Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Why does this forum not work sometimes?

I keep going to post here and it doesn''t work or it''ll post 2 hours later. Anyone know why this place doesn''t work sometimes

That would a good idea. Have a look at the Red Hot Chili Peppers message board. The messages are put on instantly and moderators look through the post afterwards. Would be better for the forum!

Can you please let us know the moderators hours of work actually are each day? I assume you''ve all been to off to a long Sunday lunch today?? 

It varies - at the weekend we have one person on duty on Saturday and Sunday to do moderation and all the other web updating work - yesterday I worked 10 - 6 in work, then moderated a couple of batches of messages during the evening at home (after the Rugby League on Sky and then before I went to bed).

Today I''ve been dipping in and out - you get the worst service from me, to be honest - the others tend to go into work and do 11-7 ish, so they are more consistent. I don''t usually manage to take two days off during the week to make up for the weekend (pause for sympathy) so I do less on a Sunday to make up for it.

But I am lucky in that I can work from home. The others can moderate from home, and often do, but not do anything else.

Celia

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

That would a good idea. Have a look at the Red Hot Chili Peppers message board. The messages are put on instantly and moderators look through the post afterwards. Would be better for the forum!

[/quote]

but this board is used so quickly and so much by loads of people it would be impossible to search through every thread and take out any bad contact quickly

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

but this board is used so quickly and so much by loads of people it would be impossible to search through every thread and take out any bad content quickly

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[/quote]

but this board is used so quickly and so much by loads of people it would be impossible to search through every thread and take out any bad contact quickly

[/quote]

It works on many other popular message boards, for example the frum for the web-based online game "Ogame" (www.ogame224.de/forum) is used by thousands of posters every day, they have a very good core of moderators and admins watching over it. I sugest anyone with doubts should check that site out as it''s a perfect example of how a popular message board can be properly managed (not a slur at our moderating team on ANY level).

What is the difference between a Trappist Monk gathering and a Pink Un Forum Poster?

One is a veritable cauldron of conversation and the other is an internet based messaging area.

I think that this message board works really we.................................................................................b*gger..................I think the broadband''s playing up again, love........damned comput