Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

England squad announced

engurland.png

No Grealish? Hmm, the guy might be a **** but uh, that's an interesting choice.. And somehow Tyrone 'Stomps on your face' Mings is being seen as good enough for England. Yeah, no clue how on that one although Shaw and Prowse getting in the team on the other hand is pretty neat and deserved.

And meanwhile Patrick Bamford is crying

Grealish is injured. Those CB options dont fill me with much hope. John Stones has been excellent the rest of them, meh.

Surprised he didnt take a look at someone like Holgate or Ben White.

6 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Grealish is injured. Those CB options dont fill me with much hope. John Stones has been excellent the rest of them, meh.

From what I know only good thing about Coady is that while he does seem like a rather average centreback,  he has real leadership skills on the pitch, very good captain for Wolves.

Still feels criminal that neither Dunk nor Tarkowski have been called up.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Brighton's best CB is Lewis Dunk, occasionally he suffers with a rush of blood to the head, but is a top player.  Those CB look flakey to me, not sure which pairing would perform under pressure.

19 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

England doesn't have a top international standard centre half. Mings in the squad just about sums it up 

2 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Shows that with a few injuries we have had to resort back to Jesse Lingard  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Have you seen his performances since he joined west ham?. 

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The likes of Dele Alli and Oxlade-Chamberlain should be hanging their heads if we've gone back to Lingard. 

Why? Neither have managed to force their way into their club teams on a regular basis. At least Lingard is playing and reasonably well at that at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Why? Neither have managed to force their way into their club teams on a regular basis. At least Lingard is playing and reasonably well at that at the moment. 

...thats exactly what I mean...

Overrated tosh, although technically more adept than recent incarnations of England teams. Defensively shaky, unbalanced in midfield and over-dependent on Kane up top (although Sterling has become a genuinely dangerous player in an England shirt now).

Tarkowski should definitely be in there. He's as good an old-school centre-half as you'll get. In fact, I'd play Pope in goal with Tarkowski in there - the partnership is worth more than the sum of its parts.

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

From what I know only good thing about Coady is that while he does seem like a rather average centreback,  he has real leadership skills on the pitch, very good captain for Wolves.

Or Michael Keane. Not sure how Mings gets a spot - a very average player.

17 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Coady is a really good passer of the ball. Probably only Stones is better.

I'd pick all of them ahead of Dunk and Tarkowski. Would probably pick Keane over them too.

Apart from Dier. He's a good player but his lack of pace gets him caught out too much by the better operators. He's clearly a manager's favourite though.

Similar for Trippier. Yeah, he produces a good ball when you give him time and space but he's not great in one on one defending against top players and his lack of pace is limiting at both ends of the pitch.

I struggle to see why international football goes ahead under the present circumstances.  Nations have their internal club football to try and keep going and provide a distraction/interest for football supporters, but this euro tournament is already a year late and trying to cram it in this Summer with covid still a big issue is a tad ridiculous.

There will be the world cup debacle next season too, so by the end of that and the following season straight after that, it will mean many players will have had no break for nearly four years. Season 19/20 straIght on to the 20/21 season, Euros, 21/22 season, world cup, 22/23 season.  Totally ridiculous.