Sign in to follow this  

The difference that lad has made to our side has been amazing.

And to think he's only 20.

Will be interesting to see whether he's yet good enough for the PL week in week out but he's certainly been a class act in the Championship.

Spurs are woeful at the moment, change of manager on the horizon sooner rather than later.  Who knows if that helps us keep him but surely he’s good enough for game time at Spurs next season. 

Basically created both of our goals and seems to get better and better.

Spurs are awful, but he won't solve their bigger problems. He's probably good enough to get into their squad, but I hope for our sake he gets one more year here for some Prem experience! 

26 minutes ago, AJ said:

Basically created both of our goals and seems to get better and better.

Spurs are awful, but he won't solve their bigger problems. He's probably good enough to get into their squad, but I hope for our sake he gets one more year here for some Prem experience! 

Yes, he assists the assist. Two excellent forward passes that ultimately lead to the goals. God, I hope there's some way we can wangle a deal for him for next season.

• Like 1

There was a poster on here a few weeks ago who said Ollie doesn't create things. He just stops the other teams playing and he got quite touchy when I suggested that is the beginning of the creation of our moves.

7 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

There was a poster on here a few weeks ago who said Ollie doesn't create things. He just stops the other teams playing and he got quite touchy when I suggested that is the beginning of the creation of our moves.

Unfortunately there are some on here who either just do that to be controversial or just don't get it, or maybe both.

His all round contribution has been superb, some games he looks like he spends all his time breaking up play which he is excellent at, other games he's been the player that everything goes through, there's a reason why some teams have tried to just stop him getting the ball.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Spurs keeping a close eye on our Ollie......

Unfortunately, he is their Ollie.

To be honest, there aren't many of the Spurs first team that would actually improve our first team at this point. Kane would probably be a great option off the bench and Son would solve our no 10 conundrum or give some competition for Cantwell. Otherwise I'd keep our players over theirs.

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Spurs are woeful at the moment, change of manager on the horizon sooner rather than later.  Who knows if that helps us keep him but surely he’s good enough for game time at Spurs next season. 

Many have said that Spurs' midfield is one of their weak points, so hopefully they'll spend £50m on someone which pushes Skipp down the pecking order.

• Like 2