Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Who says......

....we can't do well without Buendia? That was the best first half performance from any Norwich side I've seen for quite a few years - and there have been some good ones.  Scintillating from start to finish of it to get us into a winning position. Sat back a bit in the second half, but that was some first half.....and no Buendia!   Shows what strength and belief we have whoever plays - and Dowell did well in Buendia's place. On that performance will Buendia walk straight back in to the team?  Probably, but Dowell may have done enough to keep his starting place, at least for now.

Edited by lake district canary

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

....we can't do well without Buendia? That was the best first half performance from any Norwich side I've seen for quite a few years - and there have been some good ones.  Scintillating from start to finish of it to get us into a winning position. Sat back a bit in the second half, but that was some first half.....and no Buendia!   Shows what strength and belief we have whoever plays - and Dowell did well in Buendia's place. On that performance will Buendia walk straight back in to the team?  Probably, but Dowell may have done enough to keep his starting place, at least for now.

There’s a few who have been calling for Dowell to start alongside Buendia & Cantwell. Might just see Rupp rested this weekend!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

There’s a few who have been calling for Dowell to start alongside Buendia & Cantwell. Might just see Rupp rested this weekend!

Two assists by Rupp tonight - would be a tough call. 

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Rupp probably the best player on the pitch tonight.

No doubt and fully agree Rupp was excellent, but Dowell played well and is starting to get game time, we have some tough games ahead and I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if we might see a couple players rested, Sorensen again came on for ten minutes, he looks absolutely a top class player, so comfortable on the ball and reads the tackle well....might see him start too with McClean given a rest! As OP said we have strength in depth might be utilised by Farke. Just a thought but if no changes are made I’d also not be surprised.

Just maybe they can give a possibly knackered Emi a bench to warm on Saturday. To be fair, he wasn't missed tonight even though who knows would have happened if he had played.

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Rupp probably the best player on the pitch tonight.

Very good performance, very underrated he's just really efficient and does his job well wherever he plays!  Did look like he was holding his left hamstring seconds before substitution so hopefully nothing too serious!

Edited by greggp27

Dowell was excellent tonight, but Rupp played exceptionally as well. Apart from some average shooting, Cantwell was also really good. It's a real conundrum, and I wouldn't bet against keeping this team.

If anyone misses out it will be Dowell, simply because he's the most recent addition. Or a radical call would be to play Rupp in McLean's place and put Dowell in at 10.

You could make a good argument for a bit of rotation to give Cantwell a rest. But the consistency we've had has come from from having a consistent team.

These are good problems to have.

• Like 1

Tough headache to have. Maybe Todd can have a rest and Dowell go over to the left?

Whoever gets dropped for Emis inevitable return can feel very hard done by but better that way.