dylanisabaddog

Watford are better than us in every regard

28 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

😂

20210318_081533.thumb.jpg.69a2fb9ea2e74bf6187f18dd8fbe4e39.jpg

I'm very worried for the deluded people that liked his post. Living in la la land.

I'm guessing it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

The last sentence gives it away.

They are rather a cocky lot in general though.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Just now, Canary73 said:

Managers they've got through since we appointed Farke?

If my casual wiki stat collecting is correct, yep. If they were seriously challenging us for top spot we could send in Agent Lambert but it seems unnecessary at the moment

• Haha 1

Best placed of the contenders at present but they have a few tricky games at seasons conclusion and a couple on the road where they have ben far inferior.  Can Birmingham revival upset the apple cart? we can hope.  But the others are looking shaky.

Hey as a Watford fan I backed you to win the league as you know championship and have done it before. It took much longer for the penny to drop with our players that you get no time on the ball in this division. I do think we are better equipped for the Premier League as we can play the required way to get points. I also think your experience from last season should give Farke an excellent idea of what to do.

Not giving up on catching you but we are in Jack Leach and Ben Stokes areas now. 

Sadly I do now genuinely think Watford are the most likely for P2 as they are in good form, I'm not sure who is worse out of them or Swansea. I'd much rather Brentford made it into second.

16 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

Hey as a Watford fan I backed you to win the league as you know championship and have done it before. It took much longer for the penny to drop with our players that you get no time on the ball in this division. I do think we are better equipped for the Premier League as we can play the required way to get points. I also think your experience from last season should give Farke an excellent idea of what to do.

Not giving up on catching you but we are in Jack Leach and Ben Stokes areas now. 

I live near Watford and know many of their fans and most are nowhere near as confident or as arrogant. Any Premier League team playing Watford at the moment would rip them a new one, like we did to Forest last night. They have some good players, potentially on a technical level on a par with ours as a squad, and I have long said on here that they will come up with us. Form is generally a temporary thing and Watford have been up and down all season. When they play well, they can look good but they are massively inconsistent, and they have a very, very difficult run in. They need to win their next 3 games to get some kind of buffer, because they could easily lose 4 or 5 of their last 6.

Norwich, conversely, having dealt with severe injuries, squad rotations, and all other "noise" have been incredibly consistent, with comparative home and away records, starting from a solid base and constantly improving. Watford are nowhere near as good as Norwich are at the moment, and although it's right that no one should ever give up on the chase, Ian Botham in his prime would have no chance, let alone Ben Stokes. 

The only thing which could derail Norwich is a series of injuries during the international break

Watford have to play Brentford, Swansea, Millwall and us in their last 4 games of the season. I don't favour them for 2nd spot given that run in. Basically they would likely need to be at least 4 points clear of 3rd with those games to come, and even then they would not be clear favourites for 2nd.

I don't disagree that they are better equipped than us to survive in the PL next year, that's what that team was expensively purpose built to do, they haven't got our technical quality and they're not as good to watch but physically they're definitely superior and can play more effectively on the counter than we can. I think we're a better side overall though and that is reflected in the table, but if hypothetically we both go up and then don't sign anyone they would fare better than us. We're a very good Championship team, Watford are a rubbish PL team. 

Being technically superior by this leagues standards doesn't count for much in the top flight as most other teams will be as good or much better than us technically and be able to out run and bully us physically. One things for sure we need to have a blinding summer window and find some real gems if we're going to be able to compete next year. 

• Like 1

I do appear to be missing something - if Watford are so well equipped for the PL, why are they not playing in it?  And being honest, it’s just little presumptuous to assume they will be there next season, too. 

It is also a rather strange assumption that we couldn’t possibly learn from last season.  SW et al have already stated that they’ve learned and we will be much better prepared if/when we go up.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

I understand people keep going on about our difficult run in. We beat Norwich, drew with Brentford (having a last minute winner wrongly disallowed for offside) lost to Reading and Swansea A. At home we have lost 2, drawn 2 and won 15. No one has beat us by more than one goal all season. In our last 15 games we have picked up 35 out of 45 avalible points. Not saying we will win all 4 of the hard games but very unlikely we will lose all 4.

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I do appear to be missing something - if Watford are so well equipped for the PL, why are they not playing in it?  And being honest, it’s just little presumptuous to assume they will be there next season, too. 

It is also a rather strange assumption that we couldn’t possibly learn from last season.  SW et al have already stated that they’ve learned and we will be much better prepared if/when we go 

Because Sheff Utd  were wrongly denied a goal against Villa, and Deeney missed a pen against Spurs. That was the margin of our relegation.

Edited by Moosebadge

Really, those were the only reasons Watford were relegated? Nothing to do with not getting enough points in the 38-game season, then.  Well, clearly not as they are so well suited to the PL, just no one told their opponents....

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I don't disagree that they are better equipped than us to survive in the PL next year, that's what that team was expensively purpose built to do, they haven't got our technical quality and they're not as good to watch but physically they're definitely superior and can play more effectively on the counter than we can. I think we're a better side overall though and that is reflected in the table, but if hypothetically we both go up and then don't sign anyone they would fare better than us. We're a very good Championship team, Watford are a rubbish PL team. 

Being technically superior by this leagues standards doesn't count for much in the top flight as most other teams will be as good or much better than us technically and be able to out run and bully us physically. One things for sure we need to have a blinding summer window and find some real gems if we're going to be able to compete next year. 

Sadly, I agree with you. I think that the people who run the Premier league need to sit up and take notice that getting into the Prem is not the exciting prospect it once was - except for the fans of teams which haven't been there for a while, or ever.

Do I expect things to change? No, because people in power have too much money invested in the existing product. It started to go wrong when we had the first £1 million transfer IMHO.

Realistically, the best we can hope for is to give a better showing than last time, and anything above 18th will be brilliant. I firmly believe in the way we are approaching this, but it is hard to fight against the "norm" all the time - it is so exhausting. I just hope we can keep the faith. 

11 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

I understand people keep going on about our difficult run in. We beat Norwich, drew with Brentford (having a last minute winner wrongly disallowed for offside) lost to Reading and Swansea A. At home we have lost 2, drawn 2 and won 15. No one has beat us by more than one goal all season. In our last 15 games we have picked up 35 out of 45 avalible points. Not saying we will win all 4 of the hard games but very unlikely we will lose all 4.

You beat an injury affected Norwich team and you no longer have Capoue, who ran the midfield for you. You may well win 2 or 3 of those 5 difficult games you have but I doubt you'll win them all. Will it be enough for second? Probably. But Watford will need at least as much surgery as we do to have any chance of surviving next season - probably more, as we have a goalscorer and you don't now that Deeney has lost his legs.

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

😂

20210318_081533.thumb.jpg.69a2fb9ea2e74bf6187f18dd8fbe4e39.jpg

Who to believe? These Watford fans, or every other manager in the Championship? That's a toughie!

20 minutes ago, Moosebadge said:

Because Sheff Utd  were wrongly denied a goal against Villa, and Deeney missed a pen against Spurs. That was the margin of our relegation.

Anybody else think it's strange how nearly everything with Watford seems to revolve around penalties

People on here have been slagging off Swansea for weeks what with dodgy penalties and so on. I can't see beyond us for top and Watford 2nd tbh.

What happens next season, who knows? Probably down to who learned from their mistakes during 2019/20 season the best.

I was just trying to highlight the narrow margin that we were relegated by. I dont think the Prem is that great. I think we would have survived this season.

I dont agree that Watford are better than Norwich you have gone out and calmly smashed promotion. Having watched alot of your games I have been very impressed.

Watford are in a dog fight and probably have a 50 50 chance of automatic. I would love to do the double double over you next month however.