cambridgeshire canary

Many on social media dislike us- How do we avoid relegation?

Seeing as around 90 percent of the comments on any news artcile or post about Norwich right now tend to be 'pointless yo-yo club going up to finish bottom and get relegated again waste of a prem spot' (200 likes) How exactly do you think we can sort out our issues?

Thankfuly this season our defence has been seriously improved, with Gibson and Hanley both proving to be a fantastic pair and Skipp providing a very solid rock in the middle. However, do we think they are both good enough for the Prem? And of course- Chances are Skipp is leaving.

All in all- How do you think we can go about stopping our current 'reputation' with the general public, what issues do we have that we will need to sort out in the tougher divison?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

The general public are f*cking idiots. I couldn't give a t*ss what they think - let's be honest, there is a 90% chance at least that whatever they're saying is wrong.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

The general public are f*cking idiots. I couldn't give a t*ss what they think - let's be honest, there is a 90% chance at least that whatever they're saying is wrong.

See Brexit. Also the number of people who think Boris Johnson is doing a good job when we have the fourth highest deaths per capita in the world.

• Like 15

Most fans in English football would cut off their right arm to have enjoyed a past decade like ours. Our reputation amongst bitter Twitter warriors is nothing more than amusing to me. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Absolutely, Twatter is a barometer of absolutely nothing constructive or positive and I would suspect the vast majority of those commenting have no clue about how our club has developed over the last couple of years on and off the pitch. 

To answer the question though better recruitment and being more prepared this time through the experience of two seasons ago, pretty confident both of those things will happen. 

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

It's not just us though. So many Twitter bots making comments about other clubs... tinpot, yo-yo etc. blah blah blah. People are obessed with the Premier league and the top six. Personally I find it pretty boring, although I am glad we are getting promoted to get all of that lovely PL money.

6 minutes ago, Satriales said:

It's not just us though. So many Twitter bots making comments about other clubs... tinpot, yo-yo etc. blah blah blah. People are obessed with the Premier league and the top six. Personally I find it pretty boring, although I am glad we are getting promoted to get all of that lovely PL money.

Their logic is so flawed too, they're only perceived as a big top 6 club due to the existence of so called small "tin pot" clubs. Get rid of all of us, then suddenly their big club status has to be re-evaluated, they need us to prop up their fragile little egos.

I almost wish the euro super league would happen, just so we can see some of the so called big clubs languishing at the bottom of it.

Edited by Wardogz

Couldn't give a toss what other fans think, simply bookmark the post and tag them in May 2022 😁

Listen to people with actual knowledge of the game instead? (credit: @Horsefly who posted this in last night's match thread)

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

See Brexit. Also the number of people who think Boris Johnson is doing a good job when we have the fourth highest deaths per capita in the world.

You are like the EU - how dare we have left that corrupt and incompetent organisation. You must be rubbing your hands with glee at the thought they might try to ban vaccine exports contravening legally binding contracts to supply.

In regards to the death rate you should remember that deaths are treated as covid - 19 related if they occur within 28 days of a positive covid -19 test. This is not the same as saying that the deaths ate actually due to covid - 19. You died of covid if you get run over by a bus within 28 days of a positive test.

Are international death rates all reported on an equivalent basis? If not comparisons are meaningless.

• Like 9

Best thing we ever did was to get out of that unelected and corrupt club called the EU who only wanted us in there for our money.

• Like 3

All those countries not willing to use the UK developed Astra Zeneca why don't they use the one developed by the French or Germans,  supply not a problem then.  Oh no I forgot they haven't bothered to invest in a developing a vaccine to save the world.

• Like 3

If we can hold on to Max, Emi and Todd I think we can have a good shot at staying up. Our defence is better than it was on our last attempt, our players are a bit less naive to what they need to do to win.  

If we get another year of Skipp that helps too.

And someone needs to really claim that number 10 spot.

16 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

You are like the EU - how dare we have left that corrupt and incompetent organisation. You must be rubbing your hands with glee at the thought they might try to ban vaccine exports contravening legally binding contracts to supply.

In regards to the death rate you should remember that deaths are treated as covid - 19 related if they occur within 28 days of a positive covid -19 test. This is not the same as saying that the deaths ate actually due to covid - 19. You died of covid if you get run over by a bus within 28 days of a positive test.

Are international death rates all reported on an equivalent basis? If not comparisons are meaningless.

I'm going to reply once since I know this upsets people who don't want discussion of anything other than football in the main forum (so of course you can reply with the last word on the subject).

I have no idea what your first paragraph is actually trying to say but on the conspiracy theory about Covid death stats, read this by an *NHS acute doctor* and then tell me what your experience and qualifications are in the area: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/covid19-deaths-pandemic-myths-b1793642.html?fbclid=IwAR2Pgq3DOc8HGc7R2aIHo5DR33557AiBscyutSDhmv8-801P4bvGnH8LvyA.

Don't perpetuate lies.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Are you really up for mitigating the incompetence of our own bunch of cretins!   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seeing as around 90 percent of the comments on any news artcile or post about Norwich right now tend to be 'pointless yo-yo club going up to finish bottom and get relegated again waste of a prem spot' (200 likes) How exactly do you think we can sort out our issues?

Thankfuly this season our defence has been seriously improved, with Gibson and Hanley both proving to be a fantastic pair and Skipp providing a very solid rock in the middle. However, do we think they are both good enough for the Prem? And of course- Chances are Skipp is leaving.

All in all- How do you think we can go about stopping our current 'reputation' with the general public, what issues do we have that we will need to sort out in the tougher divison?

Simple - In the EPL next year play like we did at Forest and thrash the 'General Publics' team whoever they are (making a special example of any of Savage's pet clubs)

31 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Absolutely spot on. My father in law is a covid death statistic and he died from his terminal cancer diagnosis. As for the EU, they truly have let the mask slip and we are far better out. I voted remain 

• Like 2

Just now, JF said:

Absolutely spot on. My father in law is a covid death statistic and he died from his terminal cancer diagnosis. As for the EU, they truly have let the mask slip and we are far better out. I voted remain 

This is why you dont go on those stats, you go on the 'excess deaths' stats which show you the amount of people who have died compared to the previous ten year average.  This is as accurate as you can get when judging the handling of the pandemic.   

Excess deaths are up.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/press/press-releases/highest-rates-excess-deaths-in-the-world-ons-deaths-data-2020

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I'm going to reply once since I know this upsets people who don't want discussion of anything other than football in the main forum (so of course you can reply with the last word on the subject).

I have no idea what your first paragraph is actually trying to say but on the conspiracy theory about Covid death stats, read this by an *NHS acute doctor* and then tell me what your experience and qualifications are in the area: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/covid19-deaths-pandemic-myths-b1793642.html?fbclid=IwAR2Pgq3DOc8HGc7R2aIHo5DR33557AiBscyutSDhmv8-801P4bvGnH8LvyA.

Don't perpetuate lies.

I’ll tell you what my experience is in this area is and you’re wrong. Father in law died from the terminal cancer he was diagnosed with in the exact time scale he was given. Tested positive for  covid in hospital after being there for 3 weeks  at the end of his life but had no symptoms. He’s very wrongly a covid statistic and this has happened up an down the country by accounts from those who’s relatives have died in similar circumstances 

Edited by JF

10 minutes ago, Haus said:

This is why you dont go on those stats, you go on the 'excess deaths' stats which show you the amount of people who have died compared to the previous ten year average.  This is as accurate as you can get when judging the handling of the pandemic.   

Excess deaths are up.

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/press/press-releases/highest-rates-excess-deaths-in-the-world-ons-deaths-data-2020

Excess deaths in the home were also up last year, those people were not dying from covid but the response to covid. People who’s treatment was delayed and people who didn’t seek the medical help that was needed. Everything isn’t just covid, irrelevant of what some people think. 

Edited by JF

The problem last season was our defence was leaky and we didn't know how to balance defence and attack. For the first half of the season we were a bit gung-ho and got some decent points, but also conceded far too many. We then hit a massive injury crisis which led to us being able to do very little to change the team if players weren't performing and in the second half of the season we were far too defensive, Pukki hit a rough patch and we just didn't have any goals in us.

The difference is stark from this season compared to our previous promotion under Farke. We are the best team in the league in every aspect, we've conceded less goals, controlled games, our defence is tighter, the team is far better balanced. Not only that, but we are dealing with the pressure every week, and still getting the results. The philosophy is still there, but it has been honed. There is no doubt we are a better side now than we were when we were relegated. I don't see us ripping up trees next season, but if we can keep tight at the back and be a bit more ruthless up top there is no reason why we can't achieve what say, Leeds are this season. There's a lot of average teams at the bottom of the Prem right now, not saying we are massively better than them because I don't necessarily think we are, but we should be able to at least compete with them and give ourselves a chance.

Christ on a bike a thread about footbal and how we are perceived on social media turned into a political game of ping pong. Have a word with yourselves chaps for goodness sake.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Listen to people with actual knowledge of the game instead? (credit: @Horsefly who posted this in last night's match thread)

Quite why some people seem to instantly recoil when they see / hear old man Holloway is beyond me as he always comes across as a very knowledgeable pundit and a character. In addition he has frequently been positive about NCFC in the past. As he says ....'its just like watching Brazil' 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Firstly, and obviously, tell them to f**k off and worry about their own clubs. Secondly, by their own logic we can ask, "what is the point of most of the clubs in the PL given that they will never be competitive challengers for the title or top 4 spots?", "Aren't they too "wasting" a PL spot that might be taken by some other team?". What was the point of Stoke hanging around for years contributing very little in the way of attractive football, or of Burnley etc etc etc. One only needs to state these points to realise the stupidity of the original comments.  Frankly, the only difference between a so-called "Yo_yo club" like Norwich and clubs like Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle etc, is that we at least get see our team rip up the opposition every season or so. When Burnley eventually do get relegated will their fans honestly look back at their many turgid years in th PL and say to themselves "That was great to watch"?

Any team gaining promotion to the PL has earned the right to be there; it's as simple as that. There are no further criteria that demand one must guarantee that the team remains there in perpetuity. 

• Like 1

Offer our better players tempting new contracts.Decent summer recruitment which may involve spending a little more than last time will definitely help too. 

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Offer our better players tempting new contracts.Decent summer recruitment which may involve spending a little more than last time will definitely help too. 

We spent about £10 million last time. We're already committed to spending £14 million on Gibson and Gianoullis if we go up.