Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Todays injury news- Ruup out for Blackburn

All taken from todays press conference, thread will be updated as news comes in

'Lukas Rupp will miss the game with a hamstring strain. Adam Idah today had hernia surgery and we hope to have him back pretty soon after the international break. Emi Buendia was not available in the last matchday squad, following the good news of the birth of his new baby Giovanni, but he is back in the available and he is good spirits.'

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

All taken from todays press conference, thread will be updated as news comes in

'Lukas Rupp will miss the game with a hamstring strain. Adam Idah today had hernia surgery and we hope to have him back pretty soon after the international break. Emi Buendia was not available in the last matchday squad, following the good news of the birth of his new baby Giovanni, but he is back in the available and he is good spirits.'

Dowell central and Buendia on the right then?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Dowell central and Buendia on the right then?

team.png

I imagine it will be similar to my team prediction in the predictons thread. Just with Mclean instead of Rupp? Would not mind seeing Sorenson though.

Kenny and Skipp were both looking a little leggy on Weds towards the 70 minute mark. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of them drop to the bench for Sorenson. Dowell in the 10 sounds right though.

As mad as it sounds that might be for the best if it means Dowell can push on and get the number 10 position locked down. I feel for Rupp, he is a good little player, but Dowell is our long term priority, and it’s essential he gets a run of games in behind Pukki.

Vrancic not in the running for 10, its Stiepi, Dowell and Sorensen.  Don't see Jacob as 10 maybe in DM in place of Kenny or Olly

23 minutes ago, pete said:

Vrancic not in the running for 10, its Stiepi, Dowell and Sorensen.  Don't see Jacob as 10 maybe in DM in place of Kenny or Olly

Just another way of saying “it’s Dowell”

• Haha 1

You need imo a steadying kind of player in a Farkeball team - such as Stieperman, Rupp or Vrancic - who give a touch of stabilty amongst all the movement.  Dowell/Cantwell/Buendia just may be too fluid even for us.  Happy to be wrong, but balance is the key imo and if Stiepermann is fit, would be happy to see him start, or Vrancic.

I agree that we need a touch of stability-I’m not sure that Crazy Legs Stiepermann is that player though 😄 

• Like 1

Really feel for Rupp, just broken into the 10 role and given 2 or 3 good performances in there, 2 assists in the first 20 minutes for him as well, then an injury hits. Farke made it sound not so serious and a result of load due to the fixtures being cramped in rather than a serious injury. Hope he's back for the rest of the run in soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I imagine it will be similar to my team prediction in the predictons thread. Just with Mclean instead of Rupp? Would not mind seeing Sorenson though.

So you did not have McLean in your starting line up ? Interesting indeed.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Surprised he's not been loaned out yet

Get real Cambridgeo, he has a hernia , needs an op. It would be beyond stupid to send him  on loan. 

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

team.png

We just playing 10 men to start with?

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Should still be enough to win. 

It's only fair, we won't let them play Tommy Trybull, so we agreed to only play with 10. 

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Surprised he's not been loaned out yet

I agree, in hindsight it would have made more sense.

That's another hammy issue for Rupp. Hope it's not an indicator of something more deep-rooted but considering the extremely bad injury he had at Hoffenheim which basically ended his time there then we'll have to wait and see. He's been consistently very good this season and has shut a hell of a lot of doubters now he's come into a team that's more at ease with itself.

Dowell deserves a start after that Forest show. I really want to see Sorensen get a gig in defensive midfield from the start, Farke's been drip-feeding him experience in that position off the bench so clearly has an eye on him.