Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

AM I THE ONLY GAY POSTER ON THIS BOARD?

So, those paragons of the press, the ''News Of The Screws,'' so admired (apparently) by Mr. Waghorn are going to out some Premier League Gay footballers tomorrow.

So what, what on earth does this have to do with their football career and why should it be held up for public opinion.

Its no ones business but theirs, the papers (and I use the term very loosely when it comes to NoW) should mind their own business.Sad reflection on football in particular and society as a whole that its such a big deal in the first place.

So they get their big story, they sell their papers, life goes on. These kind of people don''t see themselves as moral crusaders anyway, they just use that line to get publicity and, guess what, sell papers.My advice would be to just ignore them and it''ll all go away - I would have given the same advice to the so called "muslim world" (tho the papers are only really interested in a minority of extremists) over the whole "prophet cartoons" debacle. Btw. am I the only Muslim on this board??? (though it''s quite besides the point)

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

So, those paragons of the press, the ''News Of The Screws,'' so admired (apparently) by Mr. Waghorn are going to out some Premier League Gay footballers tomorrow.

So what, what on earth does this have to do with their football career and why should it be held up for public opinion.

[/quote]

Only if they''re ''Gay and Frivolous!''..........Maybe the "waste of printers ink" tabloids, can ''out'' the Premier footballers, who live and, have a drug free, humble, average, happily married/solid relationship, adore their kids and live an uninteresting lifestyle......"Oh!" that don''t sell the ''papyrus of pariah paranoia'' does it!?......What has sexuality of an individual got to do with the public?  I''d love to find out what the private lives of tabloid editors and journo''s are really like!.......OOP''s, coming down to their level now! ;~(  

I’m sure you’re not although in my own case the wife and new born child are asleep upstairs.  But you’re right, it really doesn’t matter two hoots.

I think in the context of the Yella’s the relevance of this sort of gutter journalism is symptomatic of the tragic demise of one of the best young strikers we’ve ever had and I’m not talking about the Show Pony who cleared off to Upton Park.  No, I’m talking a bout a truly great Norwich City centre forward who bottled nothing on the pitch unlike some I could mention, Justin Fashanu.

Fash was hounded by the media until the day he took his own life by just this sort of trash.  For those who saw them both play, Justin was always the better of the two bothers and look what a career John had, what an absolute waste of a life.

I think it’s a great shame the club have never really done anything to recognise what a great talent he was and more importantly his significance to the game in general.   Let us hope that in years to come when god willing attitudes in the game become more progressive Fash might be appropriately remembered by our club

And  yes, I was sat in the old South Stand when that goal went in!!!

I see this as a free scouting opportunity for clubs like Norwich, who need to improve their recruitment savvy. At least with these players, we know they would "come out" to play. 

As you say what does it matter - on this board or on the pitch?

But it clearly matters to some - bloke in my office - good level local semi pro - went into some sort of denial that there was any gay footballers either in local football or at professional level - refused to accept that there was anyone gay in his or opposing teams over the last 10 years playing football locally.   

That is where the issue is - he would not want them playing football - and that is where the issue is in public interest; exposing the prejudice not the individuals that are prejudiced against and so live in an homophobic atmosphere, leading to a fear of exposure, ridicule and exclusion.   

"if they wish to be gay then so be it"

Brilliant. I''m not sure it''s a "life choice" as such, but hey, the sentiment is about right.

And as for Bury Green, spot on. J Fash was not just rejected by football, and football "journalism", but his family too. A sad, sad waste of a supreme talent.

Anybody that has an issue with this "story", and the Sven-hunt, should NEVER buy this paper again and encourage everyone they know to do the same. If we actually do something about it, maybe we can get this dirt out of the newsagents.

I have to say that I felt a little irresponsible after posting my original text because I am not infact gay but might inadvertently encourage some who wished to keep their private lives private to follow suit.

Yes, the subject title was intended to attract attention and fortunately I am so secure in my own sexuality I am not afraid to write it in order to make a point which almost all of you have endorsed.]

I do not, have not and will not buy ''The Screws'' so you could say I have not researched my theme. In answer I would say that I was annoyed by the advertising on Saturday night television which at a popular family viewing time does nothing to help eradicate prejudice, bigotry or intolerence.

I am still fuming at Waghorn''s comments about posters based on a speech by a head honcho from this and other rags. I cannot abide hypocracy at this level and I hate bigotry on a parallel with that new modern vice used to beat people with, namely polictcal correctness.

So, in conclusion I will say that Mrs. Hucker tells me she no longer knows which way to turn and I hope we can ultimately judge other people on what they do or fail to do rather than who they are.

Just a small point Greeno, gays don''t ''wish'' to be gay, they are gay.

I''m glad the point was well made about Justin Fashanu - I suspect that there is significant homophobia in football at all levels that probably results in many young players leaving the profession rather than be subject to idiotic and ill-informed ridicule.

I have never bought the NOTW and never will because of articles such as this. If a footballer cheats his club or his fans, if he does something against the laws of this country then fine, ''out'' him. The rest of footballer''s lives is their own to do with - like the rest of us.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

I’m sure you’re not although in my own case the wife and new born child are asleep upstairs.  But you’re right, it really doesn’t matter two hoots.

I think in the context of the Yella’s the relevance of this sort of gutter journalism is symptomatic of the tragic demise of one of the best young strikers we’ve ever had and I’m not talking about the Show Pony who cleared off to Upton Park.  No, I’m talking a bout a truly great Norwich City centre forward who bottled nothing on the pitch unlike some I could mention, Justin Fashanu.

Fash was hounded by the media until the day he took his own life by just this sort of trash.  For those who saw them both play, Justin was always the better of the two bothers and look what a career John had, what an absolute waste of a life.

I think it’s a great shame the club have never really done anything to recognise what a great talent he was and more importantly his significance to the game in general.   Let us hope that in years to come when god willing attitudes in the game become more progressive Fash might be appropriately remembered by our club

And  yes, I was sat in the old South Stand when that goal went in!!!

[/quote]

I have an Mpeg of that goal if you or anyone is interested!!

News of the World are so stupid on their approach to all footballers. They seem like they are trying to ruin the world cup by all these Svengate crap and all these gay footballers. I don''t care who''s gay or who isn''t. It''s not something that needs broadcasting.

I can remember happier days when ''gay'' meant happy and carefree.

I find it upsetting that a certain group of people can ''corrupt'' such a lovely and friendly word to meaning something entirely different.

Shame on them all.

1st Wizard

I can remember happier days when ''gay'' meant happy and carefree.

I find it upsetting that a certain group of people can ''corrupt'' such a lovely and friendly word to meaning something entirely different.

Shame on them all.

Corrupt language? Wiz, I think your comment is wicked, man!

First Wiz said: "I can remember happier days when ''gay'' meant happy and carefree".

And I can remember the days when ''football'' meant the same!!! [W][W][W]

so what if theres gay footballers... we dont live in the Dark ages anymore!!! somoen should point out to the Screws of the world that Black people play football, and Asians, and other Ethnic groups.. perhaps they would use "shock treatment" in thei dark ages style reporting?

If there are gay Footballers then i feel they should go public.. theyd get a fantastic response from the fans of their clubs, and if there are any small minded petty indivduals then lets hope these so called "fans" get forced out by the more decent ones of us... just like the racists and the hooligans...

If any of our players were Gay they would be fully supported by the fans and rightly so too!

AS i said before its 2006... not 1066!

jas :)

[quote user="Ark"]Btw. am I the only Muslim on this board??? (though it''s quite besides the point)
[/quote]

Pleased to make your aquaintance, Ark. We''ve been having some lively but (usually) civilised discussions on the EDP forum about matters Islamic, but it all seems to be rather one sided because nobody up to now has identified themselves as a Moslem. If you''re up for it, come and have your say. We may not agree, but we may all become a little more enlightened in the process. See you over there I hope..

[quote user="Bury Green"]

I’m sure you’re not although in my own case the wife and new born child are asleep upstairs. 

[/quote]

I''m sure you are straight, Bury, but since Mark Oaten, since Oscar Wilde, well since the dawn of history actually, being a father is no proof that you''re not gay!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

So, those paragons of the press, the ''News Of The Screws,'' so admired (apparently) by Mr. Waghorn are going to out some Premier League Gay footballers tomorrow.[/quote]

So now we know the full sordid details - they are Player A, Player B, and Player C. Thanks, NOTW, for sharing that with us.