flop, flip flop. Try to not state a player is amazing and the next Messi upon a hint of potential and then equally do not slate them when they do not live up to your mad expectations. Come to the middle, it's much more sensible.

I'm still hoping he comes good obviously

He's still young but clearly they like his potential and wanted to work with him here. Farke made it pretty abundantly clear the wasn't expecting him to break into the first team any time soon. Give the boy time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

A few years ago I watched a young tennis player develop at a tennis club I was at and he was considered a great prospect. He then got a coach who wanted him to play differently - and the player's form dropped right off, he started hitting everything out, his whole game struggled. People started questioning his ability, his committment etc etc - yet it was clear when you spoke to him that he believed in what his coach was telling him and after about six months, all those shots he made that went out started to drop in and he went from strength to strength. He went on to be a professional tennis player/coach himself.  His coach had taken his game and shaken it up, demanded more and got it.  But it took a while.

I like to think that our club coaches do the same kind of thing with our players, get them in, get them thinking in the right way and if necessary make them take one step back and rebuild them in a way that will make them much better players than they might have been.  Every player is different, but Soto strikes me as one of those that is bursting with talent but may have a lot of redevelopment to do.  With his obvious talent, it may be that everything will click into place somehwere down the line - and again, with the talent he has shown in his youth, he may make a huge impact once things do "click".  Exciting prospect.

5 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

What has happened to him , thought he would do well for us 

He's so good that Farke thinks it would just be too unfair to unleash him on the opposition this season. He want's to win the championship comfortably without totally taking the p!ss

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How many times have you watched him play? If wasn't long ago you were gagging for him to be in the first team.

Jesus wept.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

What has happened to him , thought he would do well for us 

Not a dig, but on what evidence did you base your opinion of him "doing well for us"? 

Of course, he still can go on to do well for us 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ken Hairy