9 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Probably flying cars by then 😬

Electric powered jet packs only by then

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Jubs has been hanging around this forum for a few years now. 

I think he secretly wants to become a fully fledged canary, but is afraid to take the first steps...

First up: remove all the pictures of tractors and your sister from your bedroom wall. Take down all the black and white photos of 1p5wich winning something, then try on some yellow socks and see how you feel. 

Enough is enough Jubs, it really is time to stop torturing yourself. Good luck! 

Haha Fuzz, I was going to post something in the same vein, but you beat me too, and probably put it better.

Come on Jubs, you know you want to!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Haha Fuzz, I was going to post something in the same vein, but you beat me too, and probably put it better.

Come on Jubs, you know you want to!

All he needs is a second account to log in with and no one would know 😬

Do it Jub, you know it makes sense to cross that border and join up.

Less stress, less dust on the family heirlooms, more friends to chat to at games (when we go back) and a brighter coloured shirt that make you feel happy as yellow is a happy colour ☀️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bill said:

You need someone running the club with a longer term strategy.

For my part it looks like Evans has simply appointed managers with a promotion or two on the CV, and then left them to it - having CEO's like Clegg and Milne hasn't helped either.

You need to address why your youth players are reaching the first team and not progressing further, as with Godfrey, Lewis, Aarons and Cantwell, or why you haven't produced a first team keeper since 2005.

This not about things being cyclical.

Previously both clubs had much the same set up, and much the same attendances. Whereas over the past decade you have regressed as much as we have progressed - and there is every sign that divergence will only continue,

At the moment I suggest the change of ownership that is needed is being hampered by Evans not getting the offers that he thinks the club is worth. Or probably nearer the truth, what he thinks he is owed.

And until that position changes I don't think your club's fortunes will change much either

Why is Bill nicer to Ipswich fans than he is to Norwich fans?

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

I'm sure it's just a temporary blip SS.

1 hour ago, astro said:

All those being friendly to the binner have obviously not had to support us through the years of them being the more successful club. By all means become friends with the binners, let the tables turn and they become more successful than us, then watch your olive branch turn into thorns.
Scum and always will be. 

I think you have to go back to 1985 before you reach a time when they were consistently better than us. So basically any City supporter under the age of 45 doesn't really understand what it was like before then. I suppose that's why their forum is called Those Were The Days. 

What consistently amazes me is that the 2 periods of over achievement in their history under Ramsey and Robson have led to delusions of grandeur which holds their club back. They have already convinced Paul Cook that there is something special about Ipswich. There isn't. In fact the last 20 years could be best described as grubby 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, South Sider said:

😅😅😅

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think you have to go back to 1985 before you reach a time when they were consistently better than us. So basically any City supporter under the age of 45 doesn't really understand what it was like before then. I suppose that's why their forum is called Those Were The Days. 

What consistently amazes me is that the 2 periods of over achievement in their history under Ramsey and Robson have led to delusions of grandeur which holds their club back. They have already convinced Paul Cook that there is something special about Ipswich. There isn't. In fact the last 20 years could be best described as grubby 

The last 20 years have certainly been grubby and 1985 was definitely the turning point. I was born in 1962 and we were in their shadow (as they love to tell me) for the bulk of my early years to 1985 as they massively overachieved under Sir Alf & Bobby. We had some notable victories against them during this time but in the league they were stronger. But then came 1985 and that huge two legged semi final in the league cup which at the time was billed as one of the most important game in our histories. That bullet header by Brucie was significant leading to us winning the trophy for a second time. Since then, they like us in my early years, have had their moments (2000-2002) but we have had the upper hand more and more as the years have progressed. And now we are probably going to be two leagues ahead of them in a few weeks time. 

I'm surrounded by Ipswich supporters as I live close to Ipswich and I keep telling them it is closer to the end of the Second World War (36 years) than too today (40 years) when they last won a trophy (1981) and since then there has been nothing but a steady overall decline in their status and fortunes. On top of that they have an enormous debt with hardly any assets and we own our ground, training ground, have significant player assets and are self funded. The gulf just gets wider every year. 

My son who was  born in 1992 has little rivalry spirit towards them as he has rarely seen them beat us and for most of his life we have been in a higher league. I know adult Ipswich supporters who were not old enough to remember their team beating us. All they talk about is that magnificent draw in 2015 in the play offs. 

I'm more than content to see them disappear to face Kings Lynn on a regular basis and we then make Colchester or Peterborough our main local rivals but we all know that it can change so quickly as it did for us in 2010. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mutley said:

The last 20 years have certainly been grubby and 1985 was definitely the turning point. I was born in 1962 and we were in their shadow (as they love to tell me) for the bulk of my early years to 1985 as they massively overachieved under Sir Alf & Bobby. We had some notable victories against them during this time but in the league they were stronger. But then came 1985 and that huge two legged semi final in the league cup which at the time was billed as one of the most important game in our histories. That bullet header by Brucie was significant leading to us winning the trophy for a second time. Since then, they like us in my early years, have had their moments (2000-2002) but we have had the upper hand more and more as the years have progressed. And now we are probably going to be two leagues ahead of them in a few weeks time. 

I'm surrounded by Ipswich supporters as I live close to Ipswich and I keep telling them it is closer to the end of the Second World War (36 years) than too today (40 years) when they last won a trophy (1981) and since then there has been nothing but a steady overall decline in their status and fortunes. On top of that they have an enormous debt with hardly any assets and we own our ground, training ground, have significant player assets and are self funded. The gulf just gets wider every year. 

My son who was  born in 1992 has little rivalry spirit towards them as he has rarely seen them beat us and for most of his life we have been in a higher league. I know adult Ipswich supporters who were not old enough to remember their team beating us. All they talk about is that magnificent draw in 2015 in the play offs. 

I'm more than content to see them disappear to face Kings Lynn on a regular basis and we then make Colchester or Peterborough our main local rivals but we all know that it can change so quickly as it did for us in 2010. 

I'm looking forward to Wes at 40ish scoring for Cambridge against them next year. The nightmare continues. He has the muscle memory for it against them.

Edited by Yellow Fever

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

It is probably one of his other log ins.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I'm looking forward to Wes at 40ish scoring for Cambridge against them next year. The nightmare continues. He has the muscle memory for it against them.

Yes, that will be wonderful! 

As for you JUBWICKS having nearly 60 years of supporting Norwich under my belt i have no sympathy whatsoever for your plight. Why you have come on here trying to smoke the pipe of peace goodness knows but just shows that even our forum has way more class and tolerance than TWTD as whenever one of us attempts to post on it abuse and a ban sharply follows.

I despise your club and everything to do with it, the grubby town, the fans, the pubs just everything.

• Like 2

I don't have to like Ipswich, but I can have some sympathy with a club that's underachieving due to owners/managers that don't give a **** or are completely ignorant of the business. We've had our share of those to our detriment in the not-too-distant past and are fortunate that our current owners have recruited/planned wisely for our current model to yield the fruits it is - in stark contrast to what's going on at Ipswich.

And the beauty of such derbies is that as much as we often despise the other team, I'd always say that there's a certain hassliebe involved. Such rivalries help keep us on our toes. Such rivalries keep us sharp. Such rivalries stop us from being complacent and help give us focus.

But as far as I'm concerned, what's on the pitch stays there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, astro said:

All those being friendly to the binner have obviously not had to support us through the years of them being the more successful club. By all means become friends with the binners, let the tables turn and they become more successful than us, then watch your olive branch turn into thorns.
Scum and always will be. 

Some seem to forget last time we played the binmen a section of their fans very much enjoyed chanting about Fashanu hanging.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

You'll be out of business by then.

Portman Road will probably become a block of flats or some allotments, or just somewhere for dog walkers to let their pets empty their bowels.

What an ignorant remark to make, I remember the days when NCFC were in a similar position having to be re-elected to Division 3 South.  Hate to see teams go under

Next derby day?  Which one? Colchester? Cambridge? After all, it has got to the stage where our two clubs are so far apart in the way they are set up that it is hard to even consider a Norwich/Ipswich match as a derby at all.  I dare say things will change again at some point, but at the moment, the privelege of playing us is like the rest of the story of ITFC.......ancient history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is probably one of his other log ins.

yes, my other login is called.......................Bill

you are not very bright are you plod ?

oh, and South Sider is hand crank, I know as he changed from one of his other logins to South Sider a few years back, maybe if you were allowed to do a bit more than point duty you would have learnt how to work things out, even if they are the most glaringly obvious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMiKyfd6hA0

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Yep, I'm 45 I have no living knowledge of them being a successful club, and only about 2 of those years where they were in a division higher than us. 

Always been a tinpot club in my lifetime